Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

And i just got belt from assault with ev r3, about time i guess.
Yet instead of playing with gear trying to fit it in, i am now waiting for “adjustments”. Damn this really infuriates me.

To be fair. You really should have seen it coming.

1 Like

Tanks are few, and good tanks are even less.

Yet there is some sort of hate, towards the role.

How dare tanks contribute to damage?
How dare tanks have fun pressing button?
They should just afk there and let dps do everything.

And people wonder why dps que are endless lol

2 Likes

So I guess for now we should hold on to all corrupted gear that we get, don’t cleanse anything, as it may be changed again.

Looking at the differences on Bloodmallet (though i do appreciate that’s based on sims), i can see why some are being reigned in. I do hope the lower ones are going to be picked up some though, just so it doesn’t feel quite so bad for people who get them.

We’ve seen this before, as has been mentioned many times, with the early leggos last expansion. Keep that in mind, i’m sure you guys remember how unhappy we all were with that kind of differential

This actually.

This is the only reason why I run corruption on my gear. The reward has to be greater than the risk, and if balance is too much off now, I am going to agree with people that this really should have been sorted on the PTR. You are playing with a scale very easy to tip with this system. Don’t tip it the wrong way.

In this case I think it would gave been better if you buffed other corruptions, then buffed raid bosses. You might be seriously messing up the raid latter with this, for those who aren’t rushing. Not gonna lie, I am probably one of those who will get halted greatly in comparison to those who went into heroic before us. Not cool. At least that is how it sounds. I am a heroic raider, but we’re clearing normal before we’re starting heroic, and we raid 1 night a week. Not fond of the thought of us going in with a handicap compared to those heroic raiders who skipped normal.

I’ve updated the original post in this thread with:

Update – 5 February 8:40 p.m. CET

Soon today, we’re going to make the following adjustments in a single hotfix:

• Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
    • Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
  • Deadly Momentum’s buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
  • Surging Vitality’s Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
  • Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.

Well…R.I.P.

Some people have spent millions, i in my little world have cleaned some corruption. This is total BS — Blizzard, small indi company

This is not acceptable, messing with the WFR in this way - raiding

Should have made visions more in depth as a mini game (tough like Mage tower) with corruption items to only be use inside them.

Dayum, I feel like someone shot me with a gun on my head :smile_cat:

It was fun killing people without pressing anything.

Tanks being boring to play (and bear certainly is) isn’t solved by a randomly obtained corruption doing massive amounts of passive damage.

Was not talking about corruption in that line, but the general idea of the average player that tanks need to be dummy barely doing damage.

Corruption Effects Adjustments : Nerf all the buffs…buff all the debuffs. Corruption gear = useless. Thanks I guess. :pensive:

OK about time too.

So when do I get the corruption back that I had to cleanse off my gear because the effects kept killing me?

How to fix a broken game, by blizzard:

Introduce an even more broken system so they forget about it.

Might just delete ev from the game. With this so called fix r3 will deal less damage than current r2 for double corruption cost. Funniest part is twilight devastation remains untouched despite being just as strong as ev in m+.

That is cherry on the cake, because i cleansed said corruption from my boots after experiencing not really impresive uptime of the buff.

right numbers can solve many ‘boring to play’ issues

Blizzard math is like reading instagram posts about “models”.

I don’t have any of the top tier corruptions on my char, so I should be happy.
Still this is such a D move by the developers to anyone who has spent a lot of time and resources on improving their characters.

I could understand if there was some tuning to be done after going from PTR to Live. Especially in the week leading up to Mythic release. But a FIFTY percent nerf the week after mythic raid is released, COME ON… No wonder the player base is shrinking every day. People are spending a lot of time to improve their toon, only to see it being destroyed by a hotfix one week after all the tunings should have been finalized.

1 Like

I wish the approach was to buff the majority of the corruption effects to make them a bit more comparable with the stronger ones rather than nerfing down the ones that feel super powerful. Given that the system comes with heavy, gameplay-influencing drawbacks, I think the effects should feel OP to make players feel like they’re getting awesome powers in exchange for the downsides.

I’ve really loved the risk/reward element of corruption so far, but when corruption effects are just boring numerical things that happen in the background it often feels like the drawbacks are an annoyance best opted out of. Echoing Void (the only strong one I’ve gotten so far) feels amazing by comparison. It makes me want to stack more corrupted gear and learn to play around the debuffs rather than just cleansing the effect off. When you can see the buff exploding out of you and tearing through the health bars of AoE packs it’s makes it all feel worthwhile. It’s exciting! And dodging those eyeballs and things from beyond is a fair price to pay for so much power.

I worry that excessive nerfs will neuter that desire to risk higher corruption values. Effects that actively debuff you need to be very strong to feel like they’re worth it, otherwise I’m just gonna sit at a level that barely exceeds my corruption resistance.

By all means tune, but please don’t put a damper on the system by nerfing fun. Try and make all of the corruption effects feel exciting and powerful rather than mediocre. Tempt us to risk chasing those higher corruption values.

2 Likes

Theres a difference between fun & dps with defensives

I like to tank, but the whole dps aspect is pretty meh, if i wanted to dps i’d go dps