Rhan'ka's Escape Plan Toy

Are you for real, Blizz? Seriously?

I have been supporting you through BfA, but you just keep making it harder.

I recently race changed my priest to Night Elf for shadowmeld. A racial that is currently very strong. Not quite BE in legion strong. Not quite bringing alliance on par with horde for mythic+ strong. And yet you “balance” the scales by handing it out to almost everyone as a toy.

When I say almost everyone, I of course mean only horde. Only horde can get this toy, that gives them the best racial of any alliance race in addition to their own racial.

Where was our aoe interrupt toy in Legion? Where is our mass dispel toy now? How about an aoe stun toy for alliance only?

Are you really trying your best to piss us all off and get us to quit? Or are you simply trying to get us all to cave in and go horde?

4 Likes

I honestly think they will nerf this toy pretty quick so it doesn’t work in instances. It seems too strong for a toy.

I mean look how fast the corgi fun was squashed and that gave no advantage.

1 Like

I believe so too. But how does things like this make it through quality control at all?

5 Likes

The game needs more stuff like this, not less.

Yes, it will be nerfed.

Also, I don’t get why you’d race change a priest? Seems pointless. It’s not like you’re at the cutting edge of M+ progression and tactics.

4 Likes

It’s not a Horde-only toy, and has 15 minutes cooldown

1 Like

Yes it is. Sure, you can use it as an Alliance, but that doesn’t negate the fact that you need a high-level Horde character to acquire it. And believe it or not, some people don’t.

3 Likes

The game needs more flavour, but not more favour for the horde. It needs more stuff to reduce the importance of certain speccs (I’m looking at you, Boomkin), but not a toy to hand out the best alliance racial to all horde players.

I may not be at the cutting edge, but advantages are advantages at any level. I am doing keys high enough that advantages and setups matters, although I haven’t done much on this character yet (and most likely won’t be doing much, as I find my prot pally, my prot warrior and my outlaw rogue more fun and to be more in demand).

I primarily race changed because this priest used to be gnome. Can’t stand gnomes.

3 Likes

Well this is clearly an oversight, I don’t see this not getting nerfed in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Gotta be horde to obtain toy. My highest lvl horde character is lvl 70. And even if everyone did have access, it would still be quite the piss on NEs.

So much QQing about a toy anyone can use, and you do NOT need a max level horde. Just choose voldun as first zone and go to the quests in the goldtusk inn area. Then voila, and you can buy it.

Yet noone cried over the similar salyin banner back in mop that too let you drop combat on a long cd. But it got nerfed and restricted, which this surely will be too. Breathe deeply, the sky isnt falling, nelves still have the advantage with short cd shadowmeld.

No M+ in MoP. Not everyone has a 110 horde character.

2 Likes

There were challenge modes.

Stuff like this are what makes the game much more fun.

Nitro boost, Gliders etc made raids a lot more interesting and whacky.

Imo blizz should introduce a lot more of these stuff… with a restriction so it doesn’t go crazy.

I know they stopped goblin gliders in dungeons as they could let players exploit.

1 Like

I agree but clearly something like this is too powerful with having infinite uses with only a small cd.

The thing with nitro boost is that it requires a profession so you’re actually investing something to get it and gliders are a one time use only.

I’d say it’s more clever use of mechanics than exploit, tbh they should’ve fixed the too problematic exploits and kept the clever stuff for people to have fun with and give a new breath into how the game plays.

I agree, it shouldn’t be too powerful but it should have an impact yes, tying them to a profession would however prove problematic as people would simply pick the profession that provides the most benefit.

Imo just adding a big number of these that can provide small benefits, ( glide, nitro boost, stealth, pop a shield, get movespeed for 3 secs, dash, becoming untargetable for 1 sec ) and then you can only get to choose a few of them say 3 would be fun.

They shouldn’t be HUGE cheese mechanics but they should be QoL and fun and interactive way to react wit mechanics, and since they are limited in use and not always there it would be interesting to see how you expend them as the encounter goes on.

Are you kidding?

1 Like

Did you stop reading after that bit? If so, you have the attention span of a 3-year-old.

3 Likes

ah yes, old racials are the reason im not #1 preacher

It will be hotfixed, obviously.
Clearly an oversight and something that slipped below the radar for a while. :yum: