Raid Loot Droprates Tuning -- 17 February

With scheduled weekly maintenance (17 February in this region), we intend to make tuning adjustments to increase the amount of loot rewarded in Castle Nathria, and to improve the ratios of certain types of drops.

Raid

• Castle Nathria
    • Bosses now drop 33% more loot than before, in all difficulties.
    • Weapons tokens now drop more often than before, in all difficulties.

10-player raids should now see 2 gear items, and 20-player raids should now see 4 gear items from each boss. These adjustments will not affect other loot that drops in Castle Nathria (such as Legendary Memories or Conduits), nor will there be any impact to drops from raid encounters outside Castle Nathria.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

39 Likes

PVE tears finally reached blizzord? :smiley:

9 Likes

Good step in the right direction, this is better than the proposed M+ loot “fix.”

M+ should have just had its loot drop rate increased. Not that clunky mess you’ve proposed in 9.0.5.

13 Likes

now just revert the affliction nerf and we gucci

10 Likes

Good change but at this point i’m so burnt out of these “we took it away for no reason, there you go, we give it back” changes that i can’t really appreciate it. Listening during beta would solve these problems instead of thinking that it will be different when players try it on live servers.

42 Likes

13 Likes

Damn, only took 2 months to backpeddle on this bad decision.

28 Likes

I guess the number of topics “I quit” was too high. What’s more interesting is the devs approach towards doing the numbers.

it’s not one more item, but +33% more

like if it was hard math to say now they drop 3 instead of 2

this just confirms my theory there is social behavior/marketing/economist behind the number tuning and not the gameplay developer.

24 Likes

Took long enough.

I doubt you would have the sub number if Europe wasn’t in lockdown still.

12 Likes

Little to late im burned out, good luck re igniting my flame im probably deleting account soon, i don’t even think buffing demo warlock will do.

10 Likes

Its too late anyways. Outdoor content did not receive a singe update so far.

11 Likes

Only took you all the beta feedback on this + forums + massive sub drop to revert a change to what it should always have been.

13 Likes

19 Likes

Maybe fix your entire gearing philosophie while you’re at it because it’s outright sh*t. PvP is full with boosters, gearing is treated like a freaking esports, timegates over timegates, barely any catch up mechanics and making an alt is a complete miserable experience. Your lead dev said that this xpac is supposed to be alt friendly, guess I shouldn’t be surprised that he straight up lied (again).

You guys literally make your product garbage on purpose just to sell us a solution when the engagements drop because everybody is done with your game.

23 Likes

Much needed change better late than never, even tho tier is over. Loot systems feels disgusting when im currently on 24 mythic bosses kill and looted 0 by myself from mythic.

6 Likes

I welcome the change, but at this point, I just honestly don’t know if it will make my game expeirence more fun or just anothe carrot to chase since the “valor” is just absolute sh*t for M+. Will this force more players to raiding? I am not sure, but this will not take me to heroic raiding and I just won’t touch mythic as someone at this age. Will this 1 more loot from raid change the dynamic of the “meh” feeling about SL so far? I honestly don’t know

The past 2 months since level 60, all these systems with super unrewarding gameplay across all contents really burned me out for now. Thinking I have to do this every season/tier, not really my cup of tea

7 Likes

Late as usual but it’s a welcomed “change”
Don’t fiddle with loot drops anymore please

+33% of 1 item is still 1 item. :^)

Jokes aside, took you way too long but a welcomed change.
Thanks for doing it on the 17th and not making us wait until 9.0.5

3 Likes

now revert the m+ loot changes so it’s 3 again for finishing.

12 Likes

everyone should be full geared already?