Raid Loot Droprates Tuning -- 17 February

Indeed a step forward, but now I’m waiting on those juicy comments made by certain players that think this was a mistake.

I welcome this change as this is a good incentive and rewarding towards the casual and hardcore player.

…Now… Remove Transmog restrictions :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah because i loved raiding for Anima this week!

10 bosses for one loot that got disenchanted, mmmm i love shards!

4 Likes

It’s like I give you something, then take it away, and when you threaten to leave, I create a comeback show but give you back only 50% what I’ve took before.

It’s becoming so “carrot on a stick” obvious that I rarely find a motivation to gear up another character any more.

the “small indie company” meme starts making sense more and more because the version changes and balance seems to be tied to different factors than rising from the gameplay itself, on top of the playerbase being detached in some vacuum, because streamers now have say in the gameplay decisions.

I need to watch the credits and pay attention to teams because outside of the art team, it seems that only 3 people doing all other tuning and it’s usually 2 siding against 1 in final decision. That’s why some classes are so obviously overpowered while others are forgotten. It really makes sense. There is no time for 3 people to do all other stuff like all the announced customization options etc, on top of having next patch in pipeline.

I think people owe Blizzard an apology. From now there should be never used “small indie studio” as any form of sarcasm or humour. Because, simply, it’s the truth.

14 Likes

Actually it’s better to get your BIS gear and upgrade it if you’re unlucky with the vault, i mean wtf I’m i gonna do with all the 210 gear when i have 213 from HC!?

Increase M+ drops too and make Valor got to 226ilvl and we fine Ion.

8 Likes

The drops from m+ is absolutely horrendous. You get better gear than what drops at +15, from the vault at +6.

3 Likes

grab the stygia capsules on the bottom of vault page. Maybe they were supposed to be the valor currency for upgrade gear if you’re super unlucky on rng, but maybe the upgrade system did not have enough space or support to get into already delayed 2020 release.

Just a pure speculation, though. Having more info of how it was really intended would be nice to have. I don’t understand at what condition people will choose 500 stygia for “that one big weekly chest everybody is hyped about” when you can get around 1000 (or more) stygia within one single maw run PER DAY.

I do not want to say nor see things in good or bad. it’s just not clear of what was the purpose of some decisions

*edit: paragraph

Nice… kinda late for my guild though, too many players quit the game and others left due to how wonderfully captivating this expac is. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Kinda dont understand why they make this change asap ( with next reset) but change to m+ loot will come in 1-2 months… Like, hello? Arent we paying the same price?

5 Likes

Nice.
Now do the same for M+, and make valor possible to use on old gear (like corruption got fixed after the outcry).

I also suggest upping anima drops even further than previously mentioned.
25k for entire cosmetic set while we get less than 300 for 1 boss is kinda… asking us to grind … a lot.
Turning it into a chore or work rather than fun game progress.

1 Like

I like what they have done with 9.0.5 I can FIANLY work for something even when I don’t get anything. I know I can still upgrade my piece. Still sad that there is no vendor. But I get why.

I’d argue that raid loot was in a worse place then m+ loot.

M+ is and always will be spammable, while raids are entirely locked. Which ment going 3 weeks without a single drop in CN is pretty awful and I know people that have had that.

Also this change is far easier to push in then ours, that’s just a flat buff ours is a brand new system.

I think Valor system needs abit more tweaking to be perfect but it doesn’t seem that bad so far

This is how design work.

Every GDD has a user case, a framework analysis, TA analysis and more research.

how about randomizing the complete loot in nathria over all bosses in nathria, so the first boss would have a chance to drop an item from the last boss and and vice versa. currently some players just leave the raid, after a boss did not dropped the item what they want…

or keep the lootdroprate in nathria as it is, but randomize the loot and increase the weekly bosslimit to 2, so that more raiding is going.

Ugh no, what is this suggestion?

Agree that m+ has it better when it comes to ID and it bein spamable. But once u hit certain level 99% of gear is useles for you, which will change with 9.0.5 since u can push your m+ gear up to 220, making it soooo much more worth to run and spam m+. Just like it will be much more worth to raid now.

And i know that valor system is more difficult to implement than increase drops by X.
But what i dont understand is, why they dont release it together. They need time till 9.0.5 to balance valor and make it work? Okej be it, but push raid loot to 0.5 too.

9.0.5 will come in like ~2 months ( lets be optimistic and say one month) valors will have weekly cap, and by the time they release it, raiders will be full geared because their “buff” is instant. So the gap will be even bigger .

Now i understand that all contents cant be balanced when it comes gearing but this feels like a slap…

" yoo raiders i heard u arent happy with loot here is buff"

"hey m+ players, heard u arent happy with loot and how often loot is useles even if it drops because its ilvl so how about u spend another 2 months playing and after those two months u can upgrade your gear? But only gear that droped prior to those two months so we keep it interesting heh "…

Aprecciated. I would love if you guys didnt take so long for every little change. But I guess its better than nothing.

Absolutely not!!! What a ridiculous suggestion.

1 Like

Gg loot is no longer meaningful.

Mythic Raid gear has meaning, Elite PvP gear has meaning… this “loot has no meaning” phrase is so God damn obnoxious.

Loot in dungeons give 1 gear per 5, so why should raids get less per boss per 5 players?

Hell, if you want you can give gear with a tertiary stat + socket to be that elusive meaningful loot to you…

3 Likes