[Story] I died in a quest while leveling!

And for players that like it as it is?
I don’t want to have to group up from some random quest.
Nor do I want to spend half hour dying doing it solo.

I hope this does not happen

4 Likes

Today my alt died to fatigue in Drustvar.

We do not discuss this any further.

13 Likes

This is so sad, that Nagrash lost his hear after reading this…

I was sitting here like… wut :thinking: hear… OH HAIR :rofl:

Scared me bald!

1 Like

These alliance posters, they have no manners, no ethics, post any traumatical accident they have encountered :roll_eyes:

A great man once said;

“Why do we fall, sir? … So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”

These moments can sometimes be frustrating, but they can also make us feel more like we are in a world where challenge means something. :smiley:

15 Likes

During Wrath if you didn’t want to do a group quest with strangers, you either asked your guild, or skipped it until you could come back and solo it.

Those that are comfortable can ask in general chat etc. Obviously it’s a lot easier to group up for current content when everyone is levelling through it, at the start of an expansion. Doing old expansions to level through is harder to find others as there is a huge choice of the levelling routes people choose. That may well change in Shadowlands when we all choose one expansion to do the bulk of our levelling in.

Blizzard have added tools these days to make grouping up a lot easier. Most will group and go their separate ways. It suits a lot of players.

Personally I don’t want to level with anyone on my first walk through of new content. I want to be able to read every quest, savour every moment. You only get that brand spanking new feeling once. I don’t want to have someone talking through that or waiting on me constantly.

Others prefer to have a partner for everything, some prefer to play alone. Just personal preference really.

8 Likes

During Wrath it was so easy to find people to do things with while questing because the game was still growing and servers were packed with people.
Today, it’s not the same. Sometimes you have to wait 20 mins to find someone to do a group quest in nazjatar and i even play on the most populated alliance server. In MoP you could join an LFR wing in 15 mins as dps, today you have to wait over 2 hours as healer.
Trying to go back in times when the game had 4-5 times the activity it has today it’s an utopia.

1 Like

Reference for 12 y.o. audience:

4 Likes

I still remember the first time we tried to take on Arugal during WotLK. We wiped lol, when we came back there was an orc DK that managed to solo him. DK’s were so OP back then :smiley: We got him in the end as well though :wink:

But to my surprise there are still some lowlevel quests around that scale pretty badly. On my Vulpera monk alt, fully decked in heirlooms, i died horribly to Warden Stillwater. Also the Dwarf elite’s in Silverpine forest pack a mean punch :wink:

But as OP said, it’s fun when stuff like this still does happen from time to time!

1 Like

Feign Death my friend, if 5 or 40 mobs come for u try to feign death so your pet would take agro. Easy mode

I don’t struggle to find people for a group objective in Nazjatar, I use the eye next to the quest and join whatever group is listed. However most of us can solo the mobs and don’t need groups for them these days. Sharding can also have some odd effects in zones nowadays. People also have less reason to need Nazjatar these days. It’s busiest on days where it’s the Emissary or when it has Call to Arms up.

I frequently had to go and help people levelling alts during Wrath to do some of the group quests. One of the perks of being server based was that levelling was much quieter second time around as there was no CRZ forcing you in with players from other realms.

How about you get some manners ? I heard there will be discount next black Friday

2 Likes

Manors are expensive, but manners are priceless.

6 Likes

1st try :
That is what i have done after i’ve seen the 1st wave of summon at 75% of Arugal HP, but still if you don’t kill the worgen, the worgen kill your pet fast so you have to cleave fast.
2nd try : 1st wave misdirection, 2nd wave cleave turtle + binding shot and cleave again and then you can finish Arugal fine.

1 Like

Had the same issue with the elites in Hillsbrad

Ended up making strategies such as puling the yeti against the wall of a cave to not be thrown in outer space and kitting the elemental elites in the syndicate ruins to sustain.

That’s good stuff imo, even if it wasn’t intended soloing those elite quests make leveling more interesting

1 Like

It’s pretty telling that dieing during leveling has become so rare, someone could feel the need to make a post about it…
There was a time it was a pretty common occurence.

4 Likes

I’d say those waiting times are exceptions. And I play dps at a little old outback server. LFR 40 min, world bosses 1 min, max 10.

I sincerely hope we will have more challenging quests while lvling, The scaling makes it so very boring.

Why do we fall? Well, to fall asleep ofcourse.

1 Like

So edgy I cut myself just reading it.

Well done.

2 Likes