10.1.5 Frost

Now there are some news about frost changes too. Not a bad start, but i think its still not enough. I mean ok, some ebonbold/glacial spike/ray buffs, but with this broken icicle mastery scaling i think its still waste of time to use them. On the AOE side, its good, if we can add comet storm to our build, and maybe glacial assault will be good to, with this season2 4set. But is it to much to ask for Glacial Fragmants? Anyways we will see, its a good start, i’m just interested in other people’s opinions.

I’m very vocal about my opinions regarding frost and often too passionate but I wouldn’t be if it wasn’t crystal clear that frost has massive aoe issues.

I suggested multiple times that they should fix the AoE by buffing actual AoE abilites like Blizzard and Frozen Orb for starters. I mean look at this: https://i.imgur.com/jYPBKzA.png
Why can’t blizzard be half as decent? It is just not fair seeing destro literally spam one aoe ability over and over and pull such numbres while frost is incredibly crippled.

• Glacial Fragments should make a return but not as it was in Shadowlands. It was good damage in beta then they nerfed for launch. The problem with that was that it turned the class just a pure Ice Lance spam that triggered the effect. If it makes a return they should make it by only proccing GF damage when Ice Lance is consumes a FoF or cast into Winter’s Chill. But again too much if and when and too much synergy and clunkiness to a simple ask: do proper aoe damage. Look at destruction warlock spamming Rain of Fire for insane aoe. Literally not hard at all.

• Add a talent that increases Blizzard’s damage by 100% if hit 3 or more targets.

• Frost Bomb could make a return too. Same thing apply to a target and Ice Lance hits shatter into an AoE damage.

• They are soo focused on Frost being a pure Ice Lance spender spec. How are we supposed to AoE with an ability that only hits 2 targets? Maybe add a new talent that increases the 2 target cap to 5 or something with a reduced damage. Perhaps make Icycles hit more than 2 targets.

I’m excited to see the Icy Veins buff with the water elemental spawn. More damage taken is always good but question is how quickly it stacks up. Seems like the ramp up is going to take some time. Waterbolt has a 2 seconds cast time which will stack the 2% slowly for singletarget but for AoE it is not going to be any of use. Pet Freeze is on a 25 sec cd and if only applies a 2% damage taken that is nothing.

I understand your point about Glacial fragments, but we are already spamming only Ice Lances xD because of the overtuned icicle build. I think with fragmants it would be fine. On the other hand Blizzard and Rain of fire is different now. Sure warlock’s rain of Fire is stronget, but its a spender. With a warlock u should aply immolation to 5-6 targets before u can start spamming Rain of Fire. It is tru that blizzard is weak, but as i said before, current orb/blizzard+coment storm/glacial assault + glacial fragmants, i would like to use all of them at once. I wander, there will be enough points to use Coment storm+Glacial assault whiteout sacrefice any important stuff from the middle?

We are already spamming Ice Lances but for Glacial Fragments did not even need the FoF proc. That is why it was nerfed. All it was just drop down Blizzard and spam ice lances without anything so they nerfed it.

It is a spender but generates back the shards on their own hence they can just perma cast it. Don’t you see the problem? Mage has to sweat for mediocre aoe damage while almost everyone else just spam 1 button for op aoe. This is not right.

Blizzard has a CD so you can’t stack up multiple ones unlike RoF so you need to take a lot of things into consideration. RoF scales well the more target it hits. Blizzard needs something like that too. Why not extend Fingers of Frost to more spells? Like Blizzard for example. If you consume the proc with Blizzard then increases its damage by x amount. But not a joke amount like 20% becaues the base damage is so low that doesn’t do anything to the spell. More like tripple the damage. Bam Blizzard is a spender now and the increased damage is justified.

I’m good with multi class. I have like 5 alts usually geared up well not this expansion though but all of them are undergeared compared to my mage by like 20-30 ilvl and all of them outdps my mage on aoe with zero effort.

They removed icy propulsion so we’ll be a 3 minute class which sucks!

Im not sure they gonna remove it, and i cant even find anything about it. It just gona swap position with slick ice i guess. But to remove icy propulsion? I dont think it makes any sense. But to be sure, this is just some kind of early note, it is far from the end.

it says so in the blue post

‘‘Summon Water Elemental, Icy Propulsion, and Snap Freeze have been removed.’’

You right, i missed this one. Hmm , anyways its not the final version i hope. Whiteout Icy Propulsion its a joke. Or idk, maybe they want to remove it cuz of this new winter’s blessing talent, witch is not bad, but we dont have that much haste to be enough to replace Icy Propulsion. So, i dont really know, this first upgrade note is not that good. There are some good things, but as i mantioned before this buff on GP, RAY and Ebonbolt isnt enough to make them a viable option i guess. I honestly don’t know, we should try it first, until next week we can speculate only.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.