Malefic Cores And Catching Up With Corruption Resistance

We’re now a couple of weeks from some players reaching Rank 15 on their legendary cloaks, and we’d like to clarify how you’ll further improve your cloak in the weeks after hitting Rank 15.

At Rank 15, players who wish to make use of more and greater Corrupted items will want to imbue themselves with greater Corruption Resistance. This is done at Rank 15 with a Malefic Core, which can be consumed and applied to the cloak, increasing the cloak’s max Corruption Resistance by 3. There are two ways to acquire a Malefic Core:

• Complete all four objective areas and the boss in a Horrific Vision.
  • Defeat N’Zoth the Corruptor in Ny’alotha on Normal (or higher) difficulty.

Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth. However, if your cloak isn’t caught up to the current cap, you can acquire and use up to two Malefic Cores per week by doing both of the activities above.

Beginning with weekly maintenance in each region the week of March 24, players who previously reached Rank 15 will start receiving a Malefic Core from the two feats listed above.

4 Likes

The catch up method here seems very limiting. Players who don’t raid (or who don’t want to continue running visions after they finish their cloak) will be permanently behind, and even doing both activities every week will still make for a very lengthy catch up process within a couple of months’ time.

I feel like it would work a lot better if Malefic Cores could also be obtained from M+, PvP, emissaries, warfronts, or islands in addition to the current sources, and with a higher weekly cap than just two.

BfA is in desperate need of more alt-friendliness to keep it engaging through the remainder of its lifespan, and this system seems like yet another ever-growing hill for fresh alts to climb.

12 Likes

Well they don’t need them anyway

1 Like

sad enough that we have to do boredom visions every week for another 7 month?

there is no way you can catch up anything if you start in 3 month lol
the catch up is barely useful for people who went 1 week on vacation, but only IF they also raid.
why not make it:
clear 4 objectives in vision to get one and if you did that and can use the catch up you get 1 core from afking LFR nzoth.

1 Like

Are you out of your mind? how would they make people spend even more time in this game? they will do everything to make this game a job but it’s a new era where “sadism” takes place in game design, they love to see their playerbase get extremely annoyed by their decisions, at least that’s how it feels to me.

I thought they were on the right track with the changes they made to professions where you can finally earn the needed crafting materials from PvP activities.

it’s seems like nowadays the design philosophy for some (if not most) features of the game is such that they offer you a lasagna, it looks great but each layer tastes really bad in a different way and I’m not even speaking about the unbearable friction, especially when it comes to alts.

1 Like

I guess there will be more changes and perhaps even more catch ups in 3 monts.

Just look one month back, CV caped at 25k, vessels caped at 5, u could get like 3-4 vessel per week if u did everything daily… Now? Totaly different story…

Few weeks ago we could get max 2 pages per run, now u can get 4(i mean, those 6-11rank pages).

Few weeks ago we needed 9 runs to upgrade our cloak from 14 to 15, now requires 4 which is more than half down…

Who knows what will be in 3 months, i personaly think they gona boost this 3CR per week somehow, because this way, we gona get max CR cloak in… july? I hope we are gona prepare for prepatch in such time, but thats just my opinion so…

I haven’t set foot in the current LFR and I most likely won’t - but - why exclude LFR N’Zoth from this?

6 Likes

I guess because that would involve only queuing for the final wing (2 bosses), which is substantially less than clearing the whole raid (which you’ll have to do on Normal and above).

Nope we have a skip quest and can just do the last two bosses on normal / heroic as well ^^

Sure sure. But you still have to progress to that point and actually complete the raid a few times to get the skip, whereas someone who does LFR would never need to see any of the raid except the final 2 bosses.
It seems easier and more straight forward, and I think Blizzard are trying to encourage players to do the raid on a weekly basis, not just queue for the final wing in LFR.

Well, they can fix that by making sure LFR players have to do all of the wings start to finish to get the token but then I guess it would be a lot easier/faster to do that on Normal with pugs. :smiley:

1 Like

Would it not be better to be able to catchup to the cap without further restrictions aside from how many vessels you can make? So, if you don’t play 6 weeks say, you can do 6 full clears and be at cap?

Too simple?

1 Like

This seems needlessly restrictive. People who are behind should get a malefic core for each full vision run, so that they could catch up. Two cores per week aren’t enough, not by a long shot.

Can you please give a reasoning for as to why people who are behind on cloak progression will only be able to obtain two malefic cores per week?

3 Likes

Don’t forget LFR should drop there too.

2 Likes

Fair enough.No jokes well done this time

3 corruption per week. perfect. You have to grind visions for 25 weeks to squeeze in another infinite stars rank 3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

looks like I shall remain behind the curve as usual “sigh”

I dont have any issue with lower corruption ress. The problem is to get your bis corruptions its imposible. Work on this instead pay to win is criminal .

2 Likes

They could even drop it whenever a full run entitles you to a piece of gear. This would be up to 6 (if you can get those vessels) from visions for the 0 to 5 mask tiers plus a 7th from nzoth.

1 Like

Im not an lfr fan in this content, but u should rly put lfr n’zoth as an option here. Its basically on the same lvl as the visions, without the mask… or allow multiple core drop from visions (1 core /vision ) until the current cap.

And the hightest % of players will suffer from this, cos they wont able to enter even normal mode n’zoth, without curve.

Also one more reason to boosters to spam trade chat and premade group finder.