2 Character *pairings* (spoiler) 🤔

someone post the image please xD
https://i.redd.it/6l24jopmzh951.png

2 Likes

It feels lousy execution unless the book makes it justifiably a fair read. The transgender night warrior also felt like lousy execution to make up for the people being offended by it not being a female elf too #Hottake

10 Likes

This is totally forced and out of nowhere :confused:

3 Likes

Don’t really play enough on Alliance side to know the characters that well but I guess congratulations? :confused: :smile:

Hope Blizzard doesn’t use the book for cheap PC points though and actually show their relationship in-game as well.

Poor Moe never stood a chance :c

1 Like

Moe is gonna be heartbroken :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

i don’t think those characters have any kind of interaction ingame so far.

I do think that Flynn and Shaw are coming out of nowhere. I mean, I thought Shaw was into Valeera and Flynn into Taelia. It’s be cooler to see Anduin and Wrathion.

Alas, for those who say to keep “this” out of videogames, just shut up. “This”, as you so call it, is a normality for many people who should also feel included in a videogame they love. Just like inclusion of black people, white people, etc. should be everywhere.
Also, homophobia is not about cultures, keep that in mind.

6 Likes

Oh then I guess I understand why some people are saying this is coming out of nowhere :sweat_smile:

They can, of course, develop them during the book but given how much story the book has to cover it will hard to write them from strangers to lovers without it feeling rushed or odd.

Guess we will have to wait and see :man_shrugging:

Shaw and Flynn do have interactions though, the whole Zandalari treasure scenario is built around it, and there are some banterous comments being made there.

This said it’s still a bit unexpected, but only because I can see why Shaw would dig Flynn, he’s a charming rogue and very likable, but Flynn liking Shaw? Shaw is about as dry as sawdust. So unless he has a really cracking off screen personality he never shows, I don’t get it.

I’m pleased Shaw didn’t go with Valeera, getting really boring having high/blood elf females being the object of desire repeatedly and having the “unusual occurrence” of an elf human relationship repeated yet again so as to make human elf couplings actually more prominent for major characters than any other kind of relationship.

3 Likes

They seem to be good friends to the very least, especially from what I gather from the campaign to the treasury.

Was it hinting more than that? Who knows? I certainly don’t. I suck at picking up on hints like those.

Any development on Shaw is nice, I like his exchange with Wyrmbane where he questions Shaw whether he has anything to his life other than preparing to the next war.

I think it’s great. I enjoyed the interaction between Shaw and Flynn during the Alliance war campaign and it’s nice to see that get some development. I suspect we’ll mostly see how it leads to a relationship in the upcoming book, but I’d also like to see it in game too.

I guess their going to be all the gossip in Stormwind :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

oh right i totally forgot about that scenario XD

Good for Blizzard being progressive and stuff… Seems Flynn was “always” written bi… :lying_face:

Why do people care so much? It’s not like Tyrande who says “my love” every sentence. It’s in some novel most people would never even bother reading.

2 Likes

Not like I really care about what happens storywise anymore.
You don’t understand even half of it by just playing the game (especially when you only play one faction).
And even then Alliance is just mainly humans+Nelfs every expansion, while all other races are long forgotten.
But it still would be interesting to know how this can be one of the most fan-requested pairings, when through all the different communities, forums and sites this is one of the rarest I’ve seen. Compared to Wrathion+Anduin for example, Shaw+Flynn felt nearly non-existant.

My bets were on blood elf gay couple. I mean, they have been gays from the start

1 Like

SJW everywhere these days

A guy has a crush on a girl so long he turns gay instead, is that the story they trying to pull these days? Why must it feel so forced? Is every good-hearted scoundrel bi according to society these days?
Oh well, I don’t care anymore. I’m even reading a fanfic with Sylvanas and Jaina undead together ^^
(“World of Warcraft: Shadowlands” on ffnet - 100x better than BFA story - which is full of holes and makes no sense - for a Sylvanas loyalist like me, explains quite well the possible reasons WHY Sylvanas did everything she did during War Campaign, before the stories diverge around the second siege of Orgrimmar - that she basically set herself up as a monster to both enable her to save the world from the Old Gods AND to unite the warring factions… while punishing whining hypocrites like Saurfang. I mean, the story is AWESOME so far and doesn’t contradict anything we’ve seen up to a few days before second siege of Orgrimmar (when non-canon things happen by accident that can/will change the story’s future to divert from Blizzard’s story)