🛑 Share your LFG Boost Spam Screenshots

It was probably buried somewhere way down there :arrow_down: :laughing:

For the sake of keeping this topic in one place for everyone to see rather than spread out, I’ll post my screenshots from today on here that I already posted on another topic.
https://imgur.com/hjkmXHt
https://imgur.com/I9bLBzJ
https://imgur.com/Ce8nW2r
https://imgur.com/0qn9B6O
https://imgur.com/JADtjNv

1 Like

It would be so easy for Blizzard to ban all those people. Shame on them for not putting in that tiny effort.

Looking specifically for 12 keys leads to this:

1 Like

They would just do what the gold sellers did. Soon as they got a ban they made a new account and start all over again. I can remember the level 1 human warrior named “ndgshjfdhrt” standing in front of the SW Trade bank, spamming their message, they suddenly vanished, 2 minutes later human warrior “nhghtyiuersg” is back spamming the same message.

Blizzard could quite literally have a team sitting just banning these people all day and they would have to repeat the same process again.

The real problem lies in the players who buy the boosts in the first place. While I loathe them, these ad spammers are just advertising to a market.

All they need is 3 people to buy 3 boosts, and they have enough money to open a new account.

Blizzard doesnt care, its quiet obvious at this point.

they have more important issues to think about, like if conduit energy is needed and if we have too much/too little conduit energy

welcome in token world

wouldn’t it be better if you post screens of groups that are NOT wts? Because that certainly would be less.
Also on alliance side you don’t need to post then any screens from pvp or thorgast and depending on time neither for raid and dungeons because there is not a single normal group

1 Like

Holy… Macarroni, that’s a lot of groups, damn.

1 Like

Paying for the top end gear still feels like cheating to me. Why put in the work when you can pay someone else to do that work for you.

Do a lot of people even buy boosts?

One of my frieds i remember asked me if he could borrow all the gold I’d collected since launch of Shadowlands till March (880k mire than i’d ever owned by that point) jusst so he can get 2 items from the AH which he claimed that he NEEDED to enter groups for KSM so he can get KSM so he won’t be the noob that doesn’t get it by the end of the season.

I slapped some sense into him, told him that he doesn’t NEED the gear, that it’s a waste of gold and effort and that he’s better off not stressing himself with fitting in with the cool kids that have KSM (I know i dont).

Fastforward 2-3 weeks he went to classic in March, hasn’t returned to retail ever since and is anticipating TBC classic.

oh nevermind they are still boost spamming trade with level 1s and 10s
thought there was something to prevent them doing this
and oh ignore one of their chars they make another
with ONE more letter to bypass the ignore list
there is no way this is allowed

What’s a law without the courts and the police?

NOTHING

Blizzard sits their on the pile of cash and destroys their own community teams, game master teams, hacks teams, e-sports teams, and on and on the list goes. Every year we have to hear about how X number of people got fired, meanwhile the in-game near instant support has turned into a ticket system with automated replies and this garbage is rampaging through the game.

On top of that, there are people on this forum and elsewhere defending these boosting communities because “Hey it’s only for gold man” or whatever else. Doesn’t matter, these groups are breaking the rules of the game all the time. There are hundreds of them and Blizzard isn’t doing anything at all. It’s absolutely outrageous.

EDIT: And you know what, folks? It can get worse. It can get much, much worse. If you want a view of the future, have a look at Chinese WoW. It’s so full of ads that the game is actually nearly unplayable.

1 Like

How would that be better? we’re trying to get point across about the amount of “wts” groups advertising. This is agasint blizzards own ToS and they’re ignoring it.
This is trying to get that point across to blizzard how prevalent it is and how it’s getting stupid now.
Regardless if there’s 1 wts boost per 5 groups or 4 per 5 groups, that’s still 1 more that should be advertised on that platform.

1 Like

i feel the same way you do

This could be easily solvable if blizzard put in any effort. Just ban the ACCOUNT don’t ban the char ban the actual account that’s there every single time,id reckon you make up for your loses if you permanently ban all accounts that do wts on the group finder. Give it 1 week heck 2 days and it’s over they won’t post if you ban accounts instead of chars. That’s why this is so rampart,you silence measily characters instead of full fledged accounts.
And for the love of god don’t allow trial accounts or free acounts to speak on all chat(if its allowed). Separate them from the game unless they actually pay a sub.

They’ll have to ban a lot of accounts. Keep in mind that an advertising ready account needs one level 50 character, but you get that just for buying Shadowlands. It’s about 600k per advertiser. It’s a lot of gold, yes, but they also have A LOT of gold. Unless Blizzard is on the ball about it and keeps banning, this is never going to stop. They’ll have to ban tens of thousands of accounts before it really nets something.

And they should!

No it’s not because like I said earlier the boost sellers have taken over from the gold sellers. All they will do is open a new account and the process starts again. Soon as you shut down one account, they spend a maximum of 5 minutes on the store page, they have a new account, and they are back spamming their ads. So short of banning every account right now there isn’t really all that much Blizzard can do, apart from have a team sit in LFG all day and ban a boost seller that breaks the TOS as soon as it appears. They’re gonna be manning that team 24/7/12. But Blizzard, as always, just have to make things difficult for them and it’s players, by not doing enough when the problem arises, sitting on their hands and hoping everyone will play by the rules. Soon as the boosting for large amounts of gold started, it should have been stepped on hard. it wasn’t, and now it has grown into this wild beast that runs amok.

If they do that they pretty much pay for the service no? IF they non stop make accounts that need to buy wow to be subbed and buy sl that manhours just pays for itself while cleaning the community.

For me its money in blizzards pockets if they keep doing it,it’s not gold you have to remember its euros we are talking about.Yes they buy with gold but that gold came from some irl token transaction.

At 600 k(or 3 tokens ) thats a pretty good rate per 5 min i’d wager,id work for that everyday.

Yeah I feel dirty buying them tbh lol. Especially now they’ve pumped more BoEs in AH. It really did help me though getting the edge for KSM. I got to 220 ilevel mega early kinda january time and the 4x mythic BoEs was a 4ilvl boost.

At the time most people were 210-215 and don’t think I did a key where I wasn’t the highest ilvl. Pretty much got instant invites as a none meta DPS and it would of saved me 100s of hours of queueing. It sucks it’s come to that, but it is what it is. Did make my life alot easier , 100% doing it again after all thr horror stories of 1hour + queues.

Oh yes, absolutely agreed. No doubt about it. I just put it in those terms because after all what we’re dealing with are organisations full of people with a lot of gold. Now, I’d allege that these communities are selling that gold on the black market, but that’s not really important to make my point.