2h enhancement shaman p4 PTR

2h enhancement shamans have struggled all of SoD, and every time you try to buff it to bring the damage in line with DW, you are changing the only thing that does not at all change the way the spec feels to play. I think I can speak for most 2h-enjoyers; we do not care about faster attack speed, and more MSW procs because it still does not synergize well with the other abilities. Either we are stuck using lava burst, or we can use molten blast, although I dont understand why anyone would. What we do need is another melee ability. Something that gives us more control when we are stuck on 4 MSW procs. Also, using lava burst with 2hand just means you are missing out on CL or LB, and the whole playstyle general feels bad to play. I don’t care what it is, just give us something that gives us a second melee attack, whether that is “frost strike” or “lava smash” or whatever. Something that makes it feel “fun” to play, compared to what it is now. Just to be super clear what I am talking about; adding bonus attack speed/power to the chest rune does not make 2h more interesting to play at all.

“Windfury now proc 3 extra attacks while using a two hand weapon”

Maybe just reduce stormstrike cooldown by -2 seconds with 2hand mastery rune?

i am a bit fan of 2h shaman and played it many times just for the fun of it. but… i do not believe that shaman 2h will become anything usefull. it is just to hard to balance and to much effort for a sub-version of a spec.

Just rip off ascension wow and make lava lash “lava sweep” attacks with a firey strike targets in a cone in front of you

it’s only about 100-200dps behind dual wield atm on ptr, bearing in mind, dual wield is very strong.

That not terrible. However, a “singe weapon” variant of Lava Lash would aid 2handed in giving them more reliable buttons to press than a CD capped LvB. And aid Warden Shaman in having a reliable low mana cost hand rune, as opposing to using the mana guzzling Molten Blast or the equally clunk twice per minute LvB

Could they not just implement a similar version to legion or BFA storm strike where melee hits have a chance to reset the cd. With the increased melee speed that would work quite nicely if the proc chance isn’t 0

2h Shaman needs a whirlwind a la Warrior.

10 second cooldown.
100-120% weapon damage
requires 2 handed weapon.
hits 4-5 targets around the shaman. (no WF procs, similar to warrior whirlwind).
low/no mana cost like lava lash.

preferably some class spice that has it turn the physical damage it would do into random elemental damage - nature/frost/fire… so either you hit all targets with the same element in one usage, or its literally a random element on each individual target hit.

this would serve as an extra attack, and it would massively help generate maelstrom which enhancement revolves around in SOD - not having the ability to regularly stack maelstrom outside of WF procs is what is killing 2H.

i don’t think i could come up with a more unoriginal and boring suggestion if i tried tbh.

Ok then -3 seconds.
Are you trying to start a useless argument again? Must be one of your hobbies.
Boring and simple is good in many cases, blizz rarely applies complicated tunings, they want Simple yet effective (aka cheap) solutions

nooo my heart :sob:
you little rascal

nah bro but come on man, you aren’t even trying to be creative.
doesn’t it hurt to use your brain to such a low degree?
where’s the spark?
where’s the fervor?
WHERE IS THE PASSION I ASK YOU, WHERE?! :crazy_face:

Like I said else where just steal more good ideas from private servers and create an ability that is 2 hand only. Lava sweep: A fiery attack that hit all targets in a cone Infront of the shaman for fire damage. Could throw in a “does increased damage Vs targets affected by flame shock”

That’s molten blast, the main issue with that is it’s massive mana cost.

Ye no I don’t mean as a spell Its an weapon attack… The same as lava lash but 2 handed

that would work too.
basically any kind of aoe melee attack is whats needed to make 2h work.
that’s the only thing that could hope to compete with dual wield, and that’s on top of the incoming buffs to 2h.