2 months to fix the classes

They tuned ret paladin bad in BFA because it was too strong during pre patch. Nah, balancing in pre patch should never happen, because it’s like tuning a class with borrowed powers that are lost in next expansion.

1 Like

Start of Legion was rough until they let us do any damage at all. Was funny when that got tuned, the two rets on our team suddenly got to be on the meters.

Ret is always a rollercoaster, every time we can do damage we get ‘fixed’ :grin:

But at the moment it’s more like core stuff like Talents and abilities…
A lot of rets still hate that CS hits like a wet noodle, for example.

Still hope they revert zeal to the legion version :confused:

It’s not about numbers, more about the gameplay

Correct. Not buying it. No reason

I need to go back and try the talent changes they’ve made. I’m not excited about covenants for Ret at all sadly. I am at a loss what to pick at this stage. It was looking like NF before but that seems to be out now.

1 Like

Let me tell you the future here:

“We didn’t get enough feedback on specific things during beta, so we couldn’t properly balance them”.
Because quite a few things are still buggy on beta, but they won’t tell you that. I genuinely can’t test all the covenants because not all of them work. Same with legendaries. It’s just a joke of a development process.

“We’ll rework class X, spec Y, covenant Z with 9.1”
and it ends up the same as enhancer during BFA, never getting a rework.

“We didn’t have enough time during the testing phase to bring everything to its final form”
Then why not delay the addon release so the raiding period doesn’t fall exactly into the holiday season? Oh right, because they really really want that Q4 report with SL sales. I forgot.

My favorite part was where everybody and their mothers told them that the Azerite gear was bad, when they only implemented ~3 different pieces during beta and then they proceeded to not implement any of the other azerite pieces, so nobody could complain about it. :rofl:

If you didn’t expect this from SL release, you’re in for a bumpy ride.

I recommend to not get attached to a singular class, but be willing to play all of them, at any given point in time. Also level like 5 different classes to max level, so you can easily switch off of the bad ones early, when they inevitably say

“We’re not going to make any balance patches until the next major patch”

I wish everyone the best of luck.

1 Like

We will always have mandatory talents and specs as long as they will stay swapable. Since we all have acess to all out talents and speca at all time you will always be forced into meta. You have no excuses to not play with mandatory loadout becouse all it takes is press of button. And thats something what Blizzard cant fix without entire playerbase going on riot.

Well, even in Classic we had mandatory talents. Imagine, a fire mage in MC!

It’s not an excuse to not have them as close as possible in terms of number performance and have rewarding gameplay for each one.

In other words - if perfect balance is not possible it does not mean that they do not have to try they best to achieve it.

I wish they ‘’ ‘’ fixed’’’ 'rogues, DH, warriors and locks.

2 Likes

To be honest I don’t want to use NF, because I don’t want to waste my GCD on micro managing a buff, this isn’t fun for me personally.
And all the other covenant abilities are really "meh"for ret…

1 Like

Class fixing , hahahaha , this one for the week-ends , They don’t fix classes /specs in an entire expansion .
Company politics is money = Rushed content with some hype and be happy with it . Quality and the power of creation has long abandoned activision .

In free swapable desing you will never ever get out of meta. And trust me Blizzard can balance talents in 100% of each other. Problem isnt balance. Problem is how you balance while preserving uniquenes of talent.

Also if you have talents what are close to each other in term of numbers then you migh also just remove them becouse it doesnt matter what you pick
your results will always be same so choice of talent doesnt matter.

In order to make talents have impact there has to be disbalance but if you can just free swap into best thing anytime you will make most of them ignored and players just stick. with meta.

Point of talents is to give diversity and adaptability - people getting tired play the same way for the entirety of 2 years. That is the point with talent that are close in performance you have so many more “mini-specks” that you can play around. But if talents are mandatory and difference in power between them is miles wide - there is much less diversity and options for different playstyles.

As result people getting burned out much faster.

And another important part of talents is ability to adapt to different scenarios, bosses, affixes enemy team on arena etc. That also requires talents to be comparable in terms of power to each other.

1 Like

What class is broken?

I know WW Monk is pretty buggy in some regards on the beta but they said like 2 days ago they have bug fixes in the work for this week.

There really isn’t a bad spec. Just specs that aren’t shining as much.

stop being ridiculous.

People will have different dislikes to others… otherwise we’d all play the same class. Clearly not every class works “just fine” In everyones eyes… theres a reason everyone has a Favorite and Least favorite class to play.

Nonsense.

how the hell does a DK using a Night fae ability fit the RPG Feel of a Death Knight?.. it doesnt and it never will… stupid making dumb points of “RP” when the choices themselves have Nothing to do with RP Value.

(Aside from the troll your replying to lol… hes been throwing RPG at every conversation on this… with nothing decent to say)

i’d say the downside to your idea would simply be. the Top performing specc would change too erratically throughout the expansion to be realistic.

its annoying when u have to play a Specific Specc for a entire tier due to balancing.

it’d be even More annoying if u have to simultaniously gear 3 Speccs because they cant make a decision on which one they want to be best performing… you will eventually end up at Such a Power creep the entire class will need nerfing into the ground.

you cant consistantly Push Speccs Upwards towards one another and Nerfing them gains grounds for overnerfing or causing ripple effects which Then changes the Meta in the middle of Seasons/Tiers which bring dramatic problems… Espically when ur going to tie in convenants and more.

1 Specc does kinda need to be the top performing for a WHile at a time… it’ll go south so fast if they start sporadically throwing buffs onto Speccs continously trying to equalise these.

you cant keep thjem Close to one another without causing this Risk, of suddenly one specc just leaping over the other, and we do kinda Rely on blizzard to kinda Uphold speccs in a certain way to avoid wasted time.

ALot of people pick classes based on Specific Specc… changing mid tier could litterally retire them of raiding for the season as they lose enjoyment for their class suddenly.

its not feasible to try and continously push for this. and its qujite litterally never existed in WoW :stuck_out_tongue:

really i’d consider the Lastest DPS Numbers to kinda prove Demo is Completely Benched comparitively to its other 2 Speccs

Survival is completely benched compared to its other 2 Speccs.

and more.

Bad Speccs… are generally referred to as Speccs that Simply get made redundent due to other choices.

while i disagree with the idea of continously pushing for Equalised DPS Between Speccs due to multitiudes of problems that would happen.

I can agree here.

the fact blizzard uphold one specc for a ENTIRITY of a Expansion is beyond ridiculous. this meta of ours is 4 years old. and blizzard arent really doing anything to change that i nthe last 4 years

SL shows some hope othjer choices may become viable which is nice… but 4 Years to see Some “hope” on this matter… blizzard do need to spice things up alittle more regularly.

Numbers are numbers, they can change in the course of a day.
I am talking fundamentally mechanically broken to the point where 2 months to “fix” them is a concern.

For example Shadow Priest and Feral were under that category until recently, now they’re fixed, regardless of the numbers.

Ah then i think the only one i’ve found which im litteraly like I dont understand why?

Would be Survival hunter xD litterally broken Specc thats only half Rectified by a Talent tree.

Good example :point_up_2:

Ele playstyle wise. Now they’re reverting the Fulmination thing because they didn’t manage to make it work.

WW Monk, Feral Druid and Enha are fine, playstyle wise, but underperform every other spec heavily.

If one spec underperforms others, by a lot, and doesn’t have any advantage to take it over other classes / specs, it’s bad, as in it is worse than others.

Is it impossible to clear every content on every level, as every class / spec? No it’s not. But you’re making it harder on yourself and others by playing these classes / specs.

And honestly, if my choice in class / spec makes it harder on my raid to clear a content, it’s not really that feasible to play that class, at least not for me, personally.

Of course, if you’re not going for worldranks and rather just CE, just go for whatever, it’ll be fine.