[UPDATED AUG. 18] Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

[UPDATED AUG. 18]  Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

Before you journey to the Shadowlands, you may want to spend your remaining moments in the mortal realms seeking out a few rewards that will no longer be obtainable (or will be more difficult to acquire) in the next expansion.

View Full Article

6 Likes

Finally conformation that the Brutosaur will be removed in the pre-patch.

2 Likes

Yep. The uncertainty of whether the patch or expansion would remove it has been frustrating. Was hoping it would be the latter, but it’s good to know for sure regardless.

Will we still be able to do the horrific visions with wrathion?

3 Likes

So Pre-Patch is in late September or Early October? So that’s when the 5mil mount is gone?

You’re removing ALL of the rank 4 essences? Is this a joke?

3 Likes

It says that drop chance will “significantly decrease” which means that both will likely be under 5% drop chance like all previous raid mounts

When you sail away from Battle for Azeroth, the current guaranteed drop rate for the Glacial Tidestorm and Ny’alotha Allseer mounts will significantly decrease, and the amount of dropped mounts will decrease to one (currently two).

Two questions regarding the Brutosaur:

1. Will we be able to obtain a version without an Auction House at some point? As a long time avid collector and a troll main, I feel a bit salty about missing out on this model (less so the AH functionality), and I hold Blizzard responsible for announcing it so late.
    I never expected a gold sink mount to ever go away, so I spent gold on other mounts prior to the announcement, such as the 500.000 white direhorn and the frog mounts from Nazmir. I also chose to chill early in the expansion when it would have been easier for me to make gold. At that time it felt like a healthy, mature decision to take my time with the Brutosaur, and now I feel unfairly punished for it. Might I suggest reintroducing a plain version for 1 million gold, or a recolor for the 450/500 mount achievement to make up for not announcing this from launch?
  2. Will the starting bid on the BMAH be 5 million gold, or will it start lower like the other mounts? I would assume the former, but I’ve seen a lot of people bringing up the argument and I think it should be cleared out.
3 Likes

Another question: Are we to understand that the Brawler’s Guild mount Bruce and the other rewards will still be obtainable in Shadowlands, or should people make an effort to do get those as well?

If we go by the past seasons, then Bruce will likely be removed as well. Better get it now just in case. It’s super easy with the current gear anyway.

1 Like

Hello there!
Blizzard forgot the PvP mounts it seems, so i’d like to add the gladiator, and the current vicious mount to the list.
Have a nice day

edit: actually found it, never mind

1 Like

ye that really sucks, as many r4 essences are based on RNG from the caches or islands.

I’m ok with removing those that are tied to some sort of player skill such as mythic raid kills, 2400 rating in pvp etc. Not ok with removing rng based ones from reputation, as grinding caches requires 0 skill, just luck.

2 Likes

I got it myself, but I think it should be clarified for other players. Bruce is much easier to get now than most of the other mounts on the list, and it’s pretty unique as well.

Time runs short? My patience runs short!

Give me the date, bro! Tell me how much time I have left to farm gold to get the longboi! Don’t leave me hanging because my Goblin Hang Glider is not good enough!

8 Likes

Yeah, the chances of me getting the Rajani/Uldum accord r4 essences before they go away are super low, and it’s frustrating. But I guess I now understand why they put the bad luck protection in for those essences recently.

Also, since most players don’t use the forums, just imagine the shock when people find out that the longboi is going away kek.

1 Like

Yup remind me more about brutosaur removal…

I’m not a fan of the “fear of missing out” that this game now seems to have…

11 Likes

I thought the Brutosaur gets removed in Shadowlands. :confused:

It’s logical that some rank 4 essences become unobtainable such as ones related to pvp and M+. But… why all of them? The reputation cache ones are ridiculously unlucky and even with diligent grinding since day 1 it’s possible to not have all rank 4 essences purely due to bad luck. This would make the prestigious achievement of obtaining all rank 4’s pure luck. The effort goes into getting the harder ones anyway, such as the Mythic raid ones. Just remove those, have people panic about them. But there’s nothing that makes the rep grind ones any more or less difficult over time, since the only effort you put into those is the time taken to endlessly grind reputation.

Would make a lot more sense if people going after the rank 4’s could target the ones that make sense to remove, rather than make them try to get the rep ones as well which can, depending on luck, be mathematically near-impossible to do in time.

Anyway, that aside… with all due respect, the grammar and overall clarity on the blog post could use some work. I find that a lot of the times, the wording makes no sense, is unclear or can be interpreted in more than one way, and some things are mentioned in two sections. Examples:

• Is the Uncorrupted Voidwing going away with Shadowlands launch or the pre-patch? The blog says the Voidwing goes away with Shadowlands, but that Cutting Edge and Ahead of the Curve (naturally) go away with the pre-patch. The Voidwing is tied to the Ahead of the Curve though, and the pre-patch section mentions the Voidwing going away… so which is it? Pre-patch or launch?
  • “your list of things to do, as all Rank 4 Essences can no longer be earned once Shadowlands strikes.” This is a direct quote. The part after the comma can mean that all rank 4 essences are unobtainable after Shadowlands launch. But it can also mean some of them are still obtainable. Which is it?
  • The first section has this: “whenever you return to eligible regions and instances (e.g. Horrific Visions.” which is unfortunate, because it makes me wonder if there was more, or if it’s just missing a “)”. It’s also a bit misguided to put one of the biggest question marks in a typo’d sidenote - lots of people want to know if Horrific Visions are going away, this seems to point to “no” but it would be nice if it was clearer. Would also like to hear which Vision rewards are going away, if any. I’m still working towards the backpack transmog and this blog left me with more questions than answers on whether or not I’m running out of time.

Thank you for continuing to communicate things, even if it’s one-sided it’s still miles better than the nothing we used to get. Believe me, it’s appreciated, and I hope this is helpful in some way. ^-^

1 Like