Suggestions for Horrific Visions

Exactly :P, which is why I feel like the focus should shift on more mechanical challenges rather than the current way it is designed.

If you could dodge the boars and instead of having boars swarms there was other abilities that you can interact to then it would be much more fun.

I mean you can deal with the boars, that’s kind of the point, just because you’re capable of skipping them with brute force doesn’t mean the method of dealing with them isn’t already there.

Not everything needs to be dodgable / a bullet hell to be difficult. The fight is about add control.

1 Like

Excuse me for that I can be a little dense when I’m tired, yeah you’re right I should look at the PoV of more than just rogue and warrior.

Looking at your posts above now I understand what you meant at the start!

1 Like

I still haven’t figure out how I should control them. Too many of them and they not available at start of fight. So I am better off start from that side of orgrimmar and use some major Cds and burn trough the inevitable sanity drain.

I spend a whole day doing that labyrinth, i’ve taken like 10 paper pages to draw it and try to track my progression.

When I finally got the mount I was so happy! It was really amazing!

1 Like

No thx, its still really challanging with 5 masks. I would understand if everyone and their mother easy ezmode 5 masks run, but alot of people still didnt complete it at all…

I have 3 major issues with Horrific Visions and a couple of minor annoyances.

1. Their limited availability. For me they’re the only fun feature to come out of BFA and I want to do more but I can’t. Limited to 4-5 a week, that’s an hour of content. Because they’re so limited failing one feels really bad and discourages experimentation, exploration and taking risks. Which leads me to point 2.

2. You need too much outside info to do them well/efficiently. We’ve had several people in our guild who had no idea what they were supposed to do in there, what was happening and why they were even in there. Because they, of course, got their behind handed to them they just stopped doing them. The game tells you almost nothing and a guide/youtube vid is almost required.

3. They’re wildly unbalanced. For example DH’s, rogues and even prot warriors were doing full clears weeks before most of the other classes/specs. Being a caster with 1 or 0 interrupts on Rexxar sucks while he’s a non-issue for bursty melee with plenty of interrupt/stun options.

Minor issues:

• The 25k cap on the currency makes no sense anymore. It’s just an annoyance now. Game doesn’t warn you you’ve hit the cap either.
  • If you do any kind of raiding or M+ Visions are very unrewarding gear-wise.
  • It’s very easy to get stuck in/under the scenery; especially in Orgrimmar, especially during the Scorched Feet madness.
  • If you’re a raider it’s mandatory content because you want the resistance for the N’Zoth fights and the corruption resistance for your dps. If you have limited time farming for and doing the Visions become an unwelcome chore quickly. The changes to the weekly cloak upgrade quest help a bit there.
  • Bugs. It sucks to lose a run because Valeera gets stuck in combat somewhere, because a tentacle gets stuck underground keeping you in combat or because there’s an evading Figment stuck in the haywagon after the Org teleport.

They spawn at rough health percentages. 85, 70, and 2 at 55~ DPS rexxar slowly and kill the first two as they spawn, then pop all your CDs and burst him whilst using aoe disruptions last second on the other two boars casts.

That’s how you do it with five masks active at least. Much less than that and yes you can just burn him down.

Casters is at a huge disadvantage in visions, compared to melee. I am a 462 elly shaman with r12 cloak with all but 5 upgrade choices left for full research, and only recently became able to do full mask less clears. Pretty much every melee cleared normal long before the casters in the guild at a much lower ilvl, and have started on masks.

Though I was pretty suprised to hear that you only need to clear the 2 lost areas to unlock more masks, says that nowhere. But the half sanity mask is -brutal- to be the first mask you start with. Yeah, I have to agree with the OP that the rewards is not comparable with the effort, especially if you are a caster.

I may give masks another try next week, but I think im better served with saving vessels for normal clears for cloak upgades from 13-15. Then masks can wait till r15 is done.

And the 25k visions cap -needs- to go!

Idk, myself and many others playing casters did their first full clear in week 2 with no more than 460 ilvl. I think it’s harder for some casters, sure, but it’s not so disproportionate that 460 casters should only now be capable of unmasked clears.

The game gives you hints as to the locations of the other masks, but yes it’s obscure as hell.

And you said 460 right there for full normal clears for casters. Meeles in the guild did it at 430ish. A huge difference.

1 Like

I think you should ‘waste’ a vessel to get the 2 lost zones done with that mask activated to get the other 2 masks. Then you can run with the 2 new masks and forget for a while the 1st. The 1st is by far the hardest :slight_smile:

Having 25% more sanity reduction (Effective 40-50%) makes a big difference too. You’ve literally got double the time this week that you did week 2.

You are right there are some melee classes who perform just really well in there :slight_smile: But 430, that is basically only DH, isnt it?

Yes, it does. Yesterday I cleared normal with a sanity orb charge left over.

Feral druids and paladins as well.

In week 2?
I dont even need an orb for Orgrimmar anymore with the current cloak.

430 ilvl with 65% cloak resist I think any spec would be capable of a full clear without masks. In week 2 I don’t think that was doable, week 2 was only 40% sanity reduction and people only just had elite extermination if they had it at all.

1 Like

Don’t like the follower idea one little bit. We shouldn’t have to choose between grouping up or levelling a bunch of followers. Make the content appropriate for solo or group, not group or fake group.

Solo play is a legitimate part of the game. WoW has always accommodated a wide range of play styles irrespective of claims made for one at the expense of another.

MAKE VESSELS STACK please for the love of everything that is (un)holy!

1 Like