182 days ban

Gather the raid together, raid headed to molten core an epic adventure! Exciting times first time doing molten core with paladins at my side! We all know we are going to have a blast together! Its Pre-patch era (you know that extra short period of time before TBC launch) and we all wanna try our new specs out and smash some bosses in this most iconic of raid dungeons.

Alright! Celestie is the main tank (and raid leader with masterlooter) lets do the first boss! quick assignments (jack you tank skull, Kagrid go cross!) Lets go!

Shield slam! Devestate! we got this!
ā€¦
ā€¦
Disconnect
"Your account is suspended 182 days, 11 hours, 59min"

Wait what?

Mail drops in
ā€œYo blizz here you damn botting you! we have stopped you from your criminal acts of botting enough is enough you hear! 6 months ban for you! we got evidenceā€¦ we know what you did!ā€ - Your friend blizzard

ā€¦
And so ended the adventure of Celestie? 150 days /played, Thunderfury in hand, Hand of Rag on the back, and full T3 set. Accused of cheating and botting by daddy blizzard.

Honestly what?

1. I donā€™t know how to bot, i have no interest in doing so.
  2. Who in the right mind would ever use a bot on an original collectors edition account which you play on each day since launch?!

Hope they will revert this ban since i never broke ToS or did botting in wow (or any game for that matter), dont run shady software, the addons i use are from curseforge. in the background i ran Spotify, Discord and windows calculator while raiding.

I hope this is not the end of Celesties adventure in Azeroth, if it is i want to thank you all for being part of my wow classic experience. loved it all, being officer, gm, loot council member, pug hoster, dungeon tank, world pvp (mostly running from Truma and that gnome mage!) and some epic P6 ranking with Snickr, Wooley, Kaut, Slik and all the others.

TL:DR Cel banned six months for botting, did not use a bot

/Celestie Undead Warrior Zalandari Tribe

28 Likes

#freecel :frowning:

5 Likes

Wellā€¦ As a member of the Zandalari Tribe, this is most disconcerting. Should Celestie get Canceled by blizzard like this with no recourse, my only way of protesting is by simple canceling my own account in protest.

4 Likes

He is not a botter, he is a pillar in community of the zandalar tribe server. #freecel

5 Likes

Free my man Cel! A blanket 6 month ban for using an approved addon, console port, is ridiculous. Even worse is the slow response from blizzard, appeals shouldnā€™t take 3+ days during a short once in a lifetime tbc pre-patch.

3 Likes

#freecel sadgesip

4 Likes

Blizzard screwed another thing up i see XD

#freecel

3 Likes

They really send mail like this?

3 Likes

This is ridiculous that you can get baned for 182 days becuse of some major f up on bliz side and it should not take this long for getting in contact with support to fix your mistake bliz.
i play with this man mostly 20/7 and i can ensure you this man dose not deserve this kinda treatment from you blizard whean he is a huge pillar to this server and community.
i see no reason to play this game no more if we lose this huge posetive person.
#freecel

5 Likes

This is actually a crime against players who have done nothing wrong, 182 days of not playing the game for no legitimate reason is absolutely appalling. fix your mistakes blizzardā€¦

#freecel

2 Likes

My two cents.

Celestie, mostly known as Cel is a pillar in the Horde community on Zalandar tribe server.
He is an enabler and what I call a ā€œpeopleā€™s personā€.
The best way to describe him would be: An Aircraft carrier.
With him being that stable platform carrying us: his raiders.

On Zalandar he has built up a Raiding community around Pug raiding. With a stable, friendly crew. He developed an administration system for pug raiding, which is appreciated by other pug groups on our server.
Cel is generally known for being a helpful person.

Celestie helped numerous players with getting gear and preparations for coming raids, by tanking for them, running through dungeons, so they could get their bis items.

Comments from people that come to Celesties pug raids: ā€œCels raids relaxing and funā€.

With that amount of work in which he puts his heart and soul, I find it hard to accept that our beloved company uses that automated response system that just kicks out people without doing any propper research.

I mean itā€™s not only a person you get rid off, you are also damaging the community.
Itā€™s like dragging a mat under feet on people who are standing on it.

I hope you will reconsider this matter and return Cel back to us, so he can continue bringing joy to our community!

Thank you!

/Little Snickr

6 Likes

This is unacceptable!

#freecel

3 Likes

This banwave is an actual disaster, so many false positives that Iā€™m honestly wondering how they arenā€™t ashamed and havenā€™t even posted a public statement yet.

#freecel
āˆ‹ā”ā”o(ļ½€āˆ€Ā“o惔ļ¼‰

3 Likes

Having known cel for quite some time, raiding and being a officer with him I canā€™t ever see him cheating.
This is rediculous and has to be changed!

3 Likes

#freecel
There is no way this is a fair or correct ban with Celestie being such a passionate member of the Zandalar community. We want him back as soon as possible so resort this manner as soon as possible.

Kind regards the entire Zandalar Tribe community!

4 Likes

This is unfair on so many levels, this man is a swede but that doesnā€™t mean you can ban himā€¦
Cel is one of the nicest people i have gotten to know on this server, i consider him a friend and he doesnā€™t deserve this, im not gonna start raging since so many things have gone downhill since the announcement of classic tbc and now its at the point people are getting wrongfully bannedā€¦ FRE THIS MAN #FREECEL

4 Likes

Celestie didnt use any bots. Blizzard you need to get those interns that runs your servers back to making you coffee again or update that ā€œspendidā€ auto-ban software you use.
#blizzonlyindiecompany
#freecel

4 Likes

#freecel or i will write Mr.Blizzard a formal formal complaint with many complicated words and exclamation marks.

3 Likes

I have seen this Cel guy bot numerous times. Especially in Silithus and Azshara when I farmed a bunch of RTVā€™s so definitely a valid ban from blizzard side. I also heard he used a third-party program to do the so called ā€œpoolboostā€, when he was ranking in phase 6 (KekW).

3 Likes

Free the innocent, #Freecel

2 Likes