Just got an email from blizzard.com

But it had no subject and had no content.

the email it came from had the ‘blizzard.com’ tag.

1 Like

Got the same email around midnight. It was flagged as important.

Hey man, this is important, we’d just like you to know NOTHING! Ahahahah, trollol” seems to be what they implied, imo.

6 Likes

Server Hamster fell out of his wheel and hit the emergency email button. :hamster:

6 Likes

Jup same (well, from noreply@em.blizzard.com), everything seems legit though (headers). Someone pressed a button that was not supposed to be pressed, I bet.

Did you check the actual address of the mail. With most mail services you can right click to show the details.
The initial name you see in a mail can be faked, if you don’t trust it delete it.

1 Like

I did not get such an e-mail!

Be careful, it’s possible to spoof the header. Check link addresses in the e-mail very carefully and don’t click anything. Rather copy the link into the browser than click on it.

You can also drag the e-mail out on your desktop if you use an actual e-mail client such as Evolution, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, or Outlook. You can then right click it and open it with your favourite text editor, including Notepad if that’s your jam, and read the header. Your e-mail server will likely have checked some authentication on the message and attached a bit to the header.

Here’s one thing to look for - this one is from NordVPN. If you don’t see something like this, be careful.
Received-SPF: pass (nordvpn.com: Sender is authorized to use 'support@nordvpn.com' in 'mfrom' identity (mechanism 'include:mail.zendesk.com' matched)) receiver=ispc11.dotserv.com; identity=mailfrom; envelope-from="support@nordvpn.com"; helo=deferred1.pod17.euw1.zdsys.com; client-ip=188.172.137.31 Received: from deferred1.pod17.euw1.zdsys.com (deferred1.pod17.euw1.zdsys.com [188.172.137.31]) by ispc11.dotserv.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id C945C15465EB for <christian@moesgaard.dk>; Fri, 15

Don’t worry, this was an email sent by mistake, It’s not a phishing or spam effort, just a mistake by our systems. it can be ignored :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Was it an important mistake though? :thinking: The little yellow flag says so! I’m keeping it.

8 Likes

ok good to hear @olbynx

1 Like

Hvis jeg var dig, vil jeg slette mailadressen i bunden af den stump header, du har pastet.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing this up - I got one as well and wondered.

… a bit mean though, at first I thought I would be invited to Shadowlands Alpha ;o)

BR

Jeg er totalt ligeglad :slight_smile:

Min e-mail adresse er allerede lækket ud over hele nettet, og det er din også.

I didn’t get anything, so I’ve concluded that Blizzard officially hates me.

2 Likes

Whether it is from Blizzard or not, don’t click email links.

My account was stolen by asian people when I was highschool second year, I am not sure if the cause was an addon or suspicious email, I had to deal with ticket stuff with my broken english but somehow managed to take my account back. Damn you asian, I removed your Kanji alphabet friends one by one when I took the account back :wink:

Maybe your spam filter grabbed it? A completely empty message seems like something that would land there.

I realized this too and excitedly opened my spam and trash inboxes, only to find out that they were empty as well. Actually, my second account didn’t get an email either.

1 Like

Yup. There was an a big red button with “DO NOT PRESS” label on it.
Somebody couldn’t resist… :rofl:

3 Likes

I use hotmail/outlook and if i mouseover the presumed adress, i get the real address in a tooltip, so i made sure it was the correct affix.

How to prove that blizzard have still real ppl in it. Random email to everybody with nothing inside:D

2 Likes

Thanks @Olbynx! I found this post looking an answer to this matter. I also received that e-mail. Case closed then.
Cheers!