Watch out for this type of scam

[W From] [Biizzard]: [Blizzard Entertainment] GM: Our security system detected that you have recently conducted illegal transactions. Please visit: [www.eu]-account.net We require verification that you are the primary account holder, otherwise we will suspend your account.

message i received ingame…pls dont fall for this crap, hopefully we’ll be able to protect ourselves more than this #$#%@! company does…

5 Likes

Blizzard have said for 15years+ “a blizzard employee will never ask for your account information” how have you missed this? It even says so on the bottom of the screen when your in a loading screen…

15 Likes

so im doing a bad thing for coming to post this on forums? wanna prove smth with ur post or?

why the … do u come in here and post this …? dude like …

3 Likes

If someone’s stupid enough to fall for this, he deserves it.

15 Likes

can we get all the elitist … out of here pls? dont post if u’re just being a …

4 Likes

No.

Don’t post if you’re stating obvious thing that even small children understand.

2 Likes

Please keep the discussion civil. Indeed it is important that everyone be aware of this kind of scam. We do try to highlight it. Be sure to reported those whispers for spamming. Those reports help us greatly in getting rid of the scammers quickly

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/000009615

12 Likes

like ure in position to know what ppl understands and what they dont…dude, hf being … like u are, im out

3 Likes

Thanks, have a nice day.

Well you are saying that we need to protect our self because blizzard is not. Wich isnt the truth, they do a good job reminding us all the time to use authentication and never give away account info.

9 Likes

Post like this could help for people not being aware of what OP refers to.

If 10.000 gets a whisper like this, always a few will fall for it.

This thread might be obvious for some, but that does not mean everyone knows it.

Quite frankly, I find this thread more suited for a forum compared to alot of the other QQ we get here.

13 Likes

What did you except? 99% of post/replies either beign toxic, or elitist.

2 Likes

It just seems unlikely to me that the people who do go onto the links are the same people who reads forum posts.

That might be true or might not be true. But then again, the quality on some threads and replies ive seen the past months indicate a few would fall for this. This is not pointed towards your reply tho.

Yeah that is probably tru, but it feels like the whole Nigerian prince wants to give you money email. Doesn’t matter how much you tell granny not to press the link, she always does…

1 Like

Amen. Finally good to have decent conversation here for a change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

People that fall for this I’ll have zero pity to their stupidity. You got loading scenes telling as such that Blizzard NEVER asks for your account info… nevermind common sense.

And then there’s the fact GM PMs have their own blue “Blizz” icon and a separate chat window… :roll_eyes:

Common sense doesn’t make one an “elitist”…

1 Like

I’m just gonna chime in here with my two penneth…

I do understand that those of us who have been playing for a long time will already know of this scam, we’ve seen it countless times and I get that the first reaction to seeing another thread about it can make you #eyeroll a bit.

However, not all players have been playing for a long time, there are new players, there are young players who have not yet seen that loading script, have not yet had to chat with a GM and see that little blue logo in the corner.

In short… the OP should not be being targetted with unnecessary and somewhat caustic remarks simply because he wants to make sure no one falls for a scam.

12 Likes

As long as humans stupid enough to dry there pets i the microwave,
It cant hurt to warn People for this.

1 Like