Mistweaver hotfix coming

Thank you for finally introducing a build that actually takes some skill to play, because if you do not have a good rotation, you wont be able to perform godly with this build, and a small mistake can be so punishing you loose all your hots, because you didn’t get enough procs.
But no, you just had to nerf it too the ground making it unusable again.

How many rising mist monks have you had the last 2 years? Non, the spec has been under performing for 2 YEARS!

When you finally buff it, people find a way to abuse it mostly because of the horrible corruption system you added. Instead of making it how it was before, try limit some of the hots maybe, so monks can finally have a viable kickweaving build again.

Once again Rising Mist will become an ignored talent, and you might as well remove it at this point and come up with something new. Or instead of ruining new fun builds you add, try fix some of the 10.000 bugs there are with this whole expansion instead maybe.

Thanks blizzard.

1 Like

Blizzard is a huge company yet they seam totally disconnected with the community. Why can’t they just work with the top people in wow to balance out things.

My guess is that they have built a back end analytic system like google analytics where they balance out things while they stay disconnected to the reality, numbers don’t tell the full story.

All they have to do is PM top MW players and ask them to suggest a nerf to rising mist and then review the answers.

Player base is extremely passionate and more then willing to help.

Remember things like DOTA came out from the blizzard community.

They just make crap changes and now we are stuck with a bad talent in shadowlands because top 5% stacked 8.3 corruption and a Traits.

It always sounds funny, when said by monk.

I am monk myself only because my raid wants 5% debuff, other than this even as tank I’d rather go back into my beloved DKs.

I used to heal as monk, hated changes. I used to dps as monk, hated changes. Overall i liked monks, but I feel the gameplay etc is like it is.

Yours.
Currently raiding brew, but formerly 3-in-one-monk

Please Blizzard make a target Cap to 8 like you did with Glimmer for Holy Paladin, because for one time Monk has a really fun playstile to game with…

Fun detected/ executing nerf.

3 Likes

Im realy sad to see it goes. I was using it with versatility rather then haste and i really enjoyed the talent especially in m+ . Nobody even pick me now as healer anymore in 15+ as monk.

If you removed the rising sun kick cd reduction based on haste instead of gutting the talent again, you would still fix the problem and not ruin the fun playstyle for those without extreme haste corruption gear.

Worst possible solution, capping or haste mod would be better. Talent change just makes it useless again.

1 Like

Imagine high end players paying millions for gear to make this playstyle work, surely they will quit the game.

Time to go back to the degenerated Upwelling playstyle which is super fun and engaging <3… not…

Out of all ways to nerf the talent they picked the dumbest possible way. :smiley:
But I’m not surprised. Mistweaver has been treated like garbage for 2 expansions now. Also, thank god corruptions are gone in Shadowlands…

Blizzard is so out of touch with the Monk playerbase, it’s embarrassing. I don’t mind the nerf, because it’s clearly too overpowered, but nerf it in the right way that respects the desire of the playerbase.

I’m also worried about covenant balancing, how will they be able to balance them if they can’t even balance a few corruption effects?

1 Like

all the monks getting mad is the reason Im an altoholic lol

thanks now i can join groups on my monk without grinding like a madman for ‘‘a build’’

So make a big nerf because ultra rare gear can do op heal… You know how much cost gear for do this build? Around 10 milions.

Fistweaving in draenor and in previus expansions was the best.

But then blizzard went “We dont want healers to be also a dps in ap arty so we are taking fistweavers away. Oh and also we are introducing disco priests who can dela dmg to heal people, swag right?”

4 Likes

Hasn’t this been the standard for years now? Devs make changes based on the what the top end is doing, not the majority.

… and there are people, who genuinely ask why theres need to have an alt of each class/or class of said role. It is not because of can content done or not done as class X or Y, but if it is enjoyable to do content with class Y or X.

Well this kinda kills melee MW monk, but make no mistake, MW is still strong. Still highest throuhput.

Finally! I’d say good riddance. Never used it anyway, never planned to use it, and never wanted to do dps while playing healer.

I mean… this is sad to me. I’ve been MW since 8.0, and it’s been fun, but never AS fun as when Fistweaving was properly back.

So to get slapped down is a bit painful. Sure, Rising Mist is a new phenomenon. We were fine in 8.2, we’re still fine if we ignore RM today, but it feels like we were given a toy to play with, then it was taken away again.

My biggest concern is mana efficiency is going to fall again. It was nice actually having some, RM make me not have to cast things as often - now there will be more casting and more mana use and probably back to being the first person to call for Symbol of Hope or Innervate :frowning:

Maybe Mana Tea could actually… give us some mana?

1 Like

If they don’t listen to this feedback, on this page, what will make them listen to shadowlands feedback? There are a couple if good ideas here that could be way better than what you intend to apply next week. Don’t ruin the chance to regain trust.

1 Like