22(!) days and 22 hours wait time for tickets?

Made a ticket for a small issue, and at first I read 22 h, was not super impressed but when checking again after work, I noticed it still said 22, and this time I actually read it and it’s DAYS, not hours.

Really? 22 DAYS waiting time?

It’s not a countdown. It’s the average wait time for a ticket to be answered if it was raised now.

Most have found their tickets answered much quicker. If your issue is not of a personal matter, perhaps we can help here?

Thank you Shammoz, unfortunately its a buy back topic that I could not solve using the item restoration feature.

If it’s not in the restoration list, I don’t think a GM can help as they see the same as you.

Some items just can’t be restored. I suggest you read this and see if your item can be restored or not.

Also you can’t restore items sold/deleted in your current playing session (if it was still ongoing as you tried to restore). In this case you need to try and retore after logging off.

Lastly:

Items that you cannot restore yourself are permanently lost. Customer Support doesn’t restore World of Warcraft items.

I bought the wrong item for a currency.

Hello Athyma,

Most items that you purchase in game for currency will have a 2 hour refund timer, which is intended to help with mistakes. While the timer is active, you can sell the item back to any vendor for a full refund.

Some items however, will not have a refund timer as they are intended to be non-refundable. You can find more details regarding this and our stance on refunds in the following article :

Wouldn’t be too surprised Athyma, the current iteration of Blizzard does not know or understand what customer service actually is.

99% of all tickets raised boil down to “cant do anything, thanks for wasting your time opening a ticket, redo the content again, cause reasons.”

Its especially obvious when you get the looping support pages that don’t actually address an issue and just send you in circles with no way to even phone someone and ask what they are playing at.

2 Likes

@Xorthonus you say that most provide a 2 hour refund timer, I made a mistake by purchasing a conquest sword instead of a dagger realised my mistake as soon as I bought it and I could only sell back for gold, pretty crazy to think this is the case there always used to be a timer! The sword / dagger icons obviously caught me out :frowning:

The repeated misuse of this feature was what led to the removal of the phone option too, years ago. It got eventually changed to the Callback option instead after they examined they can help with the problem at hand.

Which you already know from this thread:

1 Like

The thing is that the “caveat emptor” system is in place for some items. At least next time you will be careful. I always double check I have the right item before buying it. Imagine long ago when Blizzard never refunded you at all.

You can’t go around expecting Blizzard to correct all your mistakes, and every else’s too, that will take up far more of their time and as the OP says, increasing the ticket time.

Speaking of that, think of it as “up to” then the time.

That’s a pretty pathetic excuse. We all know how buggy and non finished recent xpacs have been, this has lead to bugs when going to get a legitimate quest reward.

I actually played just after beta when the game first released. The customer service at that point was top notch, open a ticket, get a GM to help and fixed in a few hours at most.

All of this in game, none of it via a web based loop telling you to go away or actually having to pick up a telephone.

Now we face days worth of wait time for any ticket and even when it is a problem from blizzard end and nothing to do with the paying customer, they just blanket reply with “tough, go do the content again”.

That’s not support, that’s lazy cba doing anything response.

And how many people played then compared to now?

Well, that’s what you get if you try to do something they are not supposed to do.

There are things they have been told they can’t help with. They would never use that way of explaining that they can’t help.

Be a fanboi all you like, I’m pointing out the current joke that is customer support. If you feel there are only a few thousand customers left, then by all means make it clear you are shutting the game down for good.

Fact is they still make millions from this game. They wouldn’t still be doing it if there was no profit.

Now your being a muppet. Support is supposed to be able to correct issues, otherwise why have support in the first place?

If support is just there to tell you to go away when its a issue from their end, not ours, its not support anymore, its a time wasting ticket system.

I never said they would, you can flowery language up any response you like, if it still equates to, “no were not helping you fix a issue the company we get paid by created”, its still the same thing.

They are not there to fix every little problem people have or undo every wrong item chosen, and contrary to popular belief, the customer is not always right.

If someone disagrees with you they are a fanboi? The argument made by someone from a weak position.

If the issue is made by the player doing something wrong and expecting the Support to fix it every time then you are wrong.

Customer Service is … What exactly? Supporting the customer so they can use the product as it was intended to work, if not then contact them to resolve the issue. Well, pretty much.

The self-service tools are also part of the customer service, you know that right? They work wonders. Restore an item? Np. Character stuck in a DC-loop? Np. Loot got ninjad? We now offer personal loot to prevent that from happening. Problems which used to take hours or days to fix you can now fix yourself in a matter of minutes. Don’t forget what we gained, when complaining about … I honestly do not know what exactly.

They cannot undo every mistake we make, simple. And because some seem to not understand what tickets are for, the average wait time is now sky high. Hurray.

If you think the current iteration of support is good, then sorry but you have no clue what customer service is and you are a fanboy for defending the joke that is the current system.

Wrong item chosen I do understand.

In game bugs that refuse to reward your time investment and where you have to redo the quest and spend yet another amount of time to completely redo the exact same thing, that’s on blizzard, not me to fix.

Btw never said the customer is always right, stop projecting your pathetic soap box / white knight complex on things you have no clue about.

Again stop projecting your interpretation of events here. Grow up.

Except even when contacting in this context they pretty much tell you to go away.

Never said there was anything wrong with item restore.

However its of zero use when its in game quests that are broke and they cba doing anything to resolve other than telling you to repeat the quest.

And personal loot is part of the bigger issue with the game, I can count on one hand the number of loot ninjas I have seen since starting the game back when it first came out.

Not being given the option to trade loot I don’t need at all just because its 1ilvl higher than a old bit of gear, is really very aggravating.

If stuff is broken, report it as a bug ingame. The people who fix bugs are the development team after QA can reproduce it. They are nothing to do with the GMs who can fix some things, but not mending broken quests or anything else that involves the development of the game so that’s the only thing they can suggest.