No AH in BFA main cities?

:rofl:

I think it keeps our capitals alive, some things can only be done there by the bulk of the playerbase. So it’s not a ghost town :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This why my AH character is an engineer, as well has garrison AH and is going to have a saurus too. Having 2 loadscreens minimum on my way to AH is getting dull on my ‘normal’ characters.

My theory is that it was just done so people would feel more enforced to buy the bloody long boi

Dalaran didn’t had an AH on either expansion beside the engineer one (which bfz also has afaik), where was the long boi back then ?

2 Likes

Its done so that the new cities dont end up overpopulated. To many players in one place causes allot of lag and in some cases a server crash.

Haven’t given it that much thought haha

1 Like

I think is aright, makes old capitals hubs where you still see peeps around and gives Engineering some extra utility.

Well mate… dont u have a LongBoy yet…?? :joy:

I have a Brutosaur so I’m ok with that. :slight_smile:

The AH in Northrend Dalaran is the same as the one in Legion, only for Engineers, at least that is how it work back in WOTLK. After Cataclysm it was changed to allow erveryone to use it because the portals to faction cities were removed.

As others have mentioned there is an Auction House in the Battle for Azeroth city hubs, if you’re an Engineer :wrench:

That was true back in Legion as well, during that time the AH in Dalaran in the Broken Isles was just for Engineers, it’s a perk for being that profession, your own little robo buddy Auctioneer.
It was opened up to others when Battle for Azeroth released to make it a little easier for people still leveling up in that content.

Warlords of Draenor you could build an AH in your Garrison.
Mists of Pandaria the Shrines each had an AH again for Engineers only back then and later opened up to everyone.
Dalaran in Northrend too back in the day, during Wrath of the Lich King it was Engineer only, and opened up to others afterwards.

I don’t actually remember if there was one in Shattrath… it’s late and nearly my weekend though :smiley:

3 Likes

if you want shiny, metallic auctioners in your main hub, engineering profession is there for you.

Your theory fails because it was always like this long before the mount was introduced to the game.

1 Like

I am thinking here scryers and aldor having their own auctioneers but i have got only 2 cups of coffee this far so this memory is as good as guess on this point. :sleeping:

1 Like

Yes, i even admitted it if you bother to read

I did, just missed the reply, sorry.

1 Like

Just checked and AH at pandaria shrines still available to engineers only!..

Same for Legion Dalaran, I can’t even see AH NPC if i’m not engineer.

This is the only engineering AH that works for everyone it seems …

Kinda hilarious that huge cities are so left behind in technology, money and knowledge, that they cant afford an auction house…

Nah, it makes sense - all this warfare that takes place - it dries tax payers empty.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.