Live Developer Q&A Thursday, January 24 - Submit Your Questions

Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Thursday, January 24, at 20:00 CET (19:00 GMT), as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your Tides of Vengeance part 2 questions.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Thursday!

1 Like

Are further server mergers still a thing that is planned for the near future?

They were mentioned Blizzcon 2017, and in a Q&A, but we’ve not seen or heard from them since. An update would be wonderful.

15 Likes

Any specifics for the release timeframe of Kul Tirans and Zandalari?

1 Like

Once BfA PvP Season 1 ends, will the armor sets and weapons be available as transmog ensembles for Marks of Honor, like in previous seasons?

3 Likes

Will the item level of timewalking rewards (both drop and vendor-sold) rise as the other sources?

1 Like

Could you give us a little insight to how neutral groups like the Silver Hand are effected by the current state of the world?

2 Likes

Do you guys think its time to revamp the progression system (talents,traits) and introduce something new or are you happy with the current one?

8 Likes

The recent Island changes made gameplay better but doubloon drop rate suffered and the ability to target loot is gone completely. Can we expect changes to improve IEs in that regard?

5 Likes

Loot catchup mechanisms (e.g. warfronts etc.) for a lot of players have become the only way to gear up their characters as they offer gear on par with the current season normal/heroic raid rewards. This causes all players to have comperably the same rewards despite their personal achievements and invalidates core gearing system via progression. Do you perceive this as an issue and what are your plans to change that?

15 Likes

What do you consider the biggest design challenges WoW is facing in the long term, from a development point of view?

3 Likes

When will this expansion end so we can put this one behind us and move onto a better one?

12 Likes

Are there any plans to address tank imbalance? The disparity between the top and bottom tier tanks is substantial which leaves players feeling like they are holding back their raid/mythic+ team by choosing what they enjoy rather than what is performing best. (Guardian Druid and Vengeance being the outliers compared with Brewmaster and Blood DK at the top).

5 Likes

How do you sleep Ion?

7 Likes

Will you remove the language barrier between the factions?
(Considering that some races already can speak cross-faction,thus “breaking the rules”)

4 Likes

whats the point of the mission table at the great seal when i cant recruit and collect troops there?

is it intentional that even if im currently playing the game the fastest way for me to send missions and get troops across my account is to close the game and get out my phone? even if all my alts are parked at the boat.

1 Like

What features do you think roleplayers want?

3 Likes

How will Tides reward (Mounts/titles/pets/gear/time limited achievements) a player who goes 7/9 Mythic in the tier compared to one who sinks the hours into grinding warfronts, Islands, quests etc?

1 Like

why does a new account which includes a 110 boost, an a month of game time cost £45, while buying a boost alone costs £49?

ignoring debates over the cost of services in general, why are you adding in additional pain points for players wanting to use a boost within their account?

4 Likes

When is the revamped auction house coming out?

7 Likes