What is your most favourite boss in Wow?

Hello there Ladies and Gents,

over the years we had a lot of raids and dungeons.
Which boss was the most fun for you?

For me it was the lich King as we progressed him on 25 man HC.
A lot of good memories and hilarious fails, especially with the valkyr dragging people of the platform :laughing:

1 Like

Ragnaros - because he made me love what I love most in this game - raiding.

1 Like

General Drakkisath - but thatā€™s mostly for nostalgic reasons as it was the first end-boss of the very first raid I did.

Other than him, I always liked the High King Maulgar fight in TBC. Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I found the mechanics in that fight to be new and refreshing with a lot of needed class utility.

1 Like

Kilā€™jaeden in Sunwell Plateau. This boss really knows how to make an epic entrance - took me by surprise the first time I was there :smiley:

Thats also why I fell in love with Ragnaros - I had no idea whatā€¦ and then he comes and I was like ā€˜oh he is soooo huuuuugeā€™ I did MC 56 times on single character. Like clock work- every reset. And this was why they gave me my sulfruras too - ā€œbecause she just loves Ragnarosā€ - had been there with random raid-groups long past I needed gear there. I needed nothing, I just wanted to be there. At ragnaros.

This the way he was summoned and appeared was one of the most memorable moments for me.

In other words I understand what you mean!

2 Likes

Though I started in TBC I didnā€™t start raiding till WotLK.

Yoggā€™Saron is one of my most memorable Bosses, simply because of his epic intro when you initiate his fight, and that Ulduar stands as one of the best Raids Iā€™ve experienced. Just loved the whole atmosphere of the place, and olā€™ Yoggi seals it for me.

1 Like

Jaina, because i get to beat her.

but in all seriousness, Argus is by far my most favorite boss <3

1 Like

Gather heroes, sound the drums
The Thunder King comes

I really liked the entire ToT raid with Lei Shen as end boss, he was epic.

Honorable mention goes to Legion Kilā€™jaeden.

4 Likes

Well, I started in the middle of legion, and I think the coolest raid boss for me was Argus, without a doubt, I just loved everything about Antorus, the bosses, how they played out in the encounters, the look of the place, the pug-friendliness of the raid but also a high enough difficullty bar that you still had to be on your toes in heroic. And Argus the unmaker being the final boss and having the coolest weapon 2nd to frostmourne only made that encounter even more great.

2 Likes

Nefarian in BWL.

Simply because my Guild at the time spent so long fighting our way to him. As each week passed we got a little further through BWL, but often got stuck for weeks at a time, wiping on the same boss 3 nights per week.

Every step of the way through that raid was paved with blood and sweat and tears. When we finally reached Nefarians room for the first time it was like we had reached the summit of Mount Everest. Of course he kicked the crap out of us.

When we finally downed him the entire Guild went crazy on teamspeak and nearly burst my ear drums. Without exception every person there felt like they had conquered the world. It was totally epic.

Canā€™t recapture moments like that, but I remember.

So yes, Nefarian.

1 Like

Millhouse Manastorm, just funny and called millhouse

I remember a guild that had this question on their application. I said i donā€™t have any, they pressed me further to think of something, i didnā€™t so they rejected my application because of it.

i really really really really want the red scythe, already got the other one.

I can relate to that very much, itā€™s my second favorite, cause we raced the server first and hit him with 0 lights.
When Iā€™m nostalgic I rewatch our video and listening to the happy screams still makes smile ! XD

Fight mecanic i was drugged in Argus.

I canā€™t love enought his fight mecanics enought :smile:

For lore, no more emblematic than the Famous Vancleef familly :smile:

And for the one i hate the most Shadow-Lord Iskar (beacause he was my first boss in my first raid when i started LFR and i could never killed him beaucause of strat). Never again i want to see that bird and his strat mecanics :cry: !

2 Likes

Awesome memories!

I have a lot of fond memories so itā€™s hard to single out one, but Gurtogg Bloodboil is up there. At the time, I was a resto shaman, the three shaman that we had were truly heroes of our guild :slight_smile: Chain Heal PEW PEW!

More stories!

5 Likes

Blackhand.

He was the only one of the Warlords that got some justice in how he was actualized in-game. I had high hopes for Kargath, but he ended up a loot-pinataā€¦

Loved the voice acting, the mechanics, the room in which you fight Blackhand.

Thatā€™s what she said.

Sorry, I couldnā€™t resist xDD

My favourite is Opera Event, music, looks, fun :slight_smile:

Tortos HC because it was the last time in my life I had a reason/possibility to frost-tank a raid :frowning:

(our strat was, that I just took all the bats and kited them around them room with chilblains)

1 Like

Karazhan the original raid not the new dungeon.

It would be a toss up between Opera (whole guild on Ventrillo asking ā€œwhich one do you think it will be?ā€ and Prince Melchazarā€¦ Chess can go do one.

1 Like