Mistweaver hotfix coming

We’ve seen the emergence of a Mistweaver build that does a great amount of healing using Rising Mist, and we’re working on a hotfix to address it.

When we buffed Rising Mist with the intention of making melee Mistweaver a viable playstyle, players discovered that stacking extreme amounts of haste and cooldown reduction can reach a breaking point of infinite duration on your heal-over-time effects. Even though it’s exciting to see people discover new builds and interactions, the sheer power level in this case is likely to have a negative effect on the healing game for the remainder of Battle for Azeroth.

This change is intended to prevent the infinite extension, while allowing Rising Mist to still enable an effective melee playstyle.

Edited 1:00 a.m. CEST April 25

Here is the change we’re working on for the next scheduled weekly maintenance (very early April 29 in this region):

• Rising Mist can now extend a heal-over-time effect by up to 100% of its original duration.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Praise the lord!

2 Likes

a nerf that’s a buff in disguise! Brilliant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What on earth is the logic behind this being the nerf here? The talent at the top end (90th percentile and above) is strong and at 95th percentile and above is quite clearly too strong and in need of reigning in. Every percentile below it is on par with or being outperformed by most other healing specs in terms of throughput.

It requires a very specific gear set that is hard/borderline impossible to obtain (GG RNG corruption or pay to win BOEs), the spec itself is harder to play than the standard MW Upwelling build and now, as a result of this change, it will have substantially less throughput as both a ceiling and sustained values.

So with one nerf, you’ve changed a talent that was OP in the hands of the top 10% of the raiding community and made it completely unviable to them and the other 90%.

On a similar point; nobody wants Mistweavers even with the RM talent as it stands - it’s taken me weeks to find a Mythic raiding guild that would accept mine. All anyone wants is Paladins for immunities because N’Zoth has been designed by a potato and Disc priests for Fortitude and DR cooldowns. So all Monks had to bring was throughput, once they had throughput and still weren’t wanted, you’ve decided to gut the max throughput they can deliver???

It’s not like the ‘effective melee playstyle’ even brings good damage - it still gets outdps’d by Disc Priests and Holy Paladins while they will do just as much if not more healing and provide more utility at the same time.

The right approach would have been a Renewing Mist and/or Enveloping Mist target cap and leaving the time extension as it was, but as usual lets go straight to gutting the talent.

Not even sure why I’m posting, it’s not like this feedback will even be taken into consideration anyway.

37 Likes

gg corruptions bfa worst expansion ever

3 Likes

It took the 3 seasons to slightly balance their all time favorite ultra spoiled druid in M+. Still top pick though.

It took them whole season 3 to balance braindead glimmer in EP yet their favorite raid healers pala+priest are top of the line.

But monk had no place in top of the line healers right? Considering it offers no utility like priest/pala it should remain at max output. Its called high risk high reward.

This company hates monks, thats why i rerolled to priest i press 1 button and im popping 150k easily.

7 Likes

Y’all wanna restore Mistweaver fantasy of being a melee healer instead making us braindead Essence Font bots?

Also stop integrating melee healing into other healers while gutting it from MW. I’m getting sick of this spec being ruined. Legion and BFA have been awful and Shadowlands is looking just as atrocious.

7 Likes

Or maybe just limit Enveloping Mist to 8 targets like you did for Glimmer?

1 Like

Assuming you talk about the times MW had no or little minor essences, only sustaining it required more brain than playing any other healer.
It was never braindead.

After leaving it to dominate an entire raid patch like they did with glimmer.

Okay, where are the nerfs for mw in pvp? cuckoon needs to be way higher CD

7 Likes

I’m talking about the complete disaster that was MW for the entirety of Legion and most of BFA. Upwelling and Essence Font are awful.

Yep, still if you exclude the low output it was a lot better and more fun to play than Rdruid that actually had the output and above all the sustain.

Go whine for nerfs in your arena toxic corner. Even 100 nerfs wont stop you whiners whining over nothing. All healers had their chance to shine in BFA, MW’s chance is now and whiners like you are ruining it.

3 Likes

The issue here is not the build itself but enveloping mist that top the healing meters and needs a tone of haste to keep up with, so why nerf all the the built and ruin the monk and not nerf only enveloping mist and fix it and keep this build up? Blizzard can even remove enveloping for renewed or keep it like glimmer capped. There too many options why ruin the class again?

1 Like

Imagine even hiding in classic low level toon to post your toxicity in the forums. That much of a triggered snowflake.

Its ok, you will get over it when you grow up eventually.

10 Likes

Did someone say monks are having fun? well, we can’t be having that can we.

5 Likes

Oh look some other healing spec besides disc gets nerfed… This is shocking news.

Plz nerf them more monk is still too op in arena.

Great, just when I decided to play a class and was having fun with blizzard decided to kill it.

Now, I’m no monk expert, but so far this seems like a time to delete monk char change.

Yet crap like glimmer has been here for a year.

Jesus, the inconsistency.

5 Likes

It’s happening all around imo, they did the same with auspicious spirits nerf and labeled it as “is scaling out of control” but then they decided to completely ignore BM and fire mage’s ignite “scaling”.

2 Likes