Next Week - Horrific Vision Rewards Always Corrupted

Beginning with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region the week of March 17, all gear rewards from Horrific Visions will be Corrupted.

We’ve heard from many players that Corrupted items were not obtainable enough, limiting their ability to play with the system and its inherent tradeoffs. This change will substantially increase the number of Corrupted items reliably earned each week, allowing players to choose from among a greater selection of Corrupted pieces and enjoy using those that work best in a given situation.

20 Likes

This is huge, great to see, though it should have been this way from the beginning and I still don’t want to see a single aspect of this system find its way into shadowlands under any name.

33 Likes

Good stuff. I might get infinite stars yet then :+1:

1 Like

Great change! I love horrific visions, I hope you guys keep doing this kind of features in the coming expansions.

3 Likes

Soo, now we can get 5 guaranteed corupted items per week on pretty fine ilvl, if we dont count possibility of trinkets or azerite pieces, which is pretty nice imo.

“We’ve heard” lol. More like “we can’t get”
Just like D3 devs, when they got bored farming RoRG.

It is too late.

2 Likes

You are hearing this for what? 2 months now, but duh now you decided its time for change… its just stalling, to have your hamsters on a wheel for as long as possible…

4 Likes

Any chance you can just remove corruption all together instead?

Having gear that wants to kill me is stupid

6 Likes

I see a lot of ppl saying “great change” around here without realising that you will get f***ed by a 440 ilvl full decked in mind flays or infinite stars even if you have mythic gear with low corruption. Pvp will become a pure joke, even more than it is right now. Going from one extreme to the orher is not the answer. This final patch is a joke just like the rest of this expansion…sad…just sad.

6 Likes

No way.

A good hotfix finally? Didn’t expect to see one 'til Shadowlands.

Now nerf some more corruptions and increase drop rate in general. Gushing wound, infinite stars and tentacle are crazy broken in pvp right now - also the avoidance corruption needs to be removed

1 Like

nice a change where the op classes get another buff because they can faceroll 5 masks and the garbage specs without decent def cds get forked again

1 Like

PLS bring back normal loot like in classic,tbc,wotlk,cata,mop,wod,legion.

6 Likes

If you still can’t 5 mask it’s your own fault though.

2 Likes

sure thing
i cannot break the shield on thrall because my dmg is a freaking lottery (enh).
yes my own fault that random mechanics let you autolose lel

Try on some other classes, lets say, ele shaman or shadow priest and see how you easy loot your 5 masks
of course outgearing it doesn’t count.

point is, it is not fair, because e.g. DH can just faceroll through visions with out even losing HP, while others getting just forked.
How is that balanced? This change just tips the balance again into the direction of op classes
easy as that

Point is, it’s still possible with every class. I did it as resto druid too and it gets even easier over the next weeks. If you don’t break Thrall’s shield you don’t die automatically, he only casts it once. The only thing that’s really disgusting as healer is Rexxar. Gear is obviously required for it. You can’t go in with low gear and expect to have an easy time, also you have to play mechanics.

1 Like

What are those garbage specs? You can do 5 mask on literally any class.

I dont wanna lie, but i think i actualy saw a video of enh doing 5masks full clear without using single orb… Im sure its possible with them

orbs are not relevant anyways.
i also finished just now one mask with 100% sanity left and all orbs
i didnt try 5 masks yet but rexxar chunks me already hard with 1 mask even though i dont walk into the traps. so i can only imagine 5 masks.

you can also get glad on any class yet everybody complains about balance, right?
you can raid mythic on every class, yet people complain, right?

What you can and what you cannot doesn’t matter, because if other specs have it indefinitely easier than others, it will give a huge advantage to them.

classes so far I have tried which are not super good in visions:
shadow priest
ele

I can imagine, arcane mage, MM hunter and other specs that where completely neglected over the whole expac have not an easy time either.