Deserter debuff need a upgrade

There was a situation recently where I was playing healer in Warsong Gulch. I defended our flag carrier in our base and the rest of the team voted me AFK and removed me from the BG because I am not fighting in the middle with them all.

This got me deserter debuff - for actively trying to play and win!

I also leave certain bgs as soon as they begin, Wintergrasp is a classic example. I refuse to play at times and I still would with a 2 hour debuff, it just locks me from being able to do another BG as soon.

I don’t think the debuff should exist at all whilst it’s easy for players to remove you and give deserter.

The system definently needs to be improved to promote better behaviour and teamwork but I do not feel it revolves around this debuff. If you are keeping players there against their will it’s going to result in Korrak 2.0 - “let them win” Just so players can leave.

I think a potentially stronger system overall is better matchmaking, be that a casual rating system or grouping by ilvl.

I don’t play quote wars. I haven’t got Alzheimers and am well aware of what I’ve typed, so your paragraph by paragraph rebuttal is superfluous.

There is no obligation to stay in a battleground that is being played badly, so I exercise my freedom of choice by choosing to leave and eating the 15 min deserter. Just because I am not playing rated, doesn’t mean I accept some sort of unwritten contract to stay and play with scrubs because I queue random.

As for your threats to report me for posting violations, knock yourself out. I suggest you grow up and get a thicker skin. If you don’t do adulting, don’t engage in adulting activities, such as debates on the Internet. People will disagree with you and question your motives for having the opinions that you do - that’s life. Get over it. There isn’t always a mommy or a moderator to go crying to because someone hurt your fee fees.

1 Like

Buff it to give deserter till daily reset :joy:

i didn’t ask the same idea of me, i said edit your post without " you suck " “git gud” “Learn 2 play” “obtuseness”.

In the Forums Code of Conduct :

Source : https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000256989

No.

Hit that report button. Do you honestly think I give a fiddlers if someone like you whinges to the moderators and I get a ban? Been there, done that, couldn’t care less.

Sucks looking back at your school years and how all those nasty bullies made your life miserable doesn’t it? Get some payback! Feel validated!

#pity

Usually you got time when someone ask in the tchat to ask you to be reported to explain yourself what are you doing and how benefict it is for the group.

It need more than half of the group to be reported.

Time.
Trust me if time is the realk issue, we can speak about time spend on a game.

What is progress ?
It’s like a children that keep try walking but everytime he fall. Untill he finally learn to walk.

Leaving an epic battleground should give a 40 minute deserter, because Epic bgs last way longer than 15 minutes. I see people leave in droves at the start of Epic bgs just because we lose the initial fight.

Edit: Also, people who leave manually should get a longer debuff.

1 Like

This isn’t going to stop people mass reporting you as afk though. You can explain all you like but people only need a split moment to dislike you and then they’ll just do what they want anyway (like reporting you). This happens all the time in all instanced content whether its justified or not.

If you cannot beat an objective regardless of how much you’ve explained to others on how to beat it then the only issue with time is the time you’re wasting by remaining in that scenario. You will not progress further if you cannot achieve the objective, it really is that simple.

How much someone actually plays the game has nothing to do with the argument here.

I mean getting 7 people that got hatred into 1 especially is a pretty strong report.

Usually at the moment you answer message in tchat in battlegrounds, it’s Really Really really hard to get all your team into you.

Maybe on PvE content, but on all my battlegrounds since cataclysm i never saw people being reported for afk while they are defending something.

in time spend with X attempt, when there will be no solution they will try your solution.

About wasting time, you can consider too that when you do something in BFA, when Shadowland will come, don’t you consider all your time done in BFA is “wasted” ?

No because you progressed , you learn, and also you helped other people to learn and people teach you some tips on the game too.
Progress is nothing if you say you have done X level of difficulty if you havent the knowledge how to do it.

It is as same than people boosted : they consider they have made progress because they have done a +15, but in reality when it is asked to do so again they find out the knowledge isn’t aquired and so they didn’t progressed.

All about and progress come from win. And win come from failures.
If you miss the step of failing , you cannot win.
That is progress.

Leaving is to do not admit progress.

Not sure you’re going far enough you know. 1 week ban for first leave, lifetime ban for second, progeny ban for third.

It’s the only way to make sure! :roll_eyes:

i mean people that really need urgency IRL should not be disavantage by the fact they got urgency IRL.

But when people got urgency, it often longuer than 15 mn, it’s more lik 35 mn or more.

I’ll buy you an irony detector for your birthday… and no it won’t find you Roman coins :hushed:

1 Like

Yea i know i got issue finding irony post or something.

Not my fault if i can’t make difference between honest post and irony one :man_shrugging:

You’re still missing the point so I’m going to stop trying to explain to you now.

Your solution poses nothing but negatives onto the player base, its not a viable solution and Blizzard would eventually feel the effects of this if they listened to you (which they won’t).

No because despite the issues that BFA has had I have mostly enjoyed my time in game. Whenever I stop enjoying something I just stop doing it.

No, refer to the answer above this quote.

I play this game for my own enjoyment, not for some sense of progression.

You’re going off on a tangent now.

No thanks I get punished and beaten IRL already.

That is the objective !

Today people got more reason to leave the game than to stay inside it to try to win it.

That what i try to solve here !

No. The issue here is not the leavers but the design of the game that allows a battleground to start when 2 teams are not full.

What’s the point if they leave 2mn after that ?

Same issue will happen.

467 dark iron dk with no arena rating and 0 myth progress believes he can carry.

Cute.

I mean the whole player base and not just those who get the debuff because it will affect more than just those who get it.

That’s a very modern attitude and its not something that will be fixed by your suggestion.

Throwing 45 minute debuffs on them is not going to stop someone leaving, it will however make BG queues longer meaning players will complain about both the debuff and the impact it has on queue times.

Please stop trying then if this is the best you can come up with, its worse than the current system by a long shot. :man_facepalming:

1 Like