Fire Mage and Enhancement Shaman PvP Tuning - 16 March

With scheduled weekly maintenance next week, we’re planning to make some adjustments to specs that are overperforming in PvP.

• Mage
    • Tempest Barrier’s (Conduit) absorb value reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
    • Fire
      • Flamecannon’s (PVP Talent) buff duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).
      • Pyrokinesis (PVP Talent) now causes Fireball to reduce the cooldown of Combustion by 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).
      • Tinder (PVP Talent) now reduces the cast time of your next Fireball by 30% (was 50%).

In Season 3, Fire Mages have been overperforming across all skill brackets in rated PvP, and we will be reducing the power of commonly picked talents to better fit within other spec representation and performance.

Additionally, we want to address Fire survivability, as stamina has increased with item level between seasons, and the absorb from Tempest Barrier has scaled higher than we’d like. So, we will be reducing the effectiveness of the conduit.

We hope that these changes keep the overall feel of Fire in PvP intact, with a more reasonable power output. We look forward to seeing players unlock Class Set and double Legendary bonuses, and we will continue to monitor PvP balance as the season progresses.

• Shaman
    • Enhancement
      • The healing increase to Maelstrom Weapon provided by Focused Lightning (Conduit) has been decreased by 70% while engaged in PvP combat.

During the development of Eternity’s End, we provided a substantial increase to the effectiveness of the Focused Lightning conduit, targeted at bringing it in line with the damage potential of other potency conduit options. However, the healing provided by this conduit has increased Enhancement Shaman’s instant healing capabilities beyond what other similar non-healer specializations can bring to the table in PvP.

A change to the healing portion of the conduit should allow other parts of the Enhancement Shaman healing kit to remain strong, and not affect the recent damage throughput increase to Focused Lightning.

7 Likes

Re-design death knight tier set bonus

4 Likes

Nerf holy priests , cba facing these 80% of the games.

15 Likes

Fair nerf. But please make Astral Shift/Ethereal Form usable while being stunned.

Thank you

3 Likes

Yea, lets give them a bubble aswell.

2 Likes

Ye, hpriests are disgusting. Its funny because it means there are so many fotm players.

2 Likes

We are still missing fixes on ret healing, arms damage, hunter damage, dh damage, sub rogue control and priest healing/damage (at least one from it).

Good job though on mage hotfixes! Really love those!

Also looking forward on maintaining balance during the season, as you said. Hopefully more than just words! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So when is flayed shot CD being increased to 1 min?
It’s completely borken in it’s current state

5 Likes

Solid changes.

Now do Holy Priest nerfs next (To both damage and healing), and start properly tuning 2 and 4 tier bonus sets for PvP.

3 Likes

Oh, forgot to mention.

Nerf DH as well.

And remove Rune of Spellwarding talent from DKs

6 Likes

Stop lying. How can you face holy 80% of the games, when they only have 55% representation in 2v2??

2 Likes

I’ve played 20 games of 3s this week. 2 rdruids, 2 shamans, 1 disc, 15 holy priests.

Representation across an entire ladder doesn’t mean the same representation in all rating ranges, and representation doesn’t mean matchups will reflect them entirely.

Meaning you can have a rating range where, let’s say hpriests only makes up for 15% for a rating range of 400, meaning something like 1100-1500 or 2200-2600, take any random 400-rating range you want for this hypothetical. It can also mean the opposite can happen and that a spec can represent more than 80% of a rating range, while still keeping the hypothetical in the realm of what’s feasible.

But even if a spec only represents, let’s say 5% of a rating range, they can still become your opponents in much more than half of your games played in a single session. Because no ladder representation, no matter how much you fragment it into different rating ranges, represents what’s queuing at that given moment in that rating range nor does it dictate what you’ll be matched against in each of your games.

So looking at the statistics from the ladder won’t necessarily translate as such to a single player’s gameplay session. :laughing:
It doesn’t mean it can’t, but it doesn’t mean it will.

(Unless you were being facetious, in that case I apologise. It’s not always clear in pure text if you don’t add an emoji to help convey the tone more. :laughing:)

I just wanted to post this gif of the joke going over your head, but now you ruined it with your edit. :rage:

1 Like

ye because dk is crazy op.
noone even ever uses that talent except against affl lock in 2s. miss that thingy being bugged now dh’s clap me even harder.

Quick maths

Just because DK isn’t as broken as most melee, doesn’t mean Rune of Spellwarding is acceptable.

DK has AMS sitting on a lower than 1 min cd, and can provide full magic immunity (meaning I can’t even put my dots up, can’t MC, can’t Stun) and it’s undispellable - am I supposed to break it with my 2K mind blasts? On top of that, DK has AMZ, Fortitude and heal with Death Strikes and whatnot. And if the DK is Necro, add it’s perks to it as well.

So yes, Rune of Spellwarding is broken, it’s permanent with zero skill/thought output, and 100% unnecessary considering the multiple other defensive tools DK has. If DK isn’t in a good spot, fix that. Rune of Spellwarding though has no place of existing.

you are so wrong on so many levels.

im in the process of rerolling to DH , trust me DK does not need any nerfs

Oh yea,? So please elaborate on what I’ve said that is wrong. I’ll be waiting for the mental gymnastics on why you think Rune of Spellwarding talent makes any sense to exist.

Like I said, if DK is subpar on other ends by all means tune it and fix it but I’ll never be okay with Rune of Spellwarding.

Also nerf Holy Ward duration to 10 sec and CD to 1 min so that you can actually put some thoughts into this spell and make an actual play rather than afk’ing 24/7 with this against some certain combs without much cc.

5 Likes