12 weeks to catch-up. Start now and be done in September

Hi

Tomorrow, my hunter alt will reach cloak rank 15.
With the catch-up mechanic, I will be able to obtain two cores per week.

This means, if I kill N’Zoth on normal or higher every week (which is a huge waste of time), while also doing a vision clear - I will have caught up with cloak resistance on September 2nd, 2020.

I suggest bringing a better cloak catch-up.

53 Likes

Think you need to check your maths out.

Sorry I was off by a day :flushed: it’s September 2nd, not 3rd.

Doesn’t change much

6 Likes

But if you get 2 cores a week, that’s +6 resist a week… the cap is currently what 86 (as of tomorrow)? Barring further increases that’s 6 weeks?

While you catch up, people who are not on catch-up still get a +3 core every week.
in 6 weeks +1day, cloak cap will be 104

3 Likes

Ahh I see what you’re getting at now.

Alright then I did this for nothing…

17 Likes

which means you will have around 5-6 months to use it till release of SL in january/february :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes please. Those of us who don’t run raids are twice as slow to catch up.

A core would be a much better use for my echoes than a vision key.

Or perhaps masked runs could provide cores, one every two masks or so: 1 mask 1 core, 3 mask 2 core, 5 mask 3 core. Each tier once a week like the item rewards, for a total of 6 cores / week. That’d be nice.

Heck, getting 2 more cores a week from visions would be huge too. Could still cap total weekly cores so people don’t feel forced to kill N’zoth, but can opt to do that instead of one more vision.

(Yes, yes, I know I could PuG N’zoth. I won’t, not on my main, let alone an alt, thank you.)

5 Likes

I just lost all will to try and gear up my pally :smirk:

14 Likes

At this stage I’d really expect to be able to at least catch up by 6 corruption (for a total of 9 a week). 3 is anemic

1 Like

If you dont run raids you dont need to catch up.

:man_facepalming: /10chars

5 Likes

Raiding is not the only high-end content that people can do

8 Likes

And you need corruption restiance for Mythic+ why exactly ? Rank 15 cloak is more than fine for curruptions in +15. And invalidate progression by letting few people what just started playing catch up on something what other work towards for weeks is nonsense. Specialy not when you dont need it.

At this point, not even for raids, unless still progressing and/or switching mains. That’s beside the point though. It’s not about needing to, because you don’t need it for raids, never did. It’s about being able to. I mean, I can reliably farm 465+ gear with good stats and good corruptions far faster than I can acquire the cores, and that feels a tad awkward.

I understand why there needs to be some gating, and that’s fine. But with the corruption vendor being available, the current gating is just too painful and pointless.

1 Like

To me it rather looks like some people simply want to be exact same power level as others but without actual effort and they jsut hide it behind some ,oh i need to catch up otherwise i am not viable" which is nonsense. No you just want free power for doing nothing.

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
Who the hell said that?
If you can get cores from visions more than once a week, youll be doing the exact same “effort” like with your main but not stupidly timegated, and yes you do need corruption everywhere to be on part with everybody else…whats the point of playing an rpg then?..jesus dude

11 Likes

Twice. You can get second from Nzoth kill which is esentialy catch up.

Noone ever said that in this thread. We want to be able to put in the effort. Doing a vision and killing N’zoth once a week is not an effort. We’d like to do more, but can’t.

12 Likes