3% Dmg increase (Ret)

Now with the news of this damage increase coming this Wednesday, I’m really interested now to see how we’ll do, once we know more about this new legendary axe.

If it’s going to be OP, I highly expect we’ll be hit with a nerf bat not too soon after obtaining the legendary is done with ease.

4 Likes

Since the legendary is for both DK’s, Warrior and Ret, I doubt they will target any one class specifically. They might tune the weapon if it overperforms, we will have to see.

I doubt it though, assuming that the acquisition of it will be similar to the Evoker legendary. It will cost time and gold, so they are probably ok with it being a bit overscaled, like the Evo Leggo was.

1 Like

Rets single target dmg is not as good this season so i doubt they will be hitting us with the nerf bat

2 Likes

Ret st damage has not been good since shadowlands s4. Or at the very least, ret needs to sacrifice a massive amount of either st or aoe in order to do one or the pther.

They need to bring back wake of ashes reset at 50%, and the seraphim proc on art of war at least, maybe even seraphim itself, but without holy power cost and off gcd.

Not just to help st, but also because there was no reason to remove them, and it left a hole in ret rotation.

Frankly speaking, i do not like the ret rework. I think it’s mediocre gameplay. Yea sure they improved a few things, but it’s mostly defensives, utility etc, in terms of actual gameplay it’s very meh.

3 Likes

Yes idd i prefer the seraphim style mabye they could bring it back so that it does not require holy power and can be used more easy. Also they took away hand of hinderance which i didnt like ret should atleast be causing problems during wings even that seems meh atm

1 Like

Nowdays ret just dont have burst, it deals like tunneling dmg, but for tunnelling he got low sustain, i really dont like one shot style, but ret got nothing - no sustain, no burst, no utility (yes in 3s ret feels like A class, probably a-) not S and not op, but in soloshuffle.

2 Likes

and we got again same …i cant stop laughing after i see [10.2 Class Tuning: December 19th]…as i always tell blizz has no developers for paladins especially for ret…i guess this kind of specch going there :slight_smile: good or bad all classes has specific changes on spells , number or anything deep like that…THEN :
Developer A : what about Ret ?
Developer B : Ret ?
Developer A : tthe paladin dps
Developer B : so ?
Developer A : they cry for buff
Developer B : who works on it ? i m druid developer
Developer A : like always .noone and i m rogue developer
Developer B : so what we do ?
Developer A : lets give %3 for all like before
Developer B : good idea…do it !!

4 Likes

On top of 3% dmg increase they should revert 4pc nerf from 25% to 50% as it was on PTR

4 Likes

They need to buff ret more! Or we will go on a Crusade! Atleast some execution sentence buff would be nice.

5 Likes

Chill guys I’m sure this time they will actually give real targeted buffs not just the tiny 3% aura as usual. I trust them! There is no way they would repeat the mistakes of the past that wont resolve any issues and wont even put ret from the bottom to the middle of the pack!
Just let me prepare for all the awesome changes
:clown_face:

4 Likes

I’m of the same opinion

1 Like

With 3% buff and axe Ret is still in an awful state. As devs wont take the class seriously it’s nothing but a dead specc.

2 Likes

3% buff is nothing because 20-30% from ur dmg comes from procs trinkets embelishments etc so its like a spit in your face for playing ret

3 Likes

Really, ret not need to have more dmg, really, its okay.
If u played 2s ret got good tunel dmg.
Probably, ret need more burst dmg, yup, not tunel.
But as for me, ret need some utility mechanics/ def mechanics.

The reason ret is hard to play on low raiting solo shuffle (heals just do not calculate on u and pressing trinket after first cc, that u can sanc.

Thats make ur one of main talents are useless, i guess little more healing, and change that pvp talent Hallowed ground.

I wish blizz staff just play 10 games in solo shuffle vs frost mage to feel that pain i got every game.

Ret need some roots mechanics, or more slow to have chance somehow get frost mage, + think about that holystrike talent, that makes u to deal all damage as warrior, u cant even hit thru bop… u cant hit rogues in cosh…
Cmon, ur attacks cant kill in physical imun, magical imun… its looking really weird

25/26 ranked DPS for raid overall let’s gooooooo

2 Likes

Aye this. I literally cannot catch up to a mage, a Hunter or a Devoker if they are playing well, they can kite me forever while just killing me over time

4 Likes

AOE wise Ret is in a great place, I’m not running the highest keys but I’m normally top or almost top for DPS as a whole in 20-22’s …

3% damage increase across the board isn’t what we need, we need the large cap between ST and AoE closing, as ST is painful.

But most of all it’s the downtime, never seen so many windows with nothing to press just from not missing any GCDs, even with on use trinkets - that’s the most painful part.

A root or gap close would be great as well!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.