Rated PvP Temporarily Closed to Cross-faction Groups

In order to address issues we’re seeing with cross-faction PvP, we’re in the process of disabling the ability for cross-faction groups to enter the rated PvP queue. This will require that we re-start all realms.

We’ve been working on these issues as a priority, but we expect that the fix is going to take more than a few hours for us to develop, test, and deploy.

We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve got a fix and are ready to re-enable rated cross-faction PvP play.

3 Likes

well spend 42€ now i cant play allianz anyway

5 Likes

Can you ask Microsoft to loan bliz some internal qa staff please?

11 Likes

Everybody is very dissapointed. So many of my friends said they won’t renew their game time subscription.

Please fix… I literally transferred to Alliance and now I can’t play? What a joke.

4 Likes

Any news ?? :<

unsubbed untill microsoft takes over and we actually have the service for the premium subscription you ask.

9 Likes

You had MONTHS to develop, test and deploy, you are really ridiculous and playing with all players, shame on you

13 Likes

“expect that the fix is going to take more than a few hours for us to develop, test, and deploy.” - You should have already tested it so you would not falsely advertise the new function/feature. I paid for a service because I wanted to use the advertised funcion in it. I am unable to to do furthermore there isn’t a clear date when will I able to. And on top of that now I cannot even play the game ( I only play it for rated pvp) with my friends whom stayed in horde. So actually my game time is ticking for nothing and I even paid to not be able to play. This is outright a scam. Not the first, not the last.

13 Likes

i took a 1-2 month break, the cross faction got me hyped back and it’s disabled :sob:

Well we will just wait a bit i guess

UPDATE? Come on guys…

UPDATE – 4 June 2:00 CEST

We continue to work on this issue as a top priority, and expect that work on a fix will continue into next week. Because of the nature of rated PvP, bugs can result in an unfair competitive loss, and we want to be extra-cautious in testing our fix.

We will let you know as soon as we’ve finalized the solution to the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

4 Likes

“we want to be extra-cautious in testing our fix.” - thats why you dropped this patch with full of bugs, and even if you would just test the rated pvp once these bugs would have appear. Anyway where was this “extra-cautious” attitude before the patch?

At least let us revert the faction change so we can play.

6 Likes

same here. I got 3x faction change and can’t play

Great that you work on a fix.

Could you give some information on how money returns regarding this issue will be handled?

Since this now means several days of not been able to play and since no timeline is given a lot of us feel forced to change back to horde to play over the weekend and then change back to alliance again when it’s fixed. Meaning 2 extra factions changes to be able to play the game.

3 Likes

You had enough time to think about this, try to think more about the players and community, with this behavior you lose players every day

4 Likes

There is absolutely no patience nor understanding.
You have years and years of experience, we waited for months for this update, and you ask us patience, like we didn’t wait enough for you to deliver a decent update, there are bugs everywhere, not just with crossfactions, you are fooling everyone here, and you don’t even offer any kind of compensation

And the most funny part is about the extra-cautious thing, like you didn’t have time to be extra-cautious with all those bugs when you had months to prepare it.

Anyway, it’s time for me to cancel my subscription, you push it too far.

7 Likes

Why didn’t you spot this bug during internal testing?

What steps have you implemented to stop similar issues arising in the future?

Gives us some transparency or this post just smells like old bliz, not the improved dontlookhowwetreatourstaff bliz…

1 Like

would it be possible to also enable crossfaction for raidfinder? lower playercount content feels okay, but an LFR queue taking an hour during primetime just doesnt feel healthy

2 Likes

More gender diversity? -Yes. Cash awards to Bobby Kotik? -Yes. Strikes? - Yes. Start working at least 30% the way programmers work on pirated servers - No. Stop looking like a jerk - No

you are completely incompetent. If it was my company, I would hire old developers, as well as developers from pirated servers, and fire all mediocrity and idlers. Each update is worse than the previous one, a huge outflow of people. You have huge funds and a lot of staff, but people are waiting for the Lich King, which was in 2009. This is a total failure of the company. The lich king was the pinnacle of this game, since then people are just leaving, you are wasting money and losing players for 13 years in a row) 12 million people played this game and what do we have now? Complete disgrace and failure

3 Likes