Your top 3 moments in WoW

Not restricted to any expansion or character, what were your personal top 3 moments in wow?

Mine were:

3: killing the Lich King for the first time with my guild and seeing the cutscene.
2: logging in for the first time and seeing other players in Elwynn, as my first ever mmo experience.
1: first time going through the Dark Portal and gazing over Hellfire, way back in TBC when everyone was in Outland.

3 Likes
  1. Night elf hunter was my first character in wow, and the moment I realised that Teldrassil is actually a giant tree, is one of my top memories in WoW
  2. Same elf hunter during Wotlk, finally seeing Loque’nahak and able to tame it is also quite high in my top moments in WoW. I still use Loque as my primary pet on that hunter
  3. Some of the RP events with friends and guild members are something that I will never forget
3 Likes
  1. Wandering around Tirisfal glades
  2. Getting my scythe! Was vanilla warlock quest(i think) it was related with the old sunken temple
  3. Reaching level 60 (then not knowing what to do).
4 Likes

1- WoD cinematic grom, thought we’d see him return as hero of the horde
2- Wrath Gate
3- Arthas’s death

1 Like
  1. My first flying at 60! then flying round beating up the mobs that had given me a hard time as I levelled.
  2. Soloing BFD at level 40. I didn’t actually undetstand what dungeons were, but the mobs there trashed me when I found my way in following a quest at 23. Finally conquered it at 40!
  3. Killing the Stone elites and Overlord in Hellfire after working on them and getting a level or two.
2 Likes

In no particular order:

• Getting my last tier 0.5 piece to complete my set back in vanilla. My first “proper” set after the Defias, so it’ll always stay with me.

• Killing Nefarian, just before TBC hit.

• Getting my first ever mount. It was only the low-res Nightsaber, but I’d wanted it for so long, badly.

1 Like

I can still remember my first raid with my guild in Zul’gurub, I started at the deep end as an off tank.

My first Epic BoE item drop in Vanilla, it was BiS for two classes. It paid for my 60 mount and much more.

Making my first Alliance shaman.

My first flying experience was at 70 in TBC.

1- Getting invincible.
2- Uuna’s story.
3- going back to silvermoon which was the first place i entered when i started playing world of warcraft.

not so original…

1. Beating arthas for the 1st time
  2. wrathgate
  3. A 6 hour long alterac i did back in time. Lost. but it was the best bg i ever done.

The thing i remember best from my time in wow is all those late nights hanging out in teamspeak with guildies, doing heroics or 10 man raids (kara and zul’aman) with half the grp drunk late at night in the weekends. I miss the community from back then.

Other moments i remember as big moments:

Killing Illidan
Finally killing yogg-saron after alot of wiping
Getting my netherwing rep to exalted

Netherwing was also one of my top moments. Sadly I did it in cata, and it made me fall in love with Shadowmoon, never did it much in TBC, always skipped to Netherstorm.

Love those mounts.

1 Like

I can’t choose!

The best one for me at least, is me wanting to do bloodsail admiral, found two random people from god knows where, and startes killing guards. We wiped sooo many times, the repair bill was awful, but we did it!! Was happy after.

The netherwing questline- the best questline for a mount… would do it again!

All other moments include friends i made and just funny memories…

3 Likes

1: had the most fun in the game in MoP when i played with a wpvp guild. Everyday was fun and filled with events out in the world. Vengeful Midnight/dawn <3
2: When i hit 2.2k at arena, the highest rating i have got, doesnt really pvp anymore.
3: in vanilla when i joined a swedish guild, still talk to 5-6 of them on a weekly basis and a few of them still playes. thats pretty incredible. Have hanged out with them a lot of times irl as well even tho we are scattered around the country!

1 Like
  1. First time seeing someone with a long cloak, shoulders and a hat and he was the same class as me, he looked the best.

2. Watching my friend play in class at 11 years old and see him get the Deadman’s Hand and watch him run around in joy for like 10 minutes even though none of us knew if it was any good

3. Finally having enough gold to be able to afford 60% flying

1. Acquiring the Winterspring Frostsaber in Vanilla WoW.
It took 840 quests, each taking ~20 minutes, on a highly-contested PvP server. I were one of the first and only to get it on my server. And I still consider it my greatest long-term accomplishment in WoW to this day. That mount was the definition of dedication and effort.

2. Questing with a good friend in Ashenvale and Stonetalon Peak.
The best moments in WoW aren’t always the ones Blizzard creates. More often than not they’re the ones you create yourself with the people you play with.
And for some reason this memory just sticks in my mind as a super enjoyable moment.

3. Seeing Ironforge for the first time.
My first WoW character was in the Beta. A Dwarf Paladin. I had seen lots of screenshots and videos of WoW, and had kept up-to-date on all the information. But I had never played an MMORPG before. Diablo II was my closest gaming reference. And I remember running out of Coldridge Valley, through Kharanos, and up the ramp to Ironforge. And I was blown away. Such scale and grandeur. It was unlike anything I had ever seen in a video game before.

2 Likes

I really really want to answer this but my brain is doing this…

7 Likes

This is for me number one. It was just amazing moment with that music everyone standing there in awe looking at the huge lands with demons fighting at the stairs. I did it on TBC launch and it just added to experience how people rushed in and then just stopped to stare everything once trough the gate.

Second is when i got my flight form and first time got into air.

Third must be travelling to Iron Forge first time to use auction house (it was only place for it that time for alliance) and walking trough that giant doorway.

1 Like

You really like posting gifs, do you :joy:

1 Like
  1. Getting first epic mount, Swift Orange Raptor.
  2. After that, I get an overload of stuff already mentioned: killing Arthas, Nefarian, Ragnaros, entering the Dark Portal, etc…after Wrath, “heroic” moments have been lacking.
1 Like

Trust Level 3 is fabulous!!! I have to do it.

3 Likes