2H Frost DK

Guys is it just me or 2h frost dk does not feel like it does as much dmg or is as relaible because of how the class “prefers dual wielding weapons” and is probably considered to be played as such. Not to mention the hazzle of having to always have 2 weapons for dual wielding purposes and the loot will probably lean towards dual wielding if you rolled a frost dk even if you prefer a 2h weapon on your frost dk.
(in my opinion, I dont prefer dual wielding dk , no offense to anyone)

I love the idea of a frost dk, and I played a lot during Wod, I remember one day just logging in and suddenly I had 2 dual wielding weapons for my frost dk in my backpack and could no longer wield a 2h weapon. It really ruined it for me, I see frost dk as this powerful dk like arthas, even wielding frostmourne at some point but instead they got dual wielding weapons in legion artifact quest…

Were people longing to have dual wielding frost dk or something? Was it a heated debate at somepoint and people said, FINALLY I can play a dual wielding frost dk and blizzard feelt the need to change the class?
I know I can wield 2h weapons as a frost but it does not feel right, when the description says they prefer to dual wield and for me frost dks deal less dmg when wielding 2h weapon ( I am probably wrong) but still.

I so badly wanted to go back and enjoy playing a dark powerful dk and frost dk feels like that but I could NEVER play a dual wielding DK, I dont know but it bothers the hell out of me, fantasy and roleplaying wise.
And whats more, I have read that dual wielding frost needs to go breath for ultimate dmg but 2h must do something else…

I currently playing unholy but I dont like “pet” specs rn and festering wounds and all that is not overly fun.

The only thing I wish for is if you select to play as frost, it can also prefer using 2h weapons and that the abilites work well with 2h weapon as well-

Anyway is anyone else bothered by this?

3 Likes

Frost DK currently hits like a wet noodle when Pillar of Frost is not active. I really like the class and the theme too, I play it in PvP just to annoy people (slow/pull/stun/silence/reduce haste etc).
From what I’ve heard the class will be much better in TWW tho.

Hopefully it will be, Do you have any information regarding 2h frost dk in TWW? Will they do anything about that because right now the class leans more towards dw, with abilities like the breath of sindragosa ects and also when a class prefers dw, the loot usally favors that aspect as well.

Talent tree reorganized/vamped (you can check it on wowhead, it has a TWW talent calc already), around 25% dmg buffs across the board and Rider of the Apocalypse Hero tree will fit the class very well.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Will do!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.