Which Battle for Azeroth zone has the best music?

I can’t stand the music in Zuldazar anymore lol.

1 Like

I went with Tiragarde Sound, but the Warfront themes are great as well. Hard to choose…

Dunno … Never been there.

Drustvar > Tiragarde > the rest > nazmir

I can’t really choose…

But Darkshore is my favourite. It makes me wanna fight 24/7!

1 Like

For me its defo drustvar>darkshore warfront>Zuldazar

hope this is fixed so you can only vote once?..so tempted with my 50 alts…’;.;’

I think that all tracks in BfA are great in their own way. Personally I like the Arathi Highlands warfront music, the one when you start in the gunship (at least for Horde, not sure if it’s the same for Alliance).

I also like the track which is sometimes played when attacking the other faction in quests etc, which is similar to what Hans Zimmer would do. It sounds like a track from the movie Inception.

I voted for Darkshore … but I like a Trigarde Sound too …
But I think that at 8.2 the best music it’s about to come - Naga ^^ <3

Vol’dun is my favourite. Alliance side maybe Trigarde Sound!

I voted tiragaarde because of boralus, drustvar is a close secound

Stormsong is the best for me, although Zuldazar comes a close second. Specially the music of the Great Seal.

Being a professional composer I love that this poll has popped up!

Personally I enjoy Stormsong Valley the most and in general I find the music in the Kul Tiras zones more inspired. My main so far has been horde though, so it might partly be that Kul Tiras still feel fresh every time I go there for dailies. Will see after going through the content on my alliance main!

A bit off topic, but I’'ll seize the opportunity in a thread about WoW music. I think the music cues comes with intervals that are too short. Having played since Vanilla, it’s interesting that the interval between music cues has become shorter. I’m guessing it’s because there’s a bigger budget to have several cues for each zone rather than just one or two (I think, in vanilla?).

The effect, that I perceive, is that the music gets a bit repetitive. Even though there seems to be several variations on each zone’s music these variations contain so tiny adjustments that they don’t really counter the fact that you get to hear the music so often.

I’m sure the composers and the audio team has tried a lot of different things, and of course these things are always in the end down to personal preference. Up until around before WoD or Legion (and certainly the most in vanilla, where music cues probably were the most rare) I felt the music having a larger emotional and a more positive effect due to it coming at a less frequent rate and consequently, feeling more important. I’m not saying the music back then was necessarily better (the music now is more intricate).

Maybe I should’ve made a separate thread for this though…

Anyway, thanks for making me realise that the aural aspect has a place in the WoW community!

2 Likes

Really close between Drustvar and Zuldazar.

I don’t even play horde, but the music that plays when I’m in the vicinity of that city is awesome.

The unhittable low note on the barrens theme, and the jingly jangly undead Inn music.

Drustvar, i always take the boat and a fp to Waycrest manor just because i want to listen to the music. Even if there’s a summon available!
Track name is Chandlery, 17th minute. If that one is playing i don’t even go to the fp, i just ride my white courser into the dark woods!

DazarAlor music, that splendid composition which makes you feel like you’re in a city of gold and there’s no limits.

Starting track…and on the 11th minute mark.

I actually wanted to make a thread praising the music, seeing how whole of BFA is getting nothing but complaints (some justified, some not) saying that in the music department, the composers really outdone themselves.

Nothing can top Storm Peaks and Grizzly Hills.

When I hear the Zandalar music I just want to play the game.

Drustvar, but just because there’s no dungeon music in this poll. Freehold music is way too good down to the last note

Zuldazar and Dazar’Alor.