[10.1.5] Current Gearing System is the BEST one yet!

current gearing system is too bad and it is a result of dead game. Today i checked M+ groups to gear up my alt and see there are literally no groups. You can check it as well, go to premade groups and write 10-10 for 10 level of keys. You will see there is only 1 or 2 if you are lucky.

New gearing system requires too much farm on high level keys, we used to gear up our alts with valor farm on +2 keys, and it was taking 1-2 days to gear up an alt. Now you have given 8 sparks at the start in a fast way, but to craft your gear you need crests which are really time consuming to farm. In order to craft 8 gear ( 437 ilvl which is actually useless you need to recraft it again ) , you need 32x wyrm crest and it makes 480 / 12 = 40 dungeon runs. Good luck running 40x 10 and above dungeon to have “avarage” gear. To upgrade further with aspects you need to run again, 16 and above too many times.

Also, don’t forget the money required for “Drocthyr” which costs around 5k for each and you will need at least 8x for avarage gear which makes 40k gold, and you will need 16x for high level gear ( 447 ) which will add 80k more. Totaly makes 120k, and fee given for crafter is around 4k at will also add around 30k.

Gearing an alt will costing us between 40 to 80 dungeon runs and around 150k gold, it already killed the game. There were at least 10 times players in season 1, we are playing in empty realms thanks to new upgrade system.

That has several reasons:

• LFG tool doesn’t show you all groups searching. It shows you only a fraction of all groups actively searching. You can see that by pressing refresh a few times. There will groups appear that are not visible at first.
  • If you look for 10/20 levels of keys (not counting +21 and onwards) you will of course find very little selection because you are looking rather low.
  • We are approaching End-of-Season. That means most have already geared high enough to play +15 and onwards (the player count shifts further each week passing).
  • And most importantly, the time of day has an influence on player count. Many players are more likely to be online during the “happy hour” between 6pm and 10pm than between 3am and 8am servertime.

No. Compared to season 1 there is no players and we are forced to pay 150k per alt for crafting, so people don’t alt anymore and don’t craft. There is no way in this game you farm 150k in a day except for boosting. New crafting and upgrade system only benefits boosters and gold farmers, not real players.

No. As i have said multiple times in this thread, i dont want World content to drop mythic ilvl items. In fact no one in this thread has suggested that world content should drop Mythic ilvl items. World content will continue to drop items at the same rate and level that it does now. Those items should be upgradeable using the crests and flight stones over a long period of time to BECOME mythic level items.
I dont see any need to restrict these items to World content only but if that is an option then i see no reason to have any kind of delay to the rate that you get gear in world content. If it cant be used anywhere else then let them have full 447 items in the first week for all i care, It would have no impact on my game at all.

Again you misunderstand. NO ONE IS ASKING FOR 447 GEAR TO DROP FROM WORLD CONTENT. it would drop at usual world content ilvl and take 4 times as many crests/flightstones to upgrade.

How would a 398 ilvl World quest item give a performance improvement over a 431 ilvl items from a mythic+ run?

This is exactly the same thing we have been asking for in the entire thread!!!
So (as an example) if a bit of 447 gear costs 1000 tokens
Doing an M+16 gives 200 tokens and you could buy one bit of gear for every 5 dungeons.
Doing a world quest gives 10 tokens so you could buy a bit of gear for doing 100 World quests.
This is like LITERALLY what i have been saying the WHOLE TIME!!! I dont want mythic items to drop, i want it to be accessible to players over time.
Did you think that i was asking for 447 items to drop from world quests and rares etc?!?!?!?!?

This is the worst gearing state the game has been in, for a very long time.

Group loot is terrible, if you need an item for a raid, have fun rolling against 10+ every single raid because once somebody takes it on their main, you can bet their alt is gonna take it too.

Crests have created an environment where you are fully geared in 2 weeks and there’s no reason to play outside of raid logging.

Crafted gear is too strong, raid trinkets are too strong, these combined make filling the great vault up with M+ stuff pretty pointless.

Personal loot wasn’t good, but it was a damn mile beyond group loot in pugs, at least I was sure to get 1-2 items per raid, regardless if they were upgrades.

Yeah, I generally don’t do any content I don’t enjoy.

Perhaps.

Yeah, the rewards would definitely have to match the rewards or it would force people into it.

Then it seems we’ve misunderstood ourselves.

Fine by me then.

We were talking about the scenario where WQuests items were as good as the M+ ones.

Once again - fine by me.

Exactly!

It seems a misunderstand has happened.
Good that we cleared it up in the end!

1 Like

Let’s be real here. No one expects anyways to make that much gold in a single day on a regular basis.

Edit:

I am neither of those and can gain full benefits of it because I am not bothering to play Alts in general. It’s a system designed to be used on your main, not on every of your characters.

I’m 446,25 ilvl with raid tier. Only missing 447 trinkets. 160k+ dps (without aug) and mostly time playing tank (about 8k-12k hps needing). Playing with a gamepad (carpal tunnel syndrome).

Not playing in a guild (I’m in one of my twelve guild-banks). Using the dungeon-finder (aka retard-groupmaker) with some addons to “eliminate impurities” and leaving groups made by ppl looking for a rush. One thing I saw is around 100% groups are from horde players (alliance is over).

Ofc the system is not good: you can get gear pounding the keyboard. Faster with aug.

All players should be forced to play in guild to get stronger in gear.

And now it will be easier with the nerf of m+.

You shouldn’t farm gold anyway because its not time efficient. Also many people have a lot of gold from expansion first month that gold earning is highest or buy tokens because its just €20 for 380k.

Propably your guildies can craft everything you need too. Even my casual guild that people dont bother with profs are maxed and can make r5 everything without need to pay fees. Only dracothyst and mats are the only expenses.

Current system could reintroduce titanforging back to the game. Where the cap would be obviously the max upgrade. Like 5/5 for hero etc.

It would nice to be greeted with an item that chunks of like 5-10 runs of of your gearing sheldue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.