Fallen Charger Update

We’ve read feedback from players and observed in-game activities that have led us to see that the Fallen Charger could be better configured.

The initial design intention with Fallen Charger was to make it similar to the Time-Lost Proto-Drake, but that setup didn’t match how other rare spawns behave in Shadowlands, so we changed it on the PTR to work like other rares, where players would want to organize to defeat it because the drop chance would be meaningful enough to warrant doing so.

However, there’s a growing sense of frustration for many as the mount currently feels like something that requires repeated and constant grinding in Group Finder. So with a hotfix that is going live soon today, we’re making three updates to the Fallen Charger:

• It will now drop an appropriate amount of Maw loot, such as Stygia, Ve’nari Reputation, and a chance for a Korthian Armament.
  • It will now incur the daily loot lockout when you kill it.
  • We’ve increased the drop chance of the Reins of the Fallen Charger by 3x.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this.

12 Likes

Great news because it did encourage toxic and unhealthy body and mind game play .
Fake groups in LFG and the amount of time waiting which stopped us from doing other tasks .

4 Likes

Well I’m glad I farmed mine when it was possible to do it the old way.

9 Likes

Thinking the same as Puny, but atleast the trolling and general idiocy will be less (and maw lag as well I assume).

2 Likes

If the aim is to reduce lag I can see why they might want to change the umpteen raid parties diving onto one shard when it spawns.

3 Likes

TLPD was a one in an expansion low spawn rate rare that made its mount special (and was 100% at that). Now every patch has a bunch of these but with different timers and tiny drop rates. This is both getting too repetitive and is not fun gameplay.

I dont care about the Fallen Charger itself since it has a few recolors anyway but the timing of release and design phylosophy of its acquisition summed up the whole patch for at least some of us.

6 Likes

The maw has too much going on it in general:

• It’s tied to all Korthia activity, lore and server load wise.
  • Charger mount campers
  • Assaults
  • Dailies with big rep rewards
  • Story line progressions
  • etc.

Going on, all day, every day.

It’s not like the random spike of activity with an old BFA/Legion assault.

1 Like

I think these are good changes overall, I got mine first try so I’m a little numb to some of the problems people are facing but I’ve heard lots of remarks regarding fake LFG groups, reporting and automatically being silenced (and thus unable to participate in group activity in the group finder, including things like M+ or Pugging) for not inviting people and so on. One further change I would hope is made is the spawn timer being reduced.

I personally do not think the design intention is very well thought out. The TLPD existed during a time without sharding, without cross-realm grouping, in a time long ago. It also had a 100% drop rate. Either way, this happened with Soundless too, an extraordinarily long spawn timer - a very low % mount. Ishak too, but less so. I have to question why?

What fun is there in sitting at a location for many hours, likely alt tabbed or looking at a second monitor, periodically checking over or to press space bar to avoid being disconnected from AFK - only to be alerted when the airhorn addon sounds? It doesn’t personally strike me as engaging or thrilling gameplay.

4 Likes

killed it 50 times to get it…wasted like 5h in game, i knew you will change it blizz =)

3X 1%=3%? Ok thanks.

Or maybe it’s higher. who knows for sure?

2 Likes

Can you please please fix soundless. Farming it is currently impossible. The drop rate is horrible and there are no groups in lfg anymore since it’s past content. Fallen charger will have the same fate eventually but at least the drop rate is decent…

And yeah as others have pointed out the whole rare waiting design is so unenjoyable. Almost made me quit the game because of how unfun it is to wait afk watching YouTube videos. If I am going to be afk watching YouTube why even pay a sub? I want active gameplay. Not sitting afk doing nothing.

2 Likes

Maybe u shoud have farmed soundless abit harder in bfa then.

Here’s an update:

Your game is still a laughing stock, forget about mount spawns and quite literally just fix your game.

Simple.

2 Likes

Blizz is mostly focusing on mythic+ and raids, leaving the casuals behind with crap open world content so it will not happen.

2 Likes

Only thing they seem focused on rn is running this game into the sediment lol

“wow, nice patch blizztard, whats next you absolute geniuses ?”

“crashing this gameee!!! … with no subscribers!!” :clown_face:

1 Like

Having a ridiculously low %age drop rate on these mounts isn’t fun. Dungeons/raids are fine for having a small drop rate, there’s nothing that overly bad about that, but the amount of these mission impossible drop mounts in the game is tedious.

Maybe they should design their content and systems a bit more thoughtfully…

1 Like

Wowhead claimed it was closer to 10% iirc

1 Like

Increase the spawn rate and make it a daily lockout, but please don’t increase the drop chance! Its okay to have rare things in the game, not everyone needs the mount, giving it a 15% drop chance is huge for a rare mount! It’s original 5% is also very high for a daily lockout drop, there’s literally no reason to raise what’s already good. It just cheapens it :sweat_smile:

It’s not ridiculously low though… Its ridiculously high for a mount drop, I’ve got every 9.1 open world drop mount apart from the Crimson Razorfin, with putting very little effort in - this week alone I got the secret hand mount, Darkmaul, Crimson Shardehide, Rampaging Mauler, Fallen Charger and the Kyrian Recolour, the last thing this mount needs is a drop rate increase :roll_eyes: Its no fun if everyone gets the same mount easily, it just cheapens it, you don’t deserve a mount because you killed an easy elite a couple of times