An Update on Shadowlands

An Update on Shadowlands

Read an update on the development of and release plans for the next World of Warcraft expansion from executive producer John Hight.

View Full Article

149 Likes

Excellent news for all those who raised concerns \o/

132 Likes

okay my 6 month game time down the toilet.

37 Likes

Bad choice. - People saying ‘This is great!’, do you really, honestly think they’re going to fix the game they’ve been developing for two years in a month? you’re only kidding yourselves. Let people play and improve with feedback.

45 Likes

Good, thank you!

Better late and working than on time and a steaming pile :slight_smile:

…admittedly I now need to go cancel my holiday, but I was only moaning yesterday that it was getting to the point I had to either commit or cancel so… that’s not bad, really.

53 Likes

Good. Rather you take your time and make it the best it can be rather than rush it out early.

64 Likes

Good, there was absolutely no way the game would be finished by the 26th

46 Likes

This was to be expected. And it is the right choice.
The game is far from release-ready, and hopefully the extra time will make it be a bit more polished by listening to the feedback.

So keep at it and make it even better.

41 Likes

Why are there no information about refunds?

I mean what about the people who preordered when they saw a release date?

What about the vacations or the days we booked off work?

52 Likes

One month isn’t going to fix a thing, expect a 2021 release. I wondering if the ‘this is great’ people will still be so supportive then.

23 Likes

Thank you for taking your time. We appreaciate it and can’t wait for the next 2 years of content to be good, not rushed. Thank you for listening to us and making sure you deliver a product up to the standards we expect you to uphold. Best of luck and we’ll be looking forward to pre-patch to see all the new features!!

24 Likes

Takes a lot of courage, Blizz. And as far as i can judge. Good choice. I prefer a game that is done :slight_smile: Fix and tune away :+1:

32 Likes

Torn about this.
I am extremely happy that we have a pre patch date but i am also sooooooo ready to leave bfa behind. Like, i am sick of it. I want to throw up if i look at visions, invasions, legendary cloak, etc.

No, i don’t really want to play other games for a longer period of time. Oh well, i hope the delay isn’t long tho.

8 Likes

Very disappointed in this
Hopefully work will let me cancel my holiday

15 Likes

Ok, i want my money back now. Do you know what Blizz? You are worse than EA. And nothing is worse than EA!

17 Likes

tldr

• prepatch 13 OCTOBER
  • shadowland delayed indefinitely (release before 2021 just as written in the small text no one read during purchase)
  • inexperienced interns cant work as well as well paid, experienced developers/coders
  • the sky is blue

btw im happy you admited this. please work harder and also perhaps shuffle some staff around cough :wink: sl as it seems now from wowhead/youtubers is a MESS. have yet to see a POSITIVE video /post about it ^^

17 Likes

Can I get a refund on my sub then? I just resubbed and it’s a waste of money

32 Likes

Yep. This. Its actually really bad, I can’t cancel my holiday, Blizzard have basically just binned 10 days of my annual leave.

The people who are happy for this news clearly dont have jobs and can just play whenever they want…

26 Likes

its not a waste of money as you can do ANYTHING you want right now, farm mounts transmogs gold etc :wink:
prepatch wont give you ANYTHING that you cant do now except one transmog set and 1 34slot bag

11 Likes

why couldn’t you release this information one day earlier???
just yesterday i requested vacation for the 27. release -.-

11 Likes