11.0 seems kind of Alliance-heavy, doesn't it?

Not to sound like certain other posters, but… Well, we have the dwarviest of dwarves that dwarf harder, than has ever been dwarved, and we have the most knightly, pious and fantasy-medievalish humans ever… And there are some bug people. On the character-driven front we have Anduin’s way back from the darkness, and Alleria’s rivalry with kanifu, and we have heard about adventures with Brann, Moira and her kid. I guess Thrall will be in there somewhere, but it doesn’t seem like his arc, if there is any, will be that central, does it?

When they got rid of the faction war, they told us that they weren’t ending the factions and their identities, just the squabbling around them. Then they put us into an addon where factions and faction characters were so irrelevant, that it didn’t matter that much… And now we seem to be getting some pretty Alliancy stuff that’s painted neutral, so the red team can tag along awkwardly?

Am I missing something here? Do you think we can expect more hordish content in the patches? Or are they at a loss about what to do with Orcs and friends, if they don’t have a faction war? It’s not like the other 2 addons sounded that hordisch, if you don’t equate Horde with elves…

1 Like

It is what it is . This expansion will probably be more alliance heavy .
The next one will be dealing with the sunwell so I guess more horde tilted ?
Plus if we are going down the voidy path , there is likely a chance for a light x void , so the maghar can duke it out with their favorite shiny space goats .

From horde standpoint I will take working with Anduin over listening to Bane moaning about his insecurities 24/7 . (hopefully Andiun won’t do that too much … right ?.. RIGHT ?)
They did hint at cinematic , that Thrall will look for his new place in the horde , so maybe there’s that .

I’m not buying that, if they already said it is about uniting all elves… I mean, high elves were never really core Horde fantasy, and it seems likely that Alleria will still be a main protagonist, doesn’t it? Sounds more like a faction-neutral story to me. Thematically, Quel’thalas certainly isn’t further from classic Alliance-themes than from Horde ones.

No more chance than before, really. What they presented was more Order vs Void. They might work in Yrel somewhere in patch content, but we know the general direction and that doesn’t revolve around her themes. Apart from that… are there (Horde) Mag’har characters that they have spent any time on at all? I don’t think so, and I don’t think that would change, if they actuallly went with the interdimensional space goat invasion. If it’s Light vs Void, Mag’har don’t stand for either, and likely wouldn’t be in the spotlight. If they are lucky they might get some dialogue or sidequests to tell us how they are feeling about it.

As long as it’s just whining, I really don’t give a flying poop about who it is. Anduin, Baine, a random kobold, I don’t care about any of it. (And no, I don’t care if the whining is warranted, either. I’m not playing Warcraft to learn more about PTSD.)
But it has been a trend for years, that as the war is out of the picture, Alliance becomes the driver, while the war addons are all about the Horde, with the Alliance mostly waiting for the cue to declare the war ended. I am worried, that we’re gonna lose out on the little viewpoint diversity we had out there. I play almost exclusively Alliance myself, but I don’t really want to play in a pure Alliance world of Warcraft.

They’ve been saying that for ages, haven’t they? And as far as I’m concerned they haven’t even begun defining the problem, much less started dealing with it. Thrall’s place in the Horde as voice of the orcs in the council doesn’t exactly seem unstable or untenable.

2 Likes

All of the above you said is pretty much true .
Point is we don’t really know much about the story , but from what we see it is alliance themed .

That being said there is a chance that the Horde gets to shine with Thrall in there .
This whole light / order stuff looks very much closer to alliance now than to the horde , who are left as closer to earth and more shamanistic .
Listening to the elements and all that .
You know , the same elements which seem natural to Azeroth and might be part of it .
It should be easy enough to twist it like the Alliance get corrupted / misguided by the light/order and this will be chance for the horde boys and gals to show us the proper way to live in harmony with the world .
If they miss this it would be a real shame .
Also shamans for all races :slight_smile:

PS: Pretty sure we will get a story arc with Thrall looking for a way to regain his shamanistic powers .

1 Like

God I wish they’d just merge the two factions already. This is like console wars but less funny.

1 Like

Yea, Blizzard even gave away to the Horde one of the canon Alliance playable races in the next addon! )

They started doing that with Legion (BFA actually)

and thus the Grand Horde Alliance is born lead by a council of all the races as all things should be no kings, no gods, no masters just the council

hopefully with less real life bullcrap poltics that prevent them from actually doing their job :smiley:

There is also Thrall, and since this is just beginning of new expansion, expect things to change. Anduin needs a story now since he is back and since we have to deal with Xal’atath it’s fitting for Alleria to be there too.
Knowing Blizzard and Metzen, second patch and the end of The War Within will be horde heavy. So don’t worry, things will change

Well, been waiting for Nelf Shamans since WoW launch so, would be a time. They make more sense then Night Elf warlock. Especially without any explanation given to Night Elfs how they can now be warlocks. Would be so easy to pull out Ashenvale story of curing Satyr and spread it around a little, Like Kaldorei accepted them back in to society after and they thought others, just like Highborne mages

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.