WoW Classic Auction House to Temporarily Close on May 14

In order to prepare our game service to be ready for both the upgrade to The Burning Crusade Classic and the availability of Classic Era realms on May 18, we will close the Auction Houses on all WoW Classic realms at 18:00 BST on Friday, May 14.

We expect Auction Houses to become available again when the game service resumes following maintenance on May 19.

We advise WoW Classic players to refrain from posting new auctions shortly before the closure, as it will not be possible for other players to access the AH thereafter, and deposit fees cannot be refunded.

Thank you for your understanding.

6 Likes

Wait, you’re taking the AH down for 5 days? That’s a first

1 Like

5 days without an auction house? That’s a joke, right? If you can’t be bothered to make sure auctions are snapshotted, at least limit the shutdown to the maximum auction duration.

2 Likes

Awesome, last minute warning at such crucial time

1 Like

What the …? Is this a joke?

2 Likes

Double-you Tee Eff?

Oh, wait, first I spend thousand of Golds for AH flip
Then they announce PrePatch in less then two weeks, alright i thought, I might be able to sell everything in 11 days, close but possible

Then they say take the AH down, how am I supposed to sell everything in 3 days?

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

1 Like

This feels like the retail team honestly, where they botch every change/thing they do and do the worst version of everything.

Why? I dont recall this ever happening before any previous pre-patch or expansion launch.

Because it would get messy, if characters bought/sold stuff to different versions of the game. What happens, if I buy something from you the day of the split and you go on to play on Era and I move on to TBCC? Do you get my gold on the o
version you don’t even play? Or on both? Or on none? There would be tons of issues. Two or three days would have been enough, though.

Ah yes. Another blue post. Let the tears flow.

Because never before have they created a snapshot before splitting the game into 2 versions. A bit of a longer heads up would have been nice though. Not everyone lives on the forums.

Can you please inform us why this announcement is not on the launcher or at the character screen info pane? I’m starting to think Blizzard are even more of a Disneyland nonsense company than I originally thought.

Of all the rubbish you tell us on the launcher, the same recycled server maintenance/restart info on the character screen, but you keep important things like auction houses going down for days and realm transfer closures only on the forums?

Please let me advise you as you advised the community in this post. Put this stuff in a place that means the majority of the community can see it. Who is making these poor decisions? Because they need the boot.

2 Likes

It’s the same in every company, the dedicated ones who are genuinely interested/motivated get replaced by those who just say “Yes Sir”. The borderline unless and solely money orientated people get promoted. It does smell like retail.

Stop complaining about everything you bunch of p******

Go outside for once and take a break from the game seriously.

Every blizzard post full of you entitled crybabies

what to do with all my stonescale oil now…

And every post has the high and mighty arrogant crew like yourself trying to feel superior by being above it all and neutral. I hate your kind more than the complainers.

1 Like

what’s BST for a time so i know when to screw the AH bots

English Summer time!

1 Like