Leveling via Dungeons in Shadowlands

We’d like to note a difference between the Shadowlands Beta and the live game that you’re going to experience later today.

On your first character to explore the Shadowlands, you will not be able to queue for a Shadowlands dungeon if you haven’t yet restored access to that dungeon’s zone via the main quest campaign for that zone.

For example, while Necrotic Wake will be available the moment you depart Oribos (when you first reach the Shadowlands), you’ll have to complete the Bastion campaign and reopen the way to Maldraxxus before you can queue for the Plaguefall dungeon. You’ll then later unlock Mists of Tirna Scithe and Halls of Atonement as you complete their associated campaigns.

On subsequent characters, all dungeons can be made immediately available to you via the Threads of Fate system.

18 Likes

That is a HORRIBLE idea.
The questing really is not good enough for you to force people into doing it.

9 Likes

Great idea

14 Likes

I disagree. This is a good idea. You must find the dungeon before you can go into it - it is logical and immersive.

However, I will agree that WoW’s questing needs a completely new structure. Legion’s and BfA’s weren’t it, and this also isn’t it. I posted about it in the beta forums.

We’ll see if people like and it’s just me very soon.

9 Likes

the lag cannot allow you to find the dungeon via questline

this is highly illogical and stupid decision

2 Likes

Good move, makes sense. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Its not different then legionsmethod of unlocking dungeans o.O

2 Likes

The lag is one of the problems with this questing structure, but that doesn’t mean their dungeon idea here is bad. It means the questing structure itself is bad, which is what I said.

Anyway, I am fine with this decision.

#hype

Why do you do this 3 hours before launch instead of 1 week ago or something?

3 Likes

Everyone is already sent to same place and zone order, not letting people escape by only using dungeons is going to send all those people into the zones also.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of this, after the nightmare of WOD launch.

I managed to do a bit of dungeon levelling while the whole world had pretty much crashed.

I was hoping I would have the same backup plan tonight

2 Likes

Yes, and they all shall feed the hungering [lag] Maw.

This is a great idea!
It make perfect sense seeing as we have to do the questing anyhow seeing as only that way we can unlock the Covenants in the first place. So being able to just do all dungeons immediately would end up with people whining that they are “forced” into doing questing at level 60 eventhough they already are at max level.

3 Likes

This is awesome news!.

It shows that Blizz cares for the quests they made, as they want everyone to experience them!, and it makes sense! that we unlock them like this!.

Good Change Blizz :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

This is pretty poggers to be honest, questing is great!

5 Likes

Questing is great and fun. However if 40 players attack one mob then it is gonna be hell. I think we will see.

3 Likes

I like how do you forced pepole who prefere to do dungeons to be forced do the questing.
If you like to quest, you should do to the quests
if you want to level through dungeons, then you shouldnt be forced to do questing

4 Likes

forcing people to do anything they dont wish to do is a bad idea, one of the best aspects of wow is people can level and progress how they wish…robbing them of that freedom of choice is nothing but a step backwards…also as others have said its gonna force even more players into the quest hubs this eve…I smell a server crashing bomb of a launch lol

btw I will be questing as I prefer that, but those who dont shouldnt be forced to

2 Likes

Question. So does this mean that if I do not pick Threads of Fate on an alternate character, I have to go through unlocking all Dungeons once more?

This whole use of the word “forcing” is getting kinda rediculous.

3 Likes