18 years without a charge/leap ability

The thought of just the warrior charge but with wings that fly us to the target or some other holy spin makes me very…excited. Alas we are paladins and the wheelchair is our home forever.

Which other dps spec has a 100% heal on a 3 min cd (lay on hands), spamable 22k noncrit word of glorys and flash heals with enough mana for a full 0-100?

LoH not usable in rated PvP and WoG is heavily nerfed in PvP. Dunno about PvE, but I made this post solely with PvP in mind.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a datamined spell for Legion prepatch that gave paladins an amalgamation of Heroic Leap/Blink? Tirions Might or something like that. Sounded perfect to be honest.

And people pointing out retribution’s utility as an excuse to not give them an additional mobility spell/more streamlined mobility in general are ridiculous. When 2 popular PvP classes can remove your 5 minute cd immunity on demand, your 100% heal(before mortal wounds) isn’t usable, your offhealing is severely nerfed to the point of near uselessness, your biggest offheal is only doable at the expense of damage and your only defensive is a PW:S basically- it’s kind of in need of a review. I used to enjoy the utility aspect of paladins, but at this point we are not even jack of all trades, master of none like we used to be. We’re just a worse version of something you would rather bring to a dungeon or arena comp lmao.

The reason why ret is a wheelchair spec is because of his insane burst with wings in pvp, if you cannot slow/root/snare him your whole team will get deleted one by one.

Im only ilvl 285 in BGs, my WoGs heals for nearly 13k and flashes for 10k so unless the 26 ish ilvl diff increases my heals by over 70% i dont see how those 22k non crits are possible, unless specced into healing hands and being at 10%ish health, increasing the healing by 50% making it a 19.5k heal… once, not spammable, as then the bonus from healing hands deminishes

I have 86.5k health and can cast 4 flashes before im oom, thats not even 50% of my total health, let alone them giving me time to cast 4 in a row uninterupted as you know, nearly everyone but us have better mobility and CC to stop others from doing this.

In DF all paladin speccs have the same ammount of CC in pvp, same goes for mages as all speccs can get dragons breath and blast wave, who do you think got more CC options overall here?

Is the burst we have far above that of rogues, mages, DH, warriors etc? And i mean FAAAAR above? Like not even contested better Burst?

Rogues are the most broken class in the game, but even they need to set up kills, ret just pops wings + seraphim and hits ppl for 50% of their health with divine toll and finishes them with final verdict, thats the problem.

Do you honestly believe that good burst is specific to ret? The numbers speak for themselves - retribution paladins are not favored over anything anymore. Monks, rogues, warriors etc all have relatively equal burst or sustain dps to retribution paladins, but without the downsides. Only slow they have is dispellable, only mobility spell they have doesn’t even break snares or roots or anything, and is on a 45 second cooldown. One, albeit very good, stun of 6 seconds and short cd with right talents - but also dispellable. People keep mentioning rets good numbers as a reason to not give them additional tools, while forgetting or purposefully overlooking other classes equally good numbers as well as additional tools.

ret just feels like the stoppable force and the movable object

1 Like

Dont even think most ret play kyrian atm as ret burst is easy to avoid, most go necro now? Weird that the burst class opt out of more burst for more sustained and survivabillity. You had some sort of what you think is an excuse for rogues but not the rest, also a bit weird.

Edit: “Rogues are broken… yet balanced” is what your excuse about them sounded like.

Edit 2: Noticed there is a trend to add snare removal for classes on a 25 sec CD… For mages its an added talent for their barriers, For DHs its a starter talent vengful retreat. So tools that were specific for Paladins are yet again handed out to others (selfhealing and dmg immunity is what was handed out before) while we are not getting tools that others have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.