2nd PC Build

Currently about to do a 2nd PC build (recently returned to WoW and can’t stand sharing with my partner!). I was going to buy a GTX 1660 Ti for £289, but I found a secondhand GTX 980 Ti at £130, and seeing as they’re quite comparable I will go with the cheaper option for now. I’ll then wait until an RTX becomes available at normal price.

Rest of the build will be;

CPU: Intel i5-10400F
Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular
Storage: 500GB WD Blue NVME.M2
Case: Any bog standard ATX case

I think this sounds like a pretty good build, but just looking to see what other people think.

The first build I did was with a GTX 1660 Super, Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB DDR4 3600mhz, AsRock B450M-HDV, 500GB WD Blue NVME.M2, Corsair CX550 PSU.

PC is just for WoW and occasionally a bit of Sims, so think this will do fine?

The price difference is disturbing a bit. Electronics do age so there is a risk associated with cheap old hardware. Double-check seller and the state of the GPU.

If it’s available, not overpriced and so on… then it’s good.

If it’s non-K not sure if you have to push it unless you aren’t really trying to make it a low budget build. CL is also important. 3200 with low CL could be more accessible than 3600-3800ish (and ne Ryzens are somewhat inflating higher tier RAM prices due to demand created).

Do something fun :wink: There are cheap cases that do look nice, small or not-usuall :wink:

Or go crazy with things like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000268988140.html

1 Like

Graphics card is in good shape. In any case I’ll be replacing it within a month or so (scalpers situation dependent)

The i5-10400f is £104 approx. At checkout on Ebuyer and RAM is about £70ish (I don’t pay VAT).

Now wondering whether just to do another build with a Ryzen 5 3600?? Can at least do the XMP Profile to make sure the RAM is running at correct speed.

Haha, I’m not adventurous as far as cases go. I suck at hooking up RGB fans et al.

I think the 10400f is slightly faster than a 3600 but there’s not much in it either way some games the 3600 is faster but in most games the 10400f has a slight lead but depends if you are planning on overclocking I go with 3600 if not and planning on leaving them at stock I would just go with which ever works out cheaper once you factor the motherboard in to the price.

Although if you did go for a 3600 and a mid range b450 board then you would have the option in a year or 2 if you wanted to upgrade again you could just get a cheap second hand 5600/5800x update the BIOS if it needs it then just plop it in your motherboard and you will be good to go.

I decided to go for another Ryzen 5 3600 build in the end, with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX II mobo. Now to wait for the parts to arrive… Hurry up Mr Postman.

Nice choice :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.