Finding a place to call home

Hey peeps, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying Classic as much as I do.

As a semi-veteran Wow Player, I had the chance to see a bit of Wow and even join a rogue-only guild back on WoD.

Of course, rogue has become my beloved one since I started the game early cata. And I never stopped since.

So now, discovering Classic and happy owner of a rogue, I pushed my old GM to join the adventure in Classic. And he does. And he’ll bring some friends!

So we are looking for a good Shelter for the (re-)birth of our little guild. We were considering going on Horde side, because of the obvious PvP advantages the racial offers. (Did someone say “Hardiness”?) and we are looking also for a good challenge so we’d love to check on a Alliance-sided realm.

I am not sure the stats on WoWhead and other sites that appears on search engines’ first pages are actually accurate, and I’ve visited some, there are really interesting one and some…. Really dead one.

So, if you are in this kind of pop’d server, regardless of the side you’re playing, please feed us with details we’d love to pick the perfect one and have some fun with you guys!

Much Love

Mel.

If you’re looking for a real challenge roll alliance on Flamelash.

1 Like

True that i saw the 99% Horde :slightly_smiling_face: Although it’s really fun to go against all odds, I Don’t know if we’d like to risk it :stuck_out_tongue:

Firemaw would probably be a good choice. People look at the faction ratio and think hurr durr 40 / 60, Horde dominated.

Not the case, the Alliance are way more coordinated and tryhard. Yesterday we had an Alliance raid group running around BRM, full buffed with consumables and sappers, for around 6 hours; if not more.

We also have hundreds of Alliance priests suicide dispelling Horde members. If you want to play an a server with an incredibly aggressive Alliance side, Firemaw is a good option. (Be warned though, fairly long queues during primetime)

Hey Miylee thanks for the imput, having a really aggressive opponent sounds actually like a nice challenge!

The long queues are quite a problem though as (my) gaming time (as well as some of my friends) might be a bit shorter now, and as I checked at 1:30am the server was still full. However that’s the proof that it’s very much alive and can definitely be an interesting pick!

I’ll let you know if we get there if you are interested, could be fun!

Cheers <3

Sunday/Monday seems to be the busiest time on Firemaw. Usually between 1-2k queues between 6pm to 9pm. The rest of the week isn’t too bad normally. Maybe about 30 min wait at peak times. It’s pretty hard to get a group lvling though if you want to do low lvl dungeons.

Firemaw does NOT need more horde there’s enough sweaty pvpers already. We also lost a huge amount of alli in p2
It doesn’t need more people in general, really crowded

The server is still very active even at early hours in the morning. However, there’s usually no queue past 10pm server time.

Queue usually starts at around 5:30 server time and stops around 10 server time. However, since we’re due AB next week and ZG next month, I don’t imagine the queues dropping any time soon.

Noggenfogger bro

Of course I don’t know the other realms on a personal level, but I can tell you that Mograine realm is perfect for you.

Couple of months ago, I’d remark that the realm had a Horde surplus. But I’ve noticed a steady influx of players / guild transfers recently. So our Horde / Alliance ratio might be levelling out.

I stumble into a healthy spread of both Horde and Alliance players commonly now.

Got almost mid level alts, and the group and world channel is always fussing for group quests and dungeons within my range. I’m not a morning player, but gather that groups can be running all hours (from what others remark to me).

World feels normal, pvp wise, although I’m not at all into it. A red name might wake me up whilst I’m going through the motions in contested areas.

Pvp bracket is competative, with a friend of mine having just got rank 10, I am aware of the serious time he invested into the effort. Something about 300k was just under the requirement! He was gutted then but now flexing his stabby shoulders and is super chuffed!

We have not got a dominant guild currently, but there are established tags floating under names -I’m always noting a new tag as I go.

AH feels normal, peaking during the evening with posters and fuss. Trade channel is spammed.

All the channels combind, are too much, so I’ve had to have specific tabs up depending on my location and happenings.

Think I can wrap up now, always something being missed but hope I ticked most of the boxes :slightly_smiling_face:

Firemaw is FULL. Stay Away! Especially if you plan to roll disgusting smelly rotten Horde :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Also nobody rolls Horde for the racials, they do so for the lore and looks. Get it right.

2 Likes

Ashbringer is good. Slightly Alliance-dominated and has like 5.5 population. The Horde welcomes you!

Imagine caring about lore in current year lmao.

Surely you jest?

It’s what the average undead/orc says when you call them out for rolling horde for racials. It’s never the racials.

Yeah and Melania married Trump for his personality.

1 Like

Just roll Horde on Judgement …at least you can farm everything easily I guess ? :smiley:

I rolled UD purely for the look and lore. Most players didn’t know about racial advantage at all. And the same people, play Horde in Classic. So the maximum percentage of min-maxers, who rolled Horde only for racials, is the difference between Vanilla and Classic Horde population.
Not all guys like regular Human, ladylike Elves, short and fat Dwarfs, and midgets.

Also nobody rolls Horde for the racials, they do so for the lore and looks. Get it right.

That’s where I tend to disagree, in my opinion, there is a Reason why some Alliance players are complaning about the racials balance.

Let’s take the two admitted major classes for PvP in both sides:

Gnomes can escape a root or an immobilisation on a 2 min cd.
Dwarves can deny bleeds and poisons with a small armor increase on a 4 min cd

Orcs got a flat 20% stun resistance at all time, and a pure damage increase on a 2 min cd.
UD got a resistance to fear and charms on a 2 min cd.

If you are planning on maxing your character, unlike Retail you have to consider racials every good players seems to be telling that.
As the trinket only removes charms polymorphs and fears, and stuns are unavoidable for a rogue, it seems clear that orcs are the best rogues no matter what.

Of course, it’s a tool, give a Maserati to a guy who just got his Driving licence, he won’t win a race. Skill and experience helps a lot. But it’s still silly to say that a guy driving a Fiat Punto actually got a better chance than this guy just because he is a veteran pilot.

Just roll Horde on Judgement …at least you can farm everything easily I guess ? :smiley:

Yeah checked on it people said it was a dead server :smiley: We still need people to play with for content and PvP :stuck_out_tongue:

@Citadel @Ashgan thanks for the headsup, it seems that Mograine like Firemaw got a fierce competition and we surely all like that :smiley: about Ashbringer it’s really temptating, and being welcome is already heartwarming!

@Kork, Noggenfogger is clearly Horde dominated, we would like to fight against the odds a bit, there is no point ganking an underrepresented population until they all leave like it happened on some other places. Building it elsewhere would be a pain.

1 Like

I would not go firemaw or gehennas. Back to queues every day now and more and more people are paying to get off their dead servers and end up on firemaw or gehennas so the queues aren’t gonna get any better.

Earthshaker is on a decent uptick and has an alliance majority but not exceedingly so according to IF pro so maybe try there.

“looking for a challenge” -rolling horde.
Imagine Having an alliance sided pvp server. Consider yourself lucky if you will find an atleast not dead faction on any pvp server.