PSA: Blizzard Authenticator đź”’

Just a reminder to put one on if you haven’t already, you get 4 extra default bag slots and a Core Hound pet if you do :3

It’s totally worth putting it on, as you will kick yourself in hindsight after your account actually gets compromised.

Support Article for Blizzard Authenticator:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24520

7 Likes

Good Idea, I thought for a second “how did this thread get locked” Doh!

6 Likes

It’s been ages since I put it on (had physical one but replaced with smartphone version), the app version is free as well I believe, correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I have an old school physical one which I still use as it was before I owned a smart phone.

The app is good and you can also use SMS protect as well so you get messaged a code to log in.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one who fell for that…

3 Likes

Honestly, I was worried the battery would die, and I’d get locked out of my account forever, however I just tested it and it still works, after 10 years it still works.

4 Likes

I too have the old style physical authenticator with the SC2 design on it. Also have the smartphone app as backup for the eventuality when the physical one finally dies on me

3 Likes

Ey that’s the exact same one I have… With Jim Raynor’s handsome face adorning it.

2 Likes

Blizzard has a way of removing it if you want to switch over, or i guess a ticket will most probably help aswel if your device dies :3

Yup, I fell for it too. :slight_smile:

Great idea for a thread. The amount of players that have returned to the game since the Covid-19 pandemic is huge and as such, the amount of threads on the support forum about hacked accounts have increased too.

I’ve had an authenticator since they first came out in physical form, now on mobile because the battery ran out :slight_smile:

Yes, completely free.

2 Likes

I saw and thought this thread might help a bit :3

Classic click bait :stuck_out_tongue: xD

1 Like

Reminds me off the CS tweet the other day

I had a physical authenticator when they were introduced and only replaced it with a phone authenticator when the physical one stopped working :laughing:

4 Likes

So vulperas get a free authenticator? HORDE BIAS!
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Tbh, I’ll be happy with some kind of microchip in my skull, then I don’t have to worry about it if my phone gets stolen.

…I don’t have normal person priorities, I care about very little of what’s deemed important these days.

1 Like

One can only hope xD

And then you’d be kidnapped to have it forcibly removed. Don’t put it past what criminals would do. :scream:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this!

Authenticators are fantastic and we’d really like to see more people to start using them. The in-game unlocks are great too, but the real reward is peace of mind as you know your account is safe and secure.

Have you added an authenticator to your account? Why, or why not? :).

9 Likes

Not everyone got phones, thats why i never had one.

4 Likes

Man… how do you play Diablo Immortal then :thinking:

4 Likes