Hotfix for Dungeon XP

With a hotfix that is now live, we’ve made the following adjustment:

• Experience granted to players in dungeons is now standardized, and does not change with the size of the player’s party.

This standardized experience value is equal to what the leveling player would have previously earned in a 5-person party.

Going into the pre-patch, dungeon experience was tuned around the expectation of full parties. However, we saw that taplist loopholes in combination with pre-patch changes to dungeon scaling revealed some extreme leveling tactics by fewer than 5 players. We want dungeons to remain lucrative, and to be a valid alternative to questing and other experience sources, rather than to overshadow them.

3 Likes

Dare I say, fun detected?

hides in a corner

12 Likes

Fun has been removed.

2 Likes

“We want”.

5 Likes

Eh, nothing surprising for me, I’m a WW main, we’ve been begging them to fix the bugs with our class for donkeys years now yet the only bugs they fix are the ones that benefited us, like the WDP one from a couple of weeks ago.

They need to get their bloody priorities in order.

3 Likes

??? how will this make the average player experience better?? maybe just ban votekick when last boss left? maybe just ban those exploiters?? i never even knew or encountered this ‘‘bug’’. yet there are thousands of bugs i came across!

I would honestly not go out of my way to power level with a dedicated party like that even if you left it alone.

I think it would had been fine to leave this alone unless it became the go to leveling method for the majority

2 Likes

Blizzard hates fun, it’s confirmed.

1 Like

Glad to see you got your priorities straight. /s

1 Like
  1. People cry about boosters, demanding blizzard does something about them.
  2. Pre-patch hits, boosters abuse the heck out of dungeon leveling.
  3. Blizzard fixes dungeon leveling so boosting through is no longer so much superior to questing (but still on par).
  4. Players cry that their fun was taken.

Wha?

I mean, how many of you leveled through dungeons with a party of two? Because that’s what blizz fixed. They didn’t touch the XP you get when you do it normally via the dungeon finder and a 5-man party. They made a fix to discourage boosting - something these forums are very much against for some odd reason. And then the same people whine about it.

Amazing. :popcorn:

9 Likes

WoW Players in a Nutshell :joy: :rofl:

It’s not like it’s the only hotfix they’ve done since prepatch arrrived.

1 Like

Exploiting bugs is not a feature, no matter how much fun you think it might be.

I somehow doubt all existing issues can all be fixed as easily as the dungeon XP fix. By all means carry on with your outrage.

If you read the post it says that they introduced a new feature which caused loopholes.

Sorry, but I really don’t get that outrage.

Yes, there’s other bugs, but you got to start somewhere. You just don’t know if the other bugs are maybe worked on aswell and the bugfixes just aren’t ready yet.

But with this attitude they could never fix anything unless they fix every bug at once.

They apparently do, or this thread wouldn’t exist.

Up until the pre-patch, that increase in experience gain wasn’t significant. As in, you would’ve gotten more experience if you went with a full party and cleared it in shorter time. With the pre-patch scaling, often times it was faster to clear it with two. And that is a problem, when it also rewards more XP for less work.

See above. The bug was a combination of split XP and pre-patch scaling. In isolation, neither is a problem. Combined? A bug.

Fun =/= exploits.

Repeat with me: fun =/= exploits.

Unless you are booster apologists of course.

Besides, with this new leveling system, there is really no room for complaining about “long time to maxlevel a new character”.

1 Like

tf do you mean fun detected? how has this hotfix ruined your fun?

lmao you people are extra af for no reason other than whine all day

tbh they didn´t need to tell us about this. the stuff that the devs hotfix are things you would see on the dark web.

and then once they let you know what they´ve done, people then go mental as if they knew this was a thing before it was fixed.

unless I´m just not up todate with the latest exploit fun. :thinking: