11 years of no love to RBGs

I am a returning player. Last played in the Cata era as a Frost DK and could only scale up to 2K RBG rating via pugs as I never had a team/guild to play along. I quit the game for IRL reasons and having returned to the game in 2022, it feels amazing that the best title reward for RBGs is still “Hero of the Horde” as it was way back in 2010 with no association of season attached to it, like that for Arena players!

There are hardly any PvP guilds around at least in Stormscale and all the PvPers are for Arenas and all the Youtube streamers or WoW advertisers are for Arenas. I could only find a single Youtube streamer who talks about WoW RBGs. This is really sad.

Hoping against hope, I request WoW game developers and possibly those who are in PvP to please consider something for rated battlegrounds and if you really want to enhance PvP motivating players to get indulge in skill based games, make PvP overall PvE grind independent or possibly gear independent, like some of WoWs closest rival games do.

Thanks
Drohokaal aka Dr. Sunny Duttagupta

6 Likes

RBG does really need some love, it’s basically completely overlooked and only gets updates by way of other game modes (i.e. random BG addition, overall PvP gear/tuning).

I truly hope they strongly consider a 6v6 solo queue version of RBG with only 1 healer 1 tank spot per team. I don’t have extended PvP experience but I’ve played RBG for the past 2 expansions and the overwhelming amount of time spent is in assembling a group and replacing people after single games.

The majority of teams in LFG are only there for the daily win conquest reward as that is the only incentive to play RBG versus arena which takes a fraction of the time and coordination investment to get going. This usually means that even if you’re on a win streak with a group you’ll inevitably have to replace a few people after every match.

There are so few people playing the game mode that even in the regional LFG pool you end up with the same players repeatedly and that pool shrinks dramatically as soon as you reach around 1800 rating. I’m sure opinions vary on why that is but I feel that the lack of updates and the group “management” aspect of the mode are probably the largest factors. Shrinking the group size and adding a game mode addresses both of those issues.

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the BG brawls as solo queue rated content. I know they like to pretend that balance and fair play matter in rated PvP but just take an honest look at Arena, even 3v3 and tell me that’s actually the case. I think the game is at a point in its life where competitiveness has far overshadowed fun and whatever they do in the future I hope they make some concessions toward the latter.

2 Likes

I think love should starts from soloQ for RBG.

2 Likes

Mists of the Battlefield on Stormscale Horde, active and recruiting. One main RBG team running now but plenty of players of all skill levels. Welcome.

1 Like

I second your thoughts. Well placed.

It is an earnest request to the developers, that kindly look into RBGs as well and bring in some decent upgrades, in terms of titles and rewards other than the seasonal mount.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.