Suggestions for Horrific Visions

I disagree. But that’s fine. To each their own.

This! THIS!

OMFG why wasn’t this done from the start? Tbh, I hadn’t read into it, and when I was hearing about visions and how they were for everyone I assumed that there would be something that made them sensible for people who didn’t main dps… like you’d always have a party of 5, and island AI would be used to make up your group, allowing you to go with 1-5 players as desired.

Turns out assume makes a… butt… of u and me…

Not to mention that current advice seems to be “run with 5 dps”. Meaning I’m forever going to be last-pick for visions, since my dps set and skills are sub-par, and I will probably never get a 5-mask clear because nobody wants me to do the thing my gear and skill set is aimed at - i.e. healing parties in dungeons.

I like the concept of visions, but the implementation if you don’t dps very well is indeed “horrific”.

3 Likes

My main issue with the visions is the gating; I wouldn’t mind the difficulty if I could replay visions over and over to practice and get upgrades. As it is, after several hours of doing dailies over multiple days, I finally run a vision… and woop, I messed up, sanity gone, vision over after 5 minutes, hope you had fun!

I also agree with the more player control aspect: I would especially love to see ways to recover sanity inside the vision, in a more granular format. Right now sanity basically just feels like a ticking timer that you can’t do all that much about; it would be more interesting if there were ways to bump it back up OR maybe take a risk of losing more for a greater reward… but as a choice inside the instance, not just a pre-set modified. Decisions during the run like these would make each run more unique, and players would have more control over the difficulty as well, taking risks as they please.

1 Like

Oh I’d love a proving grounds mode, I was so inlove with proving grounds that I set out to get the top rogue spot on my server back in the day, in which I got it at round 96.

1 Like

Tell me one thing, but honestly, is such feedback even relayed further? Because He got one good idea that I think it may work - bodyguard system with items/talents.

I had exact same idea when horrific visions weren’t even planed - about the time chromie scenario was released. Love it.

Awesome to come back to this thread today and see further cool ideas being shared :heart: On that topic:

Yes.

Also as I havent seen it mentioned, some hotfixes did go through last night regarding the Horrific Visions. Not quite followers but may help make it easier for you solo healer/tank folks. We have the hotfixes posted up at this link:

4 Likes

I have to say that I do like the Horrific Visions
however I do not like doing the grind to get the currency to play them

Sometimes I will only do one zone other times I just give it a miss shame really as when I do play the Visions solo or in a group I do find them fun

I do like the the idea of having companins and the upgrade system mentiond it sounds a bit like the followers but more interactive
adding to that maybe you can rescue companins from the vision it self

I also have to say if there was a practice mode ( no loot / reward ) I would run that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel the loot is way to low, i completed x2 bonus and main boss with mask active and i got 420 gear :smiley:

It would also make it more fun without having rewards. Then only the challenge would stay :slight_smile: Now it is just be a melee dps and get more high gear and more sockets. I am also M+ playing for the challenge.

1 Like

Do with masks and the Lost areas, and the loot goes up, iirc.

I did x1 8 sanity and x1 x12 sanity loss bonus objectives and then main boss, shoud be more then 420 loot if u got mask on.

i think getting loot with the mask you need to do ALL the bonus objectives, and then put on the masks 1 by 1 to get better loot.

Yea i guess i better stick to full clears no masks atm, gives more stuff.

1 Like

Masks only increase the reward if you full clear. Also if you can full clear you can full clear with mask of the burned bridge for a 450.

If you managed to do a 2 mask clear you’d get a 455. 3 would have gotten you a 460.

I feel like with a mask on the reward should automatically be higher than a full clear even if you don’t full clear with the mask on.

preferably 2 areas + 1 mask + final boss should be 5 ilvls higher than a normal full clear.

The masks impact difficulty severely.

The only mask that severely impacts difficulty is long night. The rest on their own are relatively inconsequential. It’s honestly easier to do less with more masks than a full clear with less masks.

I used that 100% sanity mask but i got burning mask in chest, i guess it’s alot easier to use burning mask :smiley:

Yes. It is. Long night is kinda just to get you your first other mask.

It’s also the last mask you’ll ever attempt to run with. Daredevil can also be kinda hard, especially once you start combining them, but everything compared to long night is very easy.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried other masks, my objective was to do a full clear with the 50% sanity mask first then put on the others, dunno why doing the other masks never crossed my mind :sweat_smile: so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I’ll use the other masks and do full clears with them and see the results!

Here’s my problem with the visions.

Great fun little thing we got. Interesting and enjoyable to do.

However, the limited try we have kills the fun of it. Not just that either. The fact that in order to even have that limited try, we gotta grind boring dailies.

This system would have been A LOT more fun if it had limited loot per week instead of limited tries per week.

1 Like