120 and lost

Hey All,

Have not played WoW in a very long time (since Cata) I played for a month on release of BFA and just didn’t have the time to commit, I now renewed my account and finally dinged 120 and I’m literally just lost, I’ve been finding rep in the factions to start my war campaign which I’m now just starting so guessing this is the way forward from here? I’m also wanting to start getting back into PvP but yet have no idea where to even begin for PvP gear? I’ve read afew icy veins things on PvP but it’s liteally blown my mind :S any help much appreciated as to what I should be doing now I’ve got the rep and started the war campaign and any help as to how I get PvP gear now? Thank you.

I can’t offer much help with how to get PvP gear. Stopped doing PvP after cata aswell. I presume BGs, arenas? I think some of them do m+ to get gear from the weekly chest (you get a piece of gear with its ilvl based on the highest level of key you did, up to 10, that week if you didn’t know)

However, I’ve played every expansion from TBC and onwards. Usually with a few months of break every now and then, but I’ve stayed active for ~12 years now, and I’m always a little lost when I cap for the first time in an expansion. Takes a little while to adjust and realise what’s new. Yes, you continue your war campaign. More stuff will be added too the campaign 8.2 aswell. WQ’s, rep. Mythic+ has been a fantastic addition to the game, I recommend it even if you never really liked PvE a whole lot. Do Island Expeditions for AP for your neck (once you’ve done x5 heroic or x3 mythic islands per week you’ll get 2,5k AP from a guy right next to where you queue up for it).

Lots of changes since cata. Just gotta get out there, join groups, guilds, explore.

Thanks for the reply appreciate it guess I’ll just carry on exploring etc for now

Welcome back!

The accursed useless new armoury isn’t displaying your character for me right now, so I can’t really tailor my suggestions very well.

It’s not you; it’s the game. Every expansion has laid systems atop systems that all hit you together when you reach 120, until the amount of stuff that comes at you now on dinging is flat crazy. Relax for now. It DOES settle down and become routine.

Here’s an article on the changes since Cata:

Here are a few things:

• You will get some little gear at random (I am really coming to hate that word; so will you when you have been around BfA for a while) from BGs, but for anything more useful from PvP you will have to get arena rating, or RBG rating, and even then it will be slower and probably less good than what you get from PvE. There are no PvP vendors. A major complaint from PvPers is that they have to do PvE to get gear. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/conquest-points-wow-pvp-gearing
  • You can get starter 120 gear (up to about ilevel 370-ish) fairly quickly from
    a) normal/heroic dungeons and
    b) world quests and
    c) LFR, and
    d) if you’re lucky enough to see a Warfront pop soon.
    -There are weekly quests to DO Something - win BGs, do 4 Mythic dungeons, win pet battles - that give you a good piece of gear, at ilevel 400

You WILL want to get to work on your War Campaign and your requirements to earn flying (Pathfinder), which will be available soon, when 8.2 hits in a few weeks. Combine that with getting gear from World Quests.

World Quest gearing works like this: the reward you are offered is based on your current ilevel. If you have ilevel 350, you will see WQ rewards in the range of 350-360.

Emissaries are rewards given for doing 4 quests for a faction, and they give better rewards. Always do them, at least until you have hit the top of the reward system (~370 for quests, ~400 for Emissaries).

These trackers tell you how you’re foing with your War Campaign and Flying:

Sites you need as resources:

wowhead.com for general reference

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides for class builds

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons for addons

and of course, if it’s in WoW, it’s on YouTube somewhere. :slight_smile:

P.S. Ah, the armoury has finally responded. You are about where I thought you would be. The world is tough enough at ilevel 300. It will get a lot faster by the time you hit 350.

• Finish off questing in Nazmir towards Pathfinder.
  • Keep Exploring towards Pathfinder.
  • Open up World Quests. Do lots for Rep with Tortollan and Champion, for gear, for Emissaries, for the achievement towards Pathfinder.
  • Fit in the BGs you enjoy as best you can.
6 Likes

Wow thank you ever so much for the reply, really appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.