Faster Legendary Cloak Upgrades

What makes you think that you can’t get more than the 2 a week?

The first quote sounded that way to me at first, but maybe I misunderstood :slight_smile:

I hope you’re right and it’s just me not being able to read and/or being too much of a pessimist :)) Anyway, thank you for providing a more optimistic perspective! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. The weekly maximum from Visions or N’zoth means the cap of the amount of Malefic Cores you can get, which is 2. If you’re up-to-date with the corruption level you can only get 1 per week, either from N’zoth or a Vision. But if you’re behind then you can get 2 cores per week, one from a Vision and one from N’zoth. You’ll still only be able to get 2 cores per week, either from said content or buying them from MOTHER.

If that is true, then this is a pointless change

Edit: So, I was right!

2 Likes

It is super late to do that, you could have done it for ages.

1 Like

I’ve edited the original post for clarity.

This will be repeatable, up to the current maximum Resistance that the cloak allows.

6 Likes

Thank you, Kaivax!

1 Like

The only thing this does is making me mad.
Why? Because like many others I didn’t bother with the assaults, visions, or emissary quests anymore on my alts because it seemed pointless to try to catch up. Especially because it gets tiresome to do all this content for months so that I don’t feel too far behind by playing with others.

And 2k echoes is extremely expensive when the same recourse you need for extra visions, essences, and corruptions is now required for something new without increasing the amount of echoes you get.

So now I’m mad that I didn’t do these boring activities (don’t get me wrong, they were somehow fun for around the first 2 months I did them on 3 charas, sadly before corruptions were buyable) on every single alt in hope that there someday might be a catch up.

3 Likes

But its unlimited

Bad solution.

Not the “worst possible”, i guess, but still on the bad side. You could have added cores to Emissaries, 8.1 incursions, warmode drop chests, regular dungeons and LFR (hint: nobody is playing this content anymore, Blizzard). You could have made them into BOE drops to buff AH activity. You could have lazily removed the limit of getting just one core per week from full HV clears and allow players to at least farm the echoes they need in tandem. You could have awarded cores for Pet Battles. You could have added a vendor item that grants a level equal to or slightly below the highest cloak level of the account. You could have added table-missions for cores GASP.

But nope. Same currency the stuff requires that you actually level the cloak for. So you are simply asking players to do the exact same thing as before, just longer.

No thumbs up from me for this one, Blizzard.

PS: To those who say getting your second core only from raiding instead of M+/PvP is somehow “biased towards raiders”…i consider myself a player primarilly interested in raiding. I am with the same guild to socially raid together since WOTLK, and even then the new guild was a merger of guilds that had been going together since classic.

BFA is the first expansion we went on hiatus TWICE during an expansion…and the first time ever we went into raid-pause so early into the last tier. Raiding in BFA outright sucks. There is no loot worth talking about at all unless you are raiding mythic - which not a whole lot of people do. My guild does not have the numbers to progress into mythic - so there was exactly ZERO reason to keep raiding HC after our third clear. Never before have we been turned off by a raid after so few clears. There simply is no reason to keep going. Nothing to look out for, nothing to collect. Yes, i am talking about Tier-Sets here. But even a new Heirloom collection like you did back in MoP would have been welcomed. A core for Alts is - in my oppinion - among the worst possible incentives to keep guilds raiding. Ever. Pugging raids with Alts is among the worst possible experiences you can have in WoW.

So…bravo, i guess? Bravo for a totally failed reward/commitment structure.

5 Likes

Better than nothing, but not the best solution. You’re already behind on alts with buying essences for your neck and you have limited amounts of corrupted gear most likely. Originally the corruption vendor was there to give players agency and target the corruptions they wanted, but now I have to make a choice where none of the options actually feels good.

A. Increase cloak resist with echoes and hope for RNG so I get the corruptions I want
B. Buy corruptions I can’t equip because cloak resist is too low.

You could made is as simple as just removing the restrictions that forces people to raid if they want 2 pr week, and let you get both from horrific visions. Or made the cost lower. 2000 is way too much

1 Like

2000 is way too steep, especially because they just keep piling on the purchase cases on the same currency. Alts need the echoes for rank 3 essences, which are 2500 each, corruptions that may cost 4-13k echoes and now 2000 echoes for +3 corruption resistance. How do they constantly keep missing the issue here?
If you start an alt today, you will most likely farm echoes for a week or two to first get all your essences rank 3 , which is a total cost of 10000 echoes (or 7500 if you quest for r3 crucible). Next, you farm echoes for 2-3 weeks until the corruption you want re-appears to wear enough for the base 60 resistance you have at rank 15 cloak. Then, and only then will you again have to farm 1-2 weeks for 3-4 malefic cores that let you wear 1 additional rank worth of corruption.
So, if you started playing an alt last week, you’ll only be caught up with everything reasonable by mid august. Wasn’t that the issue in the first place? Why is there such a heavy inclination towards arbitrary time gating at the end of the expansion even now from the dev team, when they could just loosen it all up a little and actually give people the motivation and a reasonable path to play current content at a step below their mains ?
Their ego always, and i mean ALWAYS keeps them from giving in to the playerbase, only to then backtrack and do so anyway much much later when it no longer matters. This unacceptable trend by blizz needs to change and the playerbase shouldn’t mindlessly accept the spare change because we ARE paying 15$ a month + box price for this god awful game.

3 Likes

Thanks, this is a welcomed change!

Cheers Blizz for that. Still as expected there will be people who are not even happy with this change. Heck Blizz would say that they will mail everyone all cores to have max corruption resistance and somebody will still complain that they have to go to the mailbox and get them. :rofl:

Ok, thats for raiders and its fine, im happy for them.

Now, can you also soft the pre rank 15?
Cut the pages in atleast half, althou imo, in June 2020, it should be 1 page per rank up to rank 15.

What else is there to do at this point?

Make the sockets purchasable with echoes as well. So we don’t have to spam horrific vision for sockets. Getting way to repeatable.

1 Like

Nice that it even happened but I’m unlikely to return to the game after stopping around two months ago just before any quality of life adjustments started happening.

My characters are hundreds of hours of repetitive content behind everyone else and I’ve already done that content to death before any currency started being given out.

There’s so much to do in the game especially for new and returning players and 8.3 content isn’t one of the things these people are wiling to go through more than once to experience the storyline.

Awesome initiative but, 2,000 echoes is way too much.

To give an example, a freshly rank 15 alt is at 50 corruption resistance.

It would take them 20k echoes to reach 80 corruption resistance. I feel like 1k echoes is an more reasonable cost.

3 Likes

It’s already getting cloudy here. I expect a snowstorm incoming soon.

What Hínáta said. The echoes are already used for the rank 3 essences and corruptions, so 2k cost for one Malevich Core upgrade is quite expensive.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a very appreciated change, but I personally don’t think that using one currency for several important things and making the cost of them so expensive is a good idea.

1k echoes per Malefic Core would be far more reasonable.

1 Like