2h Demon Hunter

So started a new Demon Hunter the other day and while questing in the Demon Hunter starting zone I noticed one of the NPC’s had a 2h Scythe.

- Allari the Souleater

Now firstly Demon hunters have only 2 specs, I think it would make sense to give them a 3rd spec which allows for use of 2h weapons. (Maybe just Polearms and staffs) or something.

It felt kinda weird that Demon Hunters only had 2 specs, and ontop of that why would Blizz then create a Demon Hunter with a 2h Weapon to aid us through the starting experience without letting us play one. I would not have thought 2h Demon Hunters existed if I didn’t see this NPC and now that I’ve seen this NPC i’m wondering why I cant play a character like that.

Let me know if you’d like to be a 2h Demon Hunter too?

6 Likes

So you want demon hunter to be affliction warlock with a scythe?

I mean havoc is old demonology warlock

Let’s just delete warlock and give everything to dh . Since locks are bad anyway only destro is viable

2 Likes

Warlocks are not Melee, Whats wrong with a Demon hunter use a 2h Melee weapon?

3 Likes

i never said they are melee but demonology warlock back in wrath until Legion was Havoc demon hunter today , warlocks had metamorphisis .

Why ? simple question why? we are geting 2h melee dks , we got paladins already having 2h , warrior . why a dh with 2h its legit scuffed arms warrior with warlock abilites or if u wanted to make it ranged its scuffed affliction warlock.

Keep demon hunters as they are , they are unique in their own way

1 Like

They were warlocks because they had one spell the same?

Guys just asking for a bit or varity in his class why you gotta fight him on it? Coming in here with your 4 specs denying him a 3rd.

Shame. Shame on you and the tree you live in druid. I hope your kittens catch rabbies.

Also getting melee 2h DKs are we :hushed: thats new!

Sorry im bored.

6 Likes

I think the best would be DH to not carry a weapon at all.
Since they are so hilariously overpowered for their 2 keys… No wep DH will be balanced :joy:

1 Like

Demon Hunter has insanely strong fantasy due to Warglaives, not using 2 Warglaives would be like rogue wielding 2h Sword. I know they can use different weapons than warglaives, but their playstyle and speed is excluding 2h weapons, these are meant for slower specs.

1 Like

I agree with Fahratt, Demon Hunter whole premise is they are extremely fast. Classes I can think of that use 2H are:
Plate: Fury and Arms Warrior, Ret Paladin and Blood and Unholy Death Knight
Mail: Survival Hunter (and previously Enhancement Shaman)
Leather: Brewmaster Monks (Druids use their Animal Forms as their “weapons”)
Cloth: None (don’t hit with staff)
It would be interesting, but I would wish Vengeance had access to full Demonsteel Plate and a 2H, which will be never.

So personally, it would be interesting, but look dumb. Since 2H weapons are slow but hit hard, opposite of a DH.

1 Like

Yes! 2handed glaive spec I am in!

1 Like

DH with 2h or dual 2h is a warrior. Move on.

1 Like

Ah so blood dk and soon 2h frost dk are just warriors, too? Cuz 2handed aha. Aha.

I was thinking about pit lord glaives /Pole arms

4 Likes

The only “fast” 2H weapons I can imagine are polearms and twinblades (longer glaives with a lot of spining moves). Creating another unique weapon for them is no-no, and any other 2H weapon seems too slow to fit DH fighting style. But another spec is still a good idea.

1 Like

yes, BUT those polearms would look godlike on DH. Especially in hands of WoW artist team, I am sure they would come up with great animations. I’d switch in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I mean I wouldn’t mind having a scythe wielding demon hunter. Sign me up!

2 Likes

In short, yes. Depending on the survivability. More than likely they will have far more survivability though since imo, blizz hate fury.

1 Like

Such a good idea, it would be very fitting for DH tanks to get 2hs, i think polearms and swords would work very very well

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.