Which Battle for Azeroth zone has the best music?

A wild poll appears!

I’m interested to see… (hear?)… your views on which open world zone in Battle for Azeroth has the best music.

I know there’s a lot of very epic and memorable music in World of Warcraft as a whole, but for the purposes of this thread (and the poll) please focus only on Battle for Azeroth music. :relaxed:

• Tiragarde Sound
  • Drustvar
  • Stormsong Valley
  • Zuldazar
  • Nazmir
  • Vol’dun
  • Arathi Highlands Warfront
  • Darkshore Warfront

0 voters

4 Likes

Guess i should turn on music.

3 Likes

Me too… :grimacing:

1 Like

Drustvar easily. Best look and feel of any zone in the game currently.

Very gothic and Witcher-esque

6 Likes

Zuldazar. The music really complements the overall feel of the zone, to the point where I don’t even notice that it’s there UNTIL I turn it off, at which point I instantly notice and want it back on ASAP.

In other words, it’s this ambience amplying, non-bombastoc music that was created with the same thought process as the music in WoW’s earlier days, except it’s executed even better than that was in some respects. It never distracts, and yet it always sounds great. More of that please!

Talking form alliance PoV, so I haven’t heard some of the perhaps more bombastic music that’s supposed to complement the huge setpieces in the zone for the Horde.

3 Likes

While I love most if not all the music in World of Warcraft, including Battle for Azeroth wherein Zuldazar has some of my all-time favourite music, it’s a problem for me to actually enable music ingame.

It simply doesn’t flow naturally because zone music has been split into multiple ~1.5 - 2 minute clips divided across the various subzones.
It makes the music shift unnaturally every time you move across the zone rather than play a single theme continually.

While the music has always been one of the best aspects of World of Warcraft and remains so today, I’ve been unable to enjoy it fully since Warlords of Draenor because of the above issue.

I’d frankly rather listen to the official soundtrack from Spotify while I play because it at least flows naturally.

1 Like

Add Icecrown so I can vote for it.

4 Likes

Difficult! :laughing:

Darkshore Warfront on Alliance is just epic. I had to vote for that. I turn my volume up every single time that track hits the epic part.

Stormsong Valley is also really good. The serenity and peacefulness. It’s feel-good music, and it’s what Derek Duke does best.

Zuldazar and Tiragarde Sound are also hard to get around, because I love the Freehold music with the big choir and strong tenors. And likewise with the Zuldazar music, The Might of the Zandalari track is just epic.

1 Like

If you didn’t pick Drustvar you have objectively bad taste :joy:

1 Like

Dazar’Alor is epic :smiley: everytime I flight by and the intro starts I wish to stop my journey there.

I like all of them, but if I have to pick one then it’s Vol’dun. Especially the one that plays inside and around Temple of Sethraliss is great. I also like the one in Ashvane Foundry / Tol Dagor though.

If you didn’t vote for Drustvar, you are wrong.

1 Like

Vol’dun for me, with Drustvar being a close second.

Drustvar, Darkshore close second

1 Like

Me too… I always have discord on for guild banter so…

Kul Tiras’s music is great, especially the music in the mountains. It’s glorious, majestic, and cozy, and truly fits the harmony and beauty of the Kul Tiran homeland.

Voldun. That main theme is magical.

Vol’dun.

Sorry, Drustvar; piano doesn’t work for me in WoW.

1 Like

I don’t play with music on, in fact, I don’t play BFA at all, sry

umm…where is the ‘all of the above’ option?..:slight_smile:
i picked Stormsong because it’s just enchanting, it’s sublime just like Valley of the Four Winds, yet has a sadness it…but then theres the shanties in Boralus that actually make me dance…oh and the Tortollan themes…really, i picked SSV but my real vote is all of the above…:slight_smile: