101k Chaos bolt from a level 111

Please inform em how to post a screen shot and i’ll show you a level 111 doing a 101k Chaos Bolt on me

you put ` at the start and the end of the link which should look like this then.

Link

Best guess is that they had some sort of crazy stat/scaling that is common when going into a new expansion with high raid gear.

A destro warlock for example could take multiple sources of +% damage: -

• Mastery - provides a fixed % bonus with a further random chance to deal up that % bonus.

• Critical Strike - Chaos Bolt’s damage scales with critical strike chance, despite being a forced critical strike.

• Dark Soul: Instability - 30% critical strike for 20 seconds, as mentioned above, crit enhances Chaos Bolt’s damage.

• Sin’dorei Spite legendary - 15% damage bonus for 25 seconds after using Infernal.

• Several other legendary items - many were changed in BFA to provide a flat % damage increase, instead of their old effects.

• Grimoire of Supremacy talent - every soul shard consumed during Infernal increases Chaos Bolt’s damage by 8%.

• Focused Chaos PvP talent - 65% damage boost to Chaos Bolt but it no longer works with Havoc.

So for a 111 with high crit/mastery from Antorus raid gear and this multitude of % enhancers it’s not unreasonable believe such a high hit, assuming that these bonuses are multiplicative.

A lvl 111 players sits around 45k HP at the very best with a few BfA items. It is not reasonable that, because of scaling on another player, someone hits for somewhere between two and three times his max health. Even Warlocks aren’t able to do that on people of their level. Legendaries or not. They couldn’t hit 10M Chaos Bolts in Legion. And they can’t hit 900k Bolts at current max level. It’s just both ilvl and scaling issues that are ridiculous here.

You misunderstand. I’m saying

in the manner that I believe that it is possible, not that it should be possible.

it is, in truth, somewhat disgusting, even at level cap. Highest I’ve taken is 152k from a 292k health pool, which even then is still far too high from a 2 second interrupt-protected cast :frowning:.

TWINKS.
You gotta love them

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.