2nd/3rd Horde/Clan-esque guilds?

I’m a nostalgic soul and whilst I’m not prone to rose-tinted fondness for yester-year I must say I do prefer the older shapes the Horde has taken to the way it is now, not with regards to races but in terms of tone.

I feel like I’m missing that “rabble of tribes united under a sturdy-yet-humble ethos” feeling from the 3rd Horde and the “Desperate militarism and reliance/acceptance of dark powers” of the 2nd Horde and I can’t seem to find similar analogues in modern RP guilds.

Similarly I like the whole lore of the Orcish clans and I seem to remember there was a period where Clan guilds were as numerous on the Horde as House Guilds were to the Alliance (the general quality of either I’m not one to speak for) and I have always enjoyed that sense of atomised cultures with their own codes, histories, and customs. (Not Orcish specifically, just that sorta scene/tone, y’know?)

So I’ve been wondering what guilds there are on AD that cater to any (if not some respects of all) of the above?

Call me what you will I don’t really enjoy the prevalence of gothic undead or arcane elves or even to an extent the used-car-salesmen goblins with mechs/machineguns that, lovely though they are, I’ve grown rather tired of lately and I find myself yearning for somewhere a bit more… let’s say “rural?” “Traditional?” to plant my flag.

Edit: Note: I’m not saying race-specific guilds with this. I’m just talking tone. If anything it gets a lot more interesting when there are more than one race in the mix. (What would the 2nd Horde be without Ogres?.. still waiting on them to be playable…)

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re describing the Frozen Paw Clan! I’ve only heard good things about them, and although their forum thread is locked, they are very much active in-game! Just give Rogmasha a poke!

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/137340

2 Likes

Hey Tamah! On top of the Frozen Paw (which is based more on Thrall’s ideals and recruits a multitude of races in their work), there’s a number of really good Clan-based guilds Horde-side. Some ARE Orcs-Only, others let in only a few specific races, whereas FPC allows all members of the Horde to join. Here’s the short-list:

The Iron Wolf Clan - Created after the reign of Garrosh and the Siege of Orgrimmar, the Iron Wolves are a Warband turned Clan under Grashka Redcleaver. They are based out of the Dranosh’ar Blockade and Orgrimmar, aiding beyond those borders to support the Horde and uphold the peace… As long as the Armistice lasts! (Contacts are Redcleaver and Nikoran) Delete this please!

The Orcs of the Red Blade - The newest iteration of Clan Redblade, the Red Blades are a true to earth Clan-guild, accepting only Orcs. Nomadic and self-sufficient, they travel across Azeroth to support the Horde’s homelands and battle far-flung threats. Their pursuit is honor, rather than gold. Their clan also hosts the bi-annual Kosh’harg, the meeting of the Clans, and the next is slated for the 2nd week of September! (Contacts are Noshmarak or Kozgugore) [H-RP] Orcs of the Red Blade

And of course The Frozen Paw Clan - Dedicated to the ideals of Shamanism, naturalism and kinship, the Frozen Paw is a nomadic clan based around the ideals of the Frostwolves and the now extinct Whiteclaw Clan. Serving under High Command and travelling where the Horde is the weakest, the Paw deals with a wide variety of threats and missions from diplomacy, to warfare, to relief efforts. They handle the Roaming Hub, mobile short-term campaigns across Azeroth that hosts all manner of guilds! (Contacts are Rogmasha, Overhaul, Velravyn, or any online ‘Overseer’ or ‘Second’)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.